DVDVR Message Board

Extreme Rules X - 7/15/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Russev/Styles was really good

Ziggler/Rollins was fine but predictable and shouldn't have been the main event.

Tables match was fun.

We lose what could have been a perfectly decent match in Hardy/Nak so the show can end early and Randy Orton can return to give us a feud nobody wants to see.

Asuka gets made to look like a chump once again.

The rest was inoffensive but unmemorable.

• Like 1

Out of what 10 or 11 matches, how many of them ended without a fuck finish and/or interference?   3?   

This is why people keep saying,  booking,  booking,  BOOKING...     It's all garbage.  They cannot just have two people fight and one come out as a winner.  It's trash.  

Plus,  Asuka looked completely stupid AGAIN.  So much for that "she'll be fine after the Charlotte loss"  ...  really?  If that's "fine"...   then I'd hate to see the opposite. 

Nia was rendered pretty much a jobber tonight as well.  

Just a bad show overall and there's no reason for it.  The booking is WCW 2000.  This roster deserves better.  

• Like 5

Seriously, why do people keep paying to go to these shows they clearly don't give a shit about?  I mean, I get where they're coming from.  50% of PPVs these days are made up of shit I don't care about, and another 40% is stuff I might care about that is 100% certain to be booked like shit. [/Steiner Math]

So I don't pay to go to the shows!  I can watch a clock and count down to zero every minute for half an hour like a crazy person for free in the comfort of my own home.

• Like 1

Trying to think has there been an ironman match where the winner of the match was made to look worse than the winner.  Dolph got 5 falls and at least 3 maybe 4 were because of McIntyre.   When Drew turns on Dolph he is fucked

Speaking of fucked Asuka everybody.  Knew they were going to do something stupid and boy did they.   Really it is like the NXT streak never existed and maybe that would have been better for her

Speaking of stupid, Daniel Bryan signs an extension to the WWE and then has to eat the fall when his partner is in a walking boot.  I know that Kane legit broke his ankle (well according to reports) but he can't take one fucking move for a pin.  YOU HAVE TO PROTECT KANE   

Rest in peace Jeff Hardy's dick after this show.  

I get that they want to keep their heels strong, but man does WWE keep finding inventive ways of making their faces looks bad.  From Asuka continually slipping on a banana peel to having Rollins blow a 3-0 lead.  It's just not helping anyone.

• Like 1

Why is Seth losing to Ziggler anyway?  I'm not one of these "Ziggler is the worst ever"  people but his time has come and gone.  I'm fine with him as a midcard guy. Seth Rollins was on a roll and it's like they refuse to capitalize on it.  They didn't capitalize on Braun either.  This company... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Bo celebrating on the post-show was better than 90% of the show

Hell Andrade Cien Almas vs Sin Cara was better than 90% of the show and it was the first fucking match

Oh hey look the guy who has the best matches in the WWE for 2018 is in the Kalisto spot.  Sure  

• Like 3

Both women’s matches were pretty much a mess. The only good thing about Nia/Alexa was the Ronda interference. Other than the press slam on the trash can, they could have left the props out. None of it looked convincing, including the closing moments with the DDT on the chair. I know that they want to prolong both reigns, but there have to be better ways.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jamal said:

Both women’s matches were pretty much a mess. The only good thing about Nia/Alexa was the Ronda interference. Other than the press slam on the trash can, they could have left the props out. None of it looked convincing, including the closing moments with the DDT on the chair. I know that they want to prolong both reigns, but there have to be better ways.

Yeah. First PPV in a long time (GRR excepted for obvious reasons) where none of the Horsewomen were on the card, and their absence was very noticeable.

I usually just point out the positives but this show, at least the first half of it, SUCKED. Thankfully the final four matches saved it from being complete shit for me at least. Early on it felt like they knew Dolph and Seth had 30 so they were afraid to let anything have ANY time at all... then of course the show ends way early.

I'm indifferent to the B Team, but the whole feud felt like a complete burial of Woken Matt. He lost to Axel and Bo in singles, clean, for the last 3 weeks straight on Raw and now another 100% clean loss tonight. Bizarre. The whole reign of Matt and Bray was meaningless and they accomplished nothing during it, such a waste. Guessing their will be a 4 way tag for the titles coming up next for Summerslam.

Asuka pinned in 5 minutes. I'm actually liking Carmella a lot with her character work (fantastic on the post show), but just more insane booking when this felt like time for the switch. Similar to Nakamura's WWE title chase, this felt like now or never except it was obvious Nakamura would go after the US next while Asuka has nowhere else to go. At this point, if Asuka isn't winning it then Mella can just hold it all year. Speaking of Nakamura, massive disappointment that was and then a completely unnecessary Orton turn.

Finally, Lashley/Reigns was badass and turned the show around. Shocking straight up decisive finish for Lashley but awesome to see. For once, something to give confidence in Lashley being handled better than most everyone else. So down for Lashley/Brock, I hope they get to throw down and let Lashley go over if Brock's done, no cash in shit.  Alexa/Nia was fun, but more angle than match it seemed. Didn't catch any issue with Alexa's bumping. Finishing stretch was strange with the rail killing Natalya and a kendo stick pretty easily neutralizing Ronda while Mickie bounced back from Ronda's big slam and toss over the table pretty quick. Overall the match was as expected and sets up Alexa/Ronda for SummerSlam nicely.

Styles/Rusev was a blast and ended up being quite the match with a few great nearfalls. Good stuff. Enjoyed the main event though felt their Raw matches were better. Sudden death finish was abrupt.  I wish they brought Hulk out since they bothered to announce on the preshow that he was there. Speaking of the preshow, Almas/Cara was certainly one of the better matches of the show.

On 7/7/2018 at 3:54 PM, L_W_P said:

Roman Reigns - The Diet Pepsi to John Cena’s Coke-Cola since 2014

Vanilla Pepsi is #1 & the best though.

Also I love the idea that the Rollins v Ziggler match is 30 mins not to see who lasts, but to make sure they finish in a reasonable time.

One of our local 7-11s has Cherry Vanilla Pepsi, which is awesome. That's the only place in town I've managed to find it at.

• Like 1