DVDVR Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
The Unholy Dragon

Action Figures, Statues, Collectibles!

Despite being a huge fan of the franchise, I had not bought a new Transformers toy since getting the The Transformers The Movie 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime on clearance after Christmas over a decade ago.

Then this week, well, behold the power of the Matrix of Leadership

43828778_10212105230378264_3906175968623

@Michael Sweetser

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I waited over 30 years for a Rodimus Prime that wasn't shit on toast (Masterpiece Hot Rod came out at a time when I was living on disability, and only the Japanese version came with the trailer) and I'm thrilled to have that on my Lost Light shelf.

Meanwhile, Marvel Legends large-scale have been killing it this year with my favorite also-rans.  So far I've picked up Taskmaster, Songbird and FREAKING PALADIN.

• Like 1

I don't even follow the toy lines, I just happened to find Rodimus at Meijer and the next day the G1 reissue Hot Rod at Walmart. My favorite transformer? Don't mind if I do.

I am bidding on this and will be highly pissed if I don't get it.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 2

I actually have been far more into collecting Funko Pops lately than into collecting Transformers.  But man, I love that they're doing characters based off the IDW comics, which are by far the best TF fiction ever written.  

I do still need to pick up Fortress Maximus and Trypticon to go along with Metroplex and the oversized KO Predaking.  I like big bots and I cannot lie.

2 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I actually have been far more into collecting Funko Pops lately than into collecting Transformers.  But man, I love that they're doing characters based off the IDW comics, which are by far the best TF fiction ever written.  

I do still need to pick up Fortress Maximus and Trypticon to go along with Metroplex and the oversized KO Predaking.  I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Sadly, if it ain't Marvel Legends scale, it doesn't go with the 100 or so figures I have around the house. After bidding fifty bucks on the Stingray figure (what the fuck is wrong with me?), I asked my guy if he'd try and do the Black Terror. I was really hoping to add the Porcupine to my collection of fairly useless villains, but I didn't care for the way his version came out. If I get a decent royalty check or sell something on eBay, I might go back for a 1960s Plantman figure.

2 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I want the reissue of Devastator/The Constructicons, but $74 is a bit steep. I wish I still had my G2 ones even if half were orange and half yellow. Had the G2 camo tank Megatron as well, and it's gone forever too. Plus all my original G1 toys. :(

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I want the reissue of Devastator/The Constructicons, but $74 is a bit steep. I wish I still had my G2 ones even if half were orange and half yellow. Had the G2 camo tank Megatron as well, and it's gone forever too. Plus all my original G1 toys. :(

I almost forgot I have the giant IDW-version Devastator, too.  Another reason to add Fort Max and Trypticon.

• Like 1

Sometimes I feel a bit sad that I was too old to get into the whole Transformers thing when it came around. Then I see some of the prices and am damn glad I missed out, it would be just another thing for me to squander money on... 🙂  As it is, I won the Stingray figure, so I now have the most useless member of the Avengers ever for my collection (granted, he had maybe the coolest costume ever). Underwater, he could hold his own against anyone, Namor, Tiger Shark, didn't matter... Once on land, well, he's a damn fine marine biologist...

5 hours ago, OSJ said:

Sometimes I feel a bit sad that I was too old to get into the whole Transformers thing when it came around. Then I see some of the prices and am damn glad I missed out, it would be just another thing for me to squander money on... 🙂  As it is, I won the Stingray figure, so I now have the most useless member of the Avengers ever for my collection (granted, he had maybe the coolest costume ever). Underwater, he could hold his own against anyone, Namor, Tiger Shark, didn't matter... Once on land, well, he's a damn fine marine biologist...

On the bright side, you'll never spend a minute of your life debating FIRRIB vs FIBRIR

On 10/14/2018 at 8:31 AM, OSJ said:

As it is, I won the Stingray figure, so I now have the most useless member of the Avengers ever for my collection (granted, he had maybe the coolest costume ever). Underwater, he could hold his own against anyone, Namor, Tiger Shark, didn't matter... Once on land, well, he's a damn fine marine biologist...

Spoiler

In the new issue of Avengers, Namor seemingly kills Stingray by beating the holy hell out of him, and having sharks eat him. 

Don't read that unless you want to be spoiled about some current developments regarding Stingray...

After reading OSJ's admiration of Stingray, I thought of current comic book events as well.