DVDVR Message Board

Action Figures, Statues, Collectibles!

so i got my first (and probably only) custom action figure. ordered it from the same guy that @OSJ works with (thanks for the reference!) I'm happy with how he turned out, and now he lives next to my Human Torch fig.

LtVBmkr.jpg

This is Wonder Man. he appeared in only one comic, Wonder Comics #1 from 1939, before disappearing due to a lawsuit from DC comics as being a Superman clone. I've always had a weird fascination with this concept. Here's his lone credit, and if you want to read his story, you can download it (legally, since it's public domain) here.

y226e3C.jpg

• Like 1

The new "Classified Series" GI Joe figs are gorgeous but their hands make it very frustrating to arm them.  And Roadblock comes with a monstrous two-handed railgun and after 40 minutes of fooling with him I still haven't figured out how to make him get both hands on the grips, let alone stand.

On 9/2/2020 at 6:17 PM, twiztor said:

so i got my first (and probably only) custom action figure. ordered it from the same guy that @OSJ works with (thanks for the reference!) I'm happy with how he turned out, and now he lives next to my Human Torch fig.

LtVBmkr.jpg

This is Wonder Man. he appeared in only one comic, Wonder Comics #1 from 1939, before disappearing due to a lawsuit from DC comics as being a Superman clone. I've always had a weird fascination with this concept. Here's his lone credit, and if you want to read his story, you can download it (legally, since it's public domain) here.

y226e3C.jpg

Sweet! And here I thought I was getting the obscure guys what with the Blazing Skull, Bob Phantom, Blackjack, Commando Yank, etc. Oh, and the Thunderer, can't forget the Thunderer. How can you not like a guy whose "power" is a super-microphone, giving him the ability to uh, well... run around and startle the evil-doers by yelling at them... Yeah, not one of Stan Lee's most inspired creations. "Uh, Steve just forget about the kid getting bitten by a radioactive spider, that's just ridiculous... Now this guy with the microphone, I think we're on to something here..."

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The Natural said:

Not seen that colour scheme of Batman from Batman: White Knight before. Need to read the sequel, Curse of the White Knight at some point. Is that where it's taken from?

Its based on a cover where he is colored red.

• Thanks 1