DVDVR Message Board

Action Figures, Statues, Collectibles!

On 6/21/2020 at 6:02 PM, Cliff Hanger said:

Still really excited to get that Abe Jenkins toy

Abe Jenkins? Are we talking Mach-4 (formerly the Beetle)? I have a couple of customs of the Beetle, but Mach-4 would be cool as hell to add to the collection.

2 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Several Godzillas. Then NECA is done for a while.

NECA-Godzilla-2003-Figure-001.jpgNECA-Godzilla-1989-Figure-005.jpg

NECA-Godzilla-1989-Bile-Variant-003.jpgNECA-Godzilla-2003-Kiryu-Blast-Variant-0

I am jealous, I have only one Godzilla and one Mecha-Godzilla, but at least they are the same scale as all my Ultraman stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OSJ said:

Abe Jenkins? Are we talking Mach-4 (formerly the Beetle)? I have a couple of customs of the Beetle, but Mach-4 would be cool as hell to add to the collection.

Yup. I still have the 1997 Beetle but I'm really excited for him to get a MACH toy.  

https://hasbropulse.com/products/marvel-legends-series-gamerverse-marvel-s-mach-i?variant=31438207778918

Edited by Cliff Hanger

Also, while I am mostly taking a year off from Transformers unless they announce a new version someone I really love like Skids or Rhinox, I am all in on the new GI Joes. Those things are gorgeous, just hope they'll do Clutch (the best year 1 Joe) and Low-Light (my all time fave). And a Viper and a Televiper and an Alley-Viper and an Annihilator and...

• 2 weeks later...

New Joes aren't half bad. Got Duke and Scarlett with Snake Eyes and Destro backordered. Only real complaint is that the last 15 years of Hasbro has trained me to be angry if there isn't a sheath for every weapon the toy comes with, and that's a lot harder for Scarlett than it is for Taskmaster.

They did a virtual comicon presentation for TF and Joe today. I'm not interested in a lot of what they showed off today, but Hubcap is my favorite obscure TF and I am super excited for an Earthrise version (modded from Cliffjumper, as was the 80s version) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2020 at 1:16 PM, The Natural said:

I LOVE Batman: The Animated Series and I own two Batman figures from it...

61vnUsK6kUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Batman: DC Collectibles #13. I got this in 2016 and I regret not getting the Joker at the same time.

batman-the-animated-series-batman-artfx-

Batman statue by ArtFX+/Kotobukiya.

Those are accurate in looks and proportions to the classic show unlike the recently released McFarlane Batman: The Animated Series so I'm not buying it:

79467---batman---the-animated-series-mcf

On 5/1/2020 at 1:30 PM, The Natural said:

6f0080d2a19982527b21e2d6680b24dc97d4.jpg

When Batman: The Animated Series became The New Batman Adventures, a lot of characters were redesigned and most of them were a downgrade. I did like Batman's redesign but preferred the original. The McFarlane Toys Batman from The New Batman Adventures is better than the awful one for Batman: The Animated Series.

What I didn't know and found out today? Batman from Justice League, they've done a really good job with:

12435701-9794733368578906.jpg

Batman: The Adventures Continue range! In spoiler tags for size:

Reveal hidden contents

12321155-1754712417190393.jpg

12378870-7924726443500064.jpg

Just read that DC Collectibles is gone as part of the DC layoffs. I pre ordered Batman and The Joker figures in the spoiler tags as part of Batman: The Adventures Continue as soon as I found out about them in May of this year. I'm not sure I'll get them now and I looked forward to getting my hands on them since May. WIll I? Feel for those made redundant. Fuck 2020.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

61vnUsK6kUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I bought Batman from Batman: The Animated Series, DC Collectibles #13 in June of 2016.

s-l640.jpg

At the same time, I put the Joker from Batman: The Animated Series, DC Collectibles #5 back. The shop got Batman in again but never the Joker. When I looked at that Batman figure, I kicked myself not getting both.

Last Thursday I spotted two of the Joker figures from Batman: The Animated Series, DC Collectibles #5 on eBay. I asked my best friend who is more like a brother to me if he'd bid on my behalf on Sunday when the auction close and I'd give him the money. We lost the first auction...but won the second! We got it cheaper than the other went for as well making it sweeter. The figure arrived today. Here's both of them:

117879332_10157647232608862_865243473906

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2