DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SUMMER 2018

Dolfan in NYC

11 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

You could buy a few bottom table SPL clubs for 18m

I claim dibs on Hibs!!! Partick Thistle would also be cool as well. Seriously this is a great idea: crowdfunding the purchase of a low level Scottish club with thousands of fans as owners.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sabremike said:

I claim dibs on Hibs!!! Partick Thistle would also be cool as well. Seriously this is a great idea: crowdfunding the purchase of a low level Scottish club with thousands of fans as owners.

Which club runs out to the Banana Splits theme? ICT? They're my choice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In video games the answer is always to buy and professionalize Queen's Park because technically Hampden's 50K stadium is their official home ground. Also they have like 9 Scottish Cups or something because they were the dominant team in like 1477, so clearly they are just biding their time until a return to the top.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Death From Above said:

In video games the answer is always to buy and professionalize Queen's Park because technically Hampden's 50K stadium is their official home ground. Also they have like 9 Scottish Cups or something because they were the dominant team in like 1477, so clearly they are just biding their time until a return to the top.

Are you thinking of Queen of the South? They were the answer to the pub quiz question "Who are the only club mentioned in the Bible?"

5 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Are you thinking of Queen of the South? They were the answer to the pub quiz question "Who are the only club mentioned in the Bible?"

Queens Park Rangers is right. Amateur club with strict rules to never go professional. It's even in their motto. They play at Hampden Park... I tried a save with them in Football Manager.. quite fun. 

The SPL Club I'd buy is St Mirren. 

• Like 1

I used to try desparately with Queen's Park in Championship Manager 01/02 to get that team to move up the ladder. You would lose so much money each year, unless you made a shock cup run, it was never possible to get to the second level.

Did you know that MLS is run by such incompetent fucking morons that a team was forced to play 6 games in 15 days and effectively rigged it so that Atlanta will win both the east and the supporters shield? Also great that the league insists on playing on international dates, joining the Mongolian Premier League and the Luxembourg Super League as the only leagues on the planet to do so.

Simeone needs to stop innovating with line ups during league play. Atleti previously had Vrsaljko as a back up RB to Juanfran before. Vrsaljko is a quality young RB who had an amazing World Cup. He got frustrated and asked to be transferred out. The club transferred him to Inter and they signed Santiago Arias as his replacement. Arias is also a young quality RB, yet Simeone insists on starting Juanfran over him. Last week Simeone opted to keep Arias as a reserve and not even put him on the bench as a potential sub. A couple of minutes into the game against Rayito, Juanfran gets injured and Simeone has to sub in Thomas, a natural DM as his sub to play as a RB. Thomas is a versatile player and was able to put on a good performance and Atleti were able to barely pull off the 1-0 win.

This week Simeone opts to start JoseMa a natural CB at RB and to play Savić and Godín at CB. A couple of minutes into the game, he notices JoseMa struggling at RB and he has them swap places. Savić gets an yellow card in the first half and in the second half Simeone subs out JoseMa instead of Savić who was already booked and moments later Savić got his second yellow and got sent off leaving Atleti down to 10 men and eventually losing to 2-0.

Also, Simeone signed Lemar, Gelson, Santiago Arias, Rodri, Adán and Kalinić in the summer transfer window and has a stacked bench and instead of starting Lemar and Rodri who have looked great since the Super Cup final, he opts to bench them.

Yeah, as a Devils STH I'm quite pissed off that the motherfuckers who run the NHL put the game vs the Oilers in fucking Europe. I mean, I didn't want to see the best player on the fucking planet live or anything. Fucking bullshit.

8 hours ago, Edwin said:

I used to think my club being named after soda was the worst name possible, but then I see all these awful pretentious Euro style names in MLS and suddenly New York Red Bulls doesn't seem nearly as bad.

• Like 1