DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SUMMER 2018

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

I watch a fair amount of Europa League (which I quite enjoy, it's a wonderful goofy blender of random match ups), and I'd say it would be really interesting to see MLS teams up against "Europa League teams that aren't just teams that got knocked out of Champion's League getting kicked back some more TV money". LA Galaxy vs. Genk, Toronto vs. Rosenborg, let's get crazy.

New York Red Bulls vs Red Bull Salzburg.

• Haha 1

Meanwhile, at Man United...

Fucking hell.

Here's a list of 87 centre backs, go sign one of them and then...fucking hell.

If Mourinho is still manager there at Christmas, colour me surprised.

And, shit, there's still a couple more weeks for him to offload Martial even though Martial is my dude and fuck this whole football thing.

Watched the United vs. Leicester game. So many incomplete passes. Alexis was horrible. Mata was MOTM easily. Neat goal from Shaw and De Gea couldn't keep the clean sheet.

ESPN+ picked up rights to the A-League, Eredivisie and CSL to go along with the rights to Serie A they had picked up earlier this week. Great channel for only $4.99 a month.

If the BWP 100TH goal celebration hadn't happened Tyler Adams faking Shweinsteiger out of his jock strap last night would be the moment of the season. I wanted to strangle Murillo for botching the finish because that would've been a strong goal of the year candidate.

Watch some minutes of the Arsenal/City game and waa quickly reminded why I don't watch the Premier League regularly. Arsenal played like it was an ICC preseason tournament friendly.

Money spent by newly promoted clubs.

Bundesliga (Fortuna Drüsseldorf and Nürnberg): 6,350,000 €
LaLiga (Huesca, Valladolid and Rayo): 10,600,000 €
Serie A (Empoli, Frosinone and Parma): 25,600,000 €
Premier League (Fullham, Cardiff and Wolves): 214,900,000 €

214,900,000 € spent by Premier League clubs and I don't think they can crack a top 10 spot in the league table.

53 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Don't think they're going to make up for the 200 million difference combined tho. Unless the above is a joke and then well played. 

This, pretty much.

You can combine those 8 clubs together and extend it to 3 months and they still wouldn't be able to combine to that much.