DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 132: Cowboy vs. Edwards (6/23/2018) - Kallang, Singapore (Singapore Indoor Stadium)

Elsalvajeloco

UFC_Fight_Night_Singapore_Cowboy_vs._Edw

UFC Fight Night 132: Cowboy vs. Edwards 
June 23, 2018
Kallang, Singapore (Singapore Indoor Stadium)

Donald Cerrone (171) vs. Leon Edwards (170) - Edwards, DEC (unanimous)
Ovince St. Preux (206) vs. Tyson Pedro (205) - St. Preux, SUB (armbar), R1 (2:54)
Jessica-Rose Clark (126) vs. Jessica Eye (126) - Eye, DEC (unanimous)
Jingliang Li (170) vs. Daichi Abe (170.5) - Li, DEC (unanimous)

Fight Pass Preliminary Card:
Teruto Ishihara (136) vs. Petr Yan (136) - Yan, TKO (punches), R1 (3:28)
Felipe Arantes (136) vs. Song Yadong (135) - Yadong, KO (elbow and punches), R2 (4:59)
Rolando Dy (146) vs. Shane Young (146) - Young, TKO (strikes), R2 (4:40)
Song Kenan (170.5) vs. Hector Aldana (169) - Kenan, TKO (punches), R2 (4:45)
Shinsho Anzai (171) vs. Jake Matthews (171) - Matthews, SUB (rear naked choke), R1 (2:44)
Xiaonan Yan (116) vs. Viviane Pereira (115.5) - Yan, DEC (unanimous)
Matt Schnell (126) vs. Naoki Inoue (124) - Schnell, DEC (split)
Jenel Lausa (126) vs. Yuta Sasaki (126) - Sasaki, SUB (rear naked choke), R2 (4:04)
Ji Yeon Kim (125.5) vs. Melinda Fabian (124) - Kim, DEC (split)

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Song Yadong 
Performance of the Night: Ovince St. Preux
Fight of the Night: Rolando Dy vs. Shane Young

Attendance: 6,419

Cancelled Fights:
Ashkan Mokhtarian vs. Jenel Lausa - Injury to Mokhtarian
Nadia Kassem vs. Xaionan Yan - Injury to Kassem

I'm very to see what Petr Yan because when he is on, he can be incredibly entertaining and sublime as a fighter. He's also fighting a guy who because of his style, the UFC was extremely high on in Ishihara. Outside of hitting folks with one hitter quitters, Ishihara doesn't have a ton of different dimensions. Petr Yan is so goddamn versatile along with being able to fight just as well as a southpaw as he does orthodox. Duquesnoy has had mixed results I think mostly because they've put him against guys who just won't fall down at the first sign of trouble. Plus, he isn't really cagey enough to just annihilate rugged veterans. I think if Petr Yan can get past a certain level, he can be some great new blood at bantamweight. Against Ishihara, I don't think he should have any trouble unless he gets caught randomly.

Know anything about Naoki Inoue? 21yo and 11-0 caught my attention.

Heavy Hands guys were gushing over Petr Yan too. I'll pay close attention to his fight. Guy is lookin' REAL jacked.

8 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Know anything about Naoki Inoue? 21yo and 11-0 caught my attention.

Heavy Hands guys were gushing over Petr Yan too. I'll pay close attention to his fight. Guy is lookin' REAL jacked.

Apparently he is the younger brother of Invicta's MIZUKI. I haven't watched DEEP recently outside of one or two fights here or there, but I recall in the Carls John de Tomas fight on the last Singapore show, he thoroughly dominated on the ground. Schnell ain't a world beater, but I think he will provide a much better test especially seeing as Inoue hasn't fought in a year obviously.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:13 PM, Elsalvajeloco said:

Damn.  Cerrone wasn't a bad looking guy when he kept himself groomed up.  Now a mere four years later, he is the epitome of grizzled veteran.

Edwards just simply outworked Cerrone. Cerrone had his moments but they were just too few and far between. Add in the fact that Edwards never let it turn into an outright brawl that Cerrone wanted.

Leon Edwards called out Masvidal. That would be a fun and perfectly feasible fight to make.

Song Yadong was the young Chinese fighter who looked amazing in his UFC debut, right? That elbow yesterday was fantastic. Kid is only 20 and is 2 for 2 in great performances.