DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Get These Hands Full Of Tights - 6/18/2018

Dolfan in NYC

I think my favourite part of the night was Coach saying "Since that announcement a bunch of guys backstage are scurrying about trying to get into that match..." and Graves said "How?! They just announced the match! Now I know you're lying!" Then after the match they do a backstage segment of guys trying to get into the match and Coach says "As I was saying..." and repeats the same lines he said earlier.  Awful.  Awful stuff.  

The Bayley-Banks brawl was so dumb in that the announcers had to act like they hadn't just done this exact brawl a couple months ago while the crowd cheered because they're so sick of this glacially-paced storyline that started in January! It's been going for five months now!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Craig H said:

With regards to dropping the IC title to Dolph, WWE always does this shit and I'll never understand it. They do a lengthy IC/US title run with someone (Cena, Roman, Miz, Rollins, and one other...) and the end game should be someone coming up taking the title to elevate them, but they never do it. I'm not the biggest fan of Elias, but damn, he should have won the title at MitB and not just because Dolph sucks (he's been better lately). There was story to go with why Elias should have won and it would help elevate him further. What good is it to give Dolph ANOTHER shitty title run?

The only way I'll be happy with this turn of events is if Drew Mac Claymores the fuck out of Dolph to setup a Drew Mac title run.

I want Drew to take it just so the guy who made a career of being nWo Shawn Michaels fulfills his destiny of being this generation’s Marty Jannetty.

Failig that, it’s obvious that no other WWE PPV will break the three-way tie between Elimination Chamber, Backlash, and MitB for show of the year.

11 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

I'm not the only one that was laughing at how Kurt sold those glancing briefcase shots to his hand, right? 

I got a good laugh from that. He was all "what the fuck did I do?". Also you know part of him wanted to duck one and do a German Suplex or Angle Slam on her.  I almost got some Stone Cold vibes from Ronda. It's been a while since I've seen a crowd come alive like that. I remember reading something about them wanting to book Ronda as like the female Steve Austin, so that worked pretty well.

Honestly I don't know why they have a GM on RAW. Stephanie does what ever and the GM is just there to be emasculated by her. Corbin is such a dick though, so when Kurt finally snaps and breaks his ankle it's going to be amazing.

52 minutes ago, Craig H said:

The only way I'll be happy with this turn of events is if Drew Mac Claymores the fuck out of Dolph to setup a Drew Mac title run.

I'm pretty sure this is the end game and will probably be done by SummerSlam.

I think if the rumors are true that after Mania they planned a Tag Team MITB which is why they called up Sanity and AoP and then changed their mind, it's likely they also put Drew/Dolph together for the tag team MITB and once those plans fell through they needed a way to get a belt on Drew and break up the group. So this allows Rollins and Elias to move up the card and allows for Drew to kick Dolph's head into the 5th row at SummerSlam. I find this to be a tentative win-win

13 hours ago, Player One said:

Is Sami really hurt?

Per PWI

For those of you who weren't happy with how Sami Zayn was presented in his Money in the Bank match against Bobby Lashley over the weekend, there was a reason Zayn was wiped out in such a one-sided fashion.

PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources that Zayn had been working through an injury and that the PPV was his last date with the company before he took time off to address it. 

Zayn, 33, was not backstage at last night's Raw and we have been told that he is scheduled to travel to Birmingham, Alabama this week to be examined and to have an injury (which we have not been able to confirm the nature of) deal with.

The problem I have with Dolph winning the IC title is that less than a year ago he won the US title, then relinquished it the next night because it was beneath him and he's better than the secondary title. Then he comes back with little to no fanfare at the Rumble and coasts along being exactly the same as he ever was like that US title thing never happened. And now suddenly he's OK with winning the IC title. 

It should've been Drew

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Gonzo said:

The best part of that was after Sasha knocked Bayley down, she finished the attack by hitting the RED SOLO CUP OF DEATH!

Kind of sums up how the two of them have been booked for the last year or so.

"Red Solo cup/

I'll fuck you up/

I'M A HUGGER!!!  I'M A HUUUUUUGGER!!!!!!"

• Haha 4

I'm not really able to care that Seth Rollins lost the belt to blond Seth Rollins.

There are so many empty spots on that show for me right now.  As soon as I hear:

1) Dolph's music

2) Rollins music

3) Roman's music

4) Lashley's music

I'm out and on FF and I know it's not because a bad matches necessarily coming. It's because I don't give a damn about their characters and have nor reason to either like them or dislike them.

When I watch RAW it's like the hulu version with those segments cut out. I have no idea they are even there anymore.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

The problem I have with Dolph winning the IC title is that less than a year ago he won the US title, then relinquished it the next night because it was beneath him and he's better than the secondary title. Then he comes back with little to no fanfare at the Rumble and coasts along being exactly the same as he ever was like that US title thing never happened. And now suddenly he's OK with winning the IC title. 

It should've been Drew

To be fair, the IC title is the number one title on RAW since the other one has only been defended 10 times in more than a year.  It's not like there is a AJ Styles standing there week in and week out so being IC champion has a lot more cache than the US title.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:45 PM, FluffSnackwell said:

The speech pattern of the bald Revivalist makes him sound like Jeff Hardy (if each of the Charismatic Enigma's rehab stints consisted of him receiving copious amounts of electroshock therapy.)

The Revival are nondescript as promos, but Lashley was rough during that segment. If not for Reigns' snark game being in top form, it would have gone over like a lead balloon.