DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Get These Hands Full Of Tights - 6/18/2018

Dolfan in NYC

29 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

The best part of that was after Sasha knocked Bayley down, she finished the attack by hitting the RED SOLO CUP OF DEATH!

Kind of sums up how the two of them have been booked for the last year or so.

Along with the symbolism of Bayley lying next to a WASTE MANAGEMENT sign.

Loved the Ronda/Alexa segment, particularly how the crowd went from cheering Alexa to gratefully marking out for Ronda beating the crap out of her. Kurt and the referees being beat down really added to the moment too.

Seeing Corbin in his server's outfit definitely took me back to my days at a semi-high class restaurant, especially after the shirt tail came untucked. Then all I could think of was the overtipped young lushes that snorted dope in the restroom right inside the kitchen corridor that I worked with.

Come to think of it, most of them had Corbin's character's personality too

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Seeing Corbin in his server's outfit definitely took me back to my days at a semi-high class restaurant, especially after the shirt tail came untucked. Then all I could think of was the overtipped young lushes that snorted dope in the restroom right inside the kitchen corridor that I worked with.

Come to think of it, most of them had Corbin's character's personality too

For some reason, I'm picturing this scene in my head. Maybe I'm wrong.

Nah, not unless you counted our sneeze-guardless brunch buffet, which might as well have had all of those things done to it by Sunday afternoon. Those assholes were too concerned with making bank and trying to fuck the hostess while their student loan money went to their coke dealers. 

• Haha 2

Rollins better be challenging Brock for the title if he’s going to drop the IC title to fucking Dolph Ziggler. I never skip a Rollins match, but as soon as that record scratch hit, it was fast forward time.

To whoever asked about Ambrose - I read that he just started training again at the Performance Center this week, so he’s probably not too far away from returning. But that might be bullshit, no sources were attributed to that story, so who really knows.

The only other parts of RAW I paid attention to were: Ronda/Alexa ( sign me the fuck up for that match, it’ll be fun). Also, this is one of the rare times where someone getting “suspended” didn’t seem super forced, since she wrecked Angle with that judo throw and totally demolished Alexa. That was a really awesome segment.

And the other part of RAW I watched was the Riott Squad segment. Because everyone in that group is awesome - and Liv wore the Banned Jordan 1s (I’m pretty sure it was the Banned variation anyway), which I wore today too. Liv Morgan is my spirit animal and deserves a title run because she’s awesome.

• Like 2

RAW doesn't come on until 9pm for me, and I fell asleep. So I have just watched the Ronda/Alexa opener on my DVR. Terrific segment. I love how Alexa comes out to cheers and "You deserve it" chants, and within moments she has them booing her. The arrogance and insults earn her a well-deserved beatdown from Ronda. 

As someone else said, it's a clever way to get Ronda off TV for a few weeks. We don't need to see her and Alexa together on TV every week from now until Summerslam. This way keeps it fresh and also allows for some other stuff in the meantime. 

• Like 1

Just watched the Rousey/Bliss segment. Great stuff with Bliss poking the bear till the bear had enough laying waste to Bliss, chucking Angle and referees.

Shocked Dolph Ziggler is the new Intercontinental Champion. Years ago I'd have liked it or wanted him pushed in the main event bracket. Now it's an ugh/meh reaction.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Just watched the Rousey/Bliss segment. Great stuff with Bliss poking the bear till the bear had enough laying waste to Bliss, chucking Angle and referees.

It was nice to see Ronda come out without that goofy fangirl grin of hers. :lol:

• Like 4

One thing that really jarred with me is Alexa Bliss saying that her interrupting Rousey vs Jax and assaulting them both with the briefcase was 100% legal. 

I get she was highlighting the difference between MMA and WWE, but it was hardly '100% legal' and it would probably have made more sense to say that Stephanie had her back or something.

Unless the briefcase also makes you untouchable like post-Invasion Test.

8 hours ago, elizium said:

He needs the skullet back, he looked so much better with it. Wrestling needs janky haircuts.

No.  Every time I saw Baron with nothing on the top and party in the back I was like just go ahead and cut all of that shit off, man.

In the battle between two dudes I don't really like, I was unfazed by Dolph getting the title.  I do agree that Drew not getting the belt was bullshit.

I liked the Alexa/Ronda/Kurt segment but I'm so ready to retire the "You deserve it" chant.

I couldn't muster much excitement for Bayley/Sasha because this is like the 20th time they've had issues lol 

If I'm Matt Hardy, I'm feeling a little insecure about my job security.  Curtis Axel did a spot-on impression.  Apparently, the gimmick only requires bad hair and the reading your lines like you might be autistic.

Yeah, there are still an awful lot of guys in the WWE with bad hair: Matt Hardy, Bray, Braun, Becky (no one is more attractive with troll doll hair), Dolph, Nakamura.

I think we can agree Bray is the worst.  His hair isn't good either. 

I think you folks are only complaining because its Ziggler who got the belt. When you think how Rollins overextended himself as FIGHTING CHAMP so much that he had to use the tights to beat Elias on Sunday, it makes perfect sense that whoever was his next challenger was going to win

27 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

I think you folks are only complaining because its Ziggler who got the belt. When you think how Rollins overextended himself as FIGHTING CHAMP so much that he had to use the tights to beat Elias on Sunday, it makes perfect sense that whoever was his next challenger was going to win

Yes.  I agree.

Fuck Dolph Ziggler. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Casey said:

To whoever asked about Ambrose - I read that he just started training again at the Performance Center this week, so he’s probably not too far away from returning. But that might be bullshit, no sources were attributed to that story, so who really knows.

That was me. Thanks.

• Like 1

With regards to dropping the IC title to Dolph, WWE always does this shit and I'll never understand it. They do a lengthy IC/US title run with someone (Cena, Roman, Miz, Rollins, and one other...) and the end game should be someone coming up taking the title to elevate them, but they never do it. I'm not the biggest fan of Elias, but damn, he should have won the title at MitB and not just because Dolph sucks (he's been better lately). There was story to go with why Elias should have won and it would help elevate him further. What good is it to give Dolph ANOTHER shitty title run?

The only way I'll be happy with this turn of events is if Drew Mac Claymores the fuck out of Dolph to setup a Drew Mac title run.