DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Get These Hands Full Of Tights - 6/18/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Ray tweeted that, and nah, I'm not beating that.  (Follow us on Twitter!   We're funny!  Sort of.  twitter.com/D_V_D_V_R )

So, I don't know about any of you guys, but Kurt's "Confused Dad Chaperoning The Field Trip" act is wearing super thin.  Although, Hall Monitor Corbin's new ring gear is a 7000% upgrade from the Suburban Biker thing he was in before. 

Also, it's super cool that they buried the lede saying Brock isn't defending until August. 

• Like 3

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to Raw Is Get These Hands Full Of Tights - 6/18/2018

I actually watched THE WHOLE THING! YES, THE WHOLE THING! And... I got nothing. Ronda did a THUNDAH FIYAH~! and Wyatt laughed at his brother's impersonation of him; otherwise that's it. Nothing else moved the needle in any direction.

EDIT: Oh, and Elias' song was good. And to quote myself

Coachman just now: "You should be smarter than what your ego allows you to be"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

6 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Aaron Judge vs Braun for WM.

WM is in MetLife Stadium next year. WWE should start sucking up to the Yankees to get some apperances leading up to and at Mania. If the Yankees win the World Series, you can have the World Champion New York Yankees in a Wrestlemania moment.

• Like 1

The stuff with Alexa and Ronda was nice.

Seth losing the belt to Dolph was bs. It should have been Drew who won the title.

I like the idea of Lashley vs. Reigns. Both showed just a bit of cocky prick for a couple of moments and it was nice. I am sad to see Revival sacrificed to them. They deserve better.

Sasha and Bayley hopefully had their final break down and we can just get them trying to murder each other for the next six months to a year before the NXT Horsewomen come together to battle the MMA Horsewomen.

I didn't realize how much Bo sounded like his brother until seeing him imitate Bray. That was a fun segment. Regardless of who wins between B-team and Matt/Bray I really need AoP to come in and murder them.

Constable Corbin continues to be fun. It was nice seeing him get a big victory and not look like a hump against Braun.

Awesome opening segment with Kurt/Alexa/Ronda. Ronda came off super badass there and the crowd was hot for it, great stuff. Solid way to write Ronda off for a month with a reason for her disappearing.

Couldn't believe Dolph actually won the IC. Very fun match. I still like Dolph but wanted Seth to get a super long run with his fighting champ act. Crazy. Also, Seth didn't do the Superplex portion but finally did the second part with the suplex over the ropes suplex deal.... now if he'll just combine the two, the Ode to Davey will be complete.

Most of the rest was a lot of nothing for awhile but the first hour ruled and Corbin getting a win for once was great as well, love the Constable. I wish they really would go with Lashley against Brock.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Baron Corbin needs to go full cueball. He looks like an even bigger dork with the stubble. 

He needs the skullet back, he looked so much better with it. Wrestling needs janky haircuts.

• Like 5

Corporate Ka...er...Constable Corbin is fun for sure.

I enjoyed the Rousey beatdown tbh.

B-Team was the best part of the show. Weird how they keep Bo and Bray away from each other for so long and then just dive in with that.

Did Sasha forget to roll up the window in that car? Looked kinda silly.

And did Coach seem like he was both trying harder and not catching as much shit from Graves? Alvarez must have struck a nerve.

22 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Braun's bad haircut and Bray's dreadlocks are still there. Sadly, Ellsworth is back, so there's another. There's still plenty of bad hairstyles to go around WWE.

I think those are all pretty stylish. So much so that they all make me a bit jealous. But I’m the kind of guy whose hair line has led me to consider asking my barber for the Lunatic Fringe.

• Like 1

"So what am I doin' tonight Road Dog?"

"Well, you're playing a song."

"Yeah and then what? Who am I working with."

"No one. Your playing a song."

"But if I'm not working anyone than who interrupts the song?"

"Nobody. You're just playing a song."

"a whole song?"

"Yep."

"May I ask to what end?"

"Musical and lyrical edification?"

"You overslept and forgot to book this segment didn't you."

"Bro I was spent...."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Bayley deserved that beating from Sasha. What kinda role model is that.

#Bayleyshotfirst

The best part of that was after Sasha knocked Bayley down, she finished the attack by hitting the RED SOLO CUP OF DEATH!

Kind of sums up how the two of them have been booked for the last year or so.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2