DVDVR Message Board

WWE2K19.

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

I don't know why I get my hopes up for this game every year. Nothing changes. It's the same mind boggling bullshit each year. And yeah, no Nikki Cross either? So the NXT women's division is Sane, Shayna, and Bianca? Bianca being in over Dakota Kai, Lacey Evans, or even Candice is just weird. I can't wait to see how badly they fuck up the physics with Bianca's braid too. You know that thing is going to be flipping, flopping, and spinning all over that place.

I can see Bianca over Kai and Candice since she has been around longer. Evans though just feels weird. I assume this is some DLC bs and see them in whatever NXT DLC they out out. Or maybe they do one focused on women.

Just now, odessasteps said:

One of the good things about RDR coming out is that i wont be tempted to buy this game until next year at the earliest, when hopefully the expected bugs are fixed and a lot of the extra content will be already out. 

And this here is the best post in this whole thread. This is so right. RDR2 is what is really going to cure my temptation from playing just about anything else.

• Like 1

If my friend didn't buy this game at launch every year (we do the game share deal), I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole until it was heavily discounted. They really learned their lesson last year about releasing actual game footage. It was a disaster so this year they have only shown cutscenes. 

Fuck that. 

20 hours ago, Craig H said:

I don't know why I get my hopes up for this game every year. Nothing changes. It's the same mind boggling bullshit each year. And yeah, no Nikki Cross either? So the NXT women's division is Sane, Shayna, and Bianca? Bianca being in over Dakota Kai, Lacey Evans, or even Candice is just weird. I can't wait to see how badly they fuck up the physics with Bianca's braid too. You know that thing is going to be flipping, flopping, and spinning all over that place.

I'll be honest, I kind of want to see how badly they fuck up the physics for Bianca's braid.  But to not have Nikki in when she was in last year is pretty damn mind-boggling.

This is the first year I'm considering not getting the game.  It was fine in past years considering it was the only wrestling game around, but with Fire Pro I just don't feel the need to get it.  Between Fighting Road and just fucking around with edits it seems rather future-proof to me.  I'll have to see what changes they make but if I don't get it this year it won't break my heart.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Oyaji said:

If my friend didn't buy this game at launch every year (we do the game share deal), I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole until it was heavily discounted. They really learned their lesson last year about releasing actual game footage. It was a disaster so this year they have only shown cutscenes. 

Fuck that. 

Wow, yeah, I didn't even realize that this thing comes out in less than a month and they've hardly shown much of anything.

Even on the Operation Sports forum they're puzzled by the lack of information or videos. The 2K community manager was pretty active in the forum last year, there were plenty of videos to check out, people were invited to play early versions, etc.

This year there's nothing. Even with NBA 2K there's a steady drip of information each year. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he suggested he not be in the game to further his heel character. He didn't release that amazing skull T-Shirt of his, either, because he doesn't want to give fans anything to support him with. He'd be passing up a LOT of money doing that, though, so who knows.

1 minute ago, MonteCarl said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he suggested he not be in the game to further his heel character. He didn't release that amazing skull T-Shirt of his, either, because he doesn't want to give fans anything to support him with. He'd be passing up a LOT of money doing that, though, so who knows.

Yeah, that isn't up to him. My guess is that the devs were like, "HOW DO WE PUT IN A WRESTLER WITHOUT THEME MUSIC!?!? I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DOOOOOO!" and then they just didn't put him in the game because he didn't have theme music.

That is a really, really dumb excuse, but given the history of this series, it's probably true.

• Like 1