DVDVR Message Board

WWE2K19.

Bought this when it was cheap in Feb but only really starting to dig in. I suck hard, can't beat Miz in showcase or Dusty in the only non-Hard tower it'll give me outside of myplayer. But I hate the flow less than I did 2k16 and I marked the fuck out when I unlocked the Ribera Steakhouse jacket so I'm pretty happy.

I started Universe, eliminated Smackdown and Raw and expanded NXT and 205 Live, so now I'm basically just playing EWR but on PS4.  After my next PPV I kind of want to make a legends-only show to be extra wanky.

Also: Big Head Mode with modern graphics is terrifying.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2019 at 11:31 PM, Cliff Hanger said:

I started Universe, eliminated Smackdown and Raw and expanded NXT and 205 Live, so now I'm basically just playing EWR but on PS4.  After my next PPV I kind of want to make a legends-only show to be extra wanky.

Also: Big Head Mode with modern graphics is terrifying.

I had a legends only brand in mine at the start, but it was just too tempting to run dream matches with the modern roster, so I just integrated them with everyone else. I don't go out of my way to use them when I book manually, but the AI does it's job pretty well. Besides, if you don't wanna see Sycho Sid vs a reanimated Big Boss Man for the Hardcore title, fuck you anyway. Right now my universe is:

Nitro - Focused on heavyweights and gimmick matches

Thunder - Focused on cruisers/NXT/NJPW/AEW talent

Both rosters work Worldwide and Saturday Night as minor shows.

Women are spread across both brands, with the US women's title on Nitro, the women's World on Thunder, and the tags split between both.

Still gotta try out the big head (always gonna be DK mode to me) cel chading, and 8 bit filters. Figured I'd wait til I get bored with everything else.

I was also an avid EWR player so I'm with you there-- this is the most fun I've had in a while.

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath

• 2 months later...

Ok there is definitely something I am not doing right -

in universe mode if I let the CPU auto-book shows I end up with things such as a PPV opening match being a Brock vs. Reigns singles rivalry match while the main event will be something like Peyton Royce vs. Dana Brooke, in a non-rivalry match.

Anyone have any advice on how to set universe mode so the CPU will book show lineups that make sense from opener featuring lower card talents through mid card matches through main events featuring main eventers?

Thanks in advance for any advice/assistance!

On 7/18/2019 at 9:39 AM, Tromatagon said:

The last bit of news was that they had a second creative team internally trying to make a new game from the ground up and push the incumbent team to do better on their game.

They’ll try at first, but the developers will become inpatient. They need something to fix it. Something that could really shake it up. Maybe something that could be considered wild.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

On 7/17/2019 at 9:07 PM, ctapley said:

in universe mode if I let the CPU auto-book shows I end up with things such as a PPV opening match being a Brock vs. Reigns singles rivalry match while the main event will be something like Peyton Royce vs. Dana Brooke, in a non-rivalry match.

Anyone have any advice on how to set universe mode so the CPU will book show lineups that make sense from opener featuring lower card talents through mid card matches through main events featuring main eventers?

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of a "Make some fucking sense" option that you can turn on. But at least you can always change what the CPU proposes.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, damnnearfonzie said:

Uh, Anyone hear anything on 2k20 yet?
Isn't it usually by now that they have at least some info up about it?

I was actually coming in here to post the same question. It makes me wonder if they're going to take some time off/release it early next year? The normal release schedule would be roughly 4 months from now and it seems odd that there's NOTHING this close to when it'd normally come out.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 9:07 PM, ctapley said:

Ok there is definitely something I am not doing right -

Thanks in advance for any advice/assistance!

I use Universe Mode for my sim league.  As it turns out I absolutely HAVE TO change what the game proposes I do for match making.  There doesn’t seem to be any logic applied to what it proposes.  

Which is fine, for the most part.  But I suspect the more I manipulate the less likely cut scenes will take place or any creative twists (like say an injury being clearly sold on screen).

I wonder too if It doesn’t reduce the potential for things like more frequent camera cuts or tag team break ups.  Which really sucks since I’m trying to make the league resemble a live broadcast as much as possible.  So I compensate by selling it mostly through my own commentary.

I’ve also not really seen much contrast the simulation vs. arcade settings.  But lowering reversals in the options menu and raising reversals in the characters attributes did wonders.  

I guess what im saying is experiment.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2019 at 9:40 PM, tbarrie said:

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of a "Make some fucking sense" option that you can turn on. But at least you can always change what the CPU proposes.

Yeah that is what I have been doing for weeks now... with shows basically every day (my Universe is Raw, Smackdown, NXT, AEW, ROH/Impact, NJPW on Mon-Sat with PPV Sun) just spend a ton of time modifying every single show from default...