DVDVR Message Board

WWE2K19.

I love the DLC and especially Ricochet.  Not only do they capture his main moves but even the littlest mannerisms when doing counters.  It's pretty amazing how much they're able to pack into his moveset that makes it hard to replicate for anybody else not named Prince Puma.  It also blows my mind seeing Lio in the game considering how long I've seen him at local shows before blowing up.  I stopped playing this due to other games but it was nice firing it up for a little while.

• Like 1

I ran through the tower as Ricochet. It may just be I haven't dived too deep into how the move sets play out, but it felt like his move set changed and evolved a bit throughout. It was a fun play-through.

• Like 1

Watching that Riccochet moveset makes me realize that Riccochet is basically every CAW I've made of myself since Smackdown 2. I've always created "myself" but as a masked high flyer/submission based wrestler named El Fuego del Monte (yeah, yeah....) and I've always given myself these same sorts of moves. Fun times. 

I haven't gotten a WWE game in about 3 years, but I am leaning towards eventually picking this one up as soon as the price drops for the Gold version where I can get all the downloads as a part of the game. Don't have much time for gaming anymore, but picking up a WWE game for a quick 2 or 3 matches when I have 20 minutes to spare has always been fun.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, No Point Stance said:

In tag bouts, does the NPC partner actually show an interest in making saves from submissions? Drove me insane last year that they'd try to break up pins but seemed oblivious to submissions even when you were absolutely ruined.

They seem to expect you to tough it out.

It's a bit clunky, but you could switch whom you're controlling, make the save yourself, then switch back.

13 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Is this game buggy? 

Not unbearably so IMO.

Hey what the heck, I'm not a gamer, but I saw there's a Universe Mode on WWE 2K19 that allows me to run my own organization and I saw some dude on YouTube running a New Japan Universe Mode. I need to snag this so I can run my own mode with Lorcan and Bryan as a tag team or faction. 

Yes, I am entirely clueless when it comes to gaming.

14 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

@Edwin you can make a W*ING monster universe.  You're welcome.

? is there anyway to search for specific wrestlers?

I got the New Japan ring and IWGP titles today.

Yes, if you're accessing the site from your web browser. Just click on item and search is one of the options (though just looking through Most Subscribed is also interesting). Then subscribe to anyone you want. Next time you load the fame, they'll be in your retired group, so you'll have to move them to other promotions yourself.

I think you can also do it from within the game, but I've never tried to.

AxB is telling you how to do it in firepro not WWE2k19.  You search by keyword, and there's a place where it says "my keywords" where you can type whatever you want and find specific dudes.

For actual wrestler versions of the W*ING monsters you might have to just use generic horror movie versions people uploaded.  There's tons of Jasons, but probably not tons of Jason the Terribles, if you get me.

Gotcha. I was confused by the web browser end. I was hoping they would have a web version where I can get things from a web companion like FIFA 19.

I'm enjoying Universe Mode. I got a heel vegan stable composed of Daniel Bryan, Drew Gulak, Oney Lorcan, Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly called Meat Is Murder.

19 hours ago, Edwin said:

Gotcha. I was confused by the web browser end. I was hoping they would have a web version where I can get things from a web companion like FIFA 19.

I'm enjoying Universe Mode. I got a heel vegan stable composed of Daniel Bryan, Drew Gulak, Oney Lorcan, Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly called Meat Is Murder.

You could always try caws.ws as they have a lot of good stuff.  And I find it easier to search in the game by the creator than keywords that may or may not give me what I want.

On 2/7/2019 at 12:52 PM, Edwin said:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 5:52 PM, Edwin said:

I would have gone with Straight Veg Society.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Craig H said:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

?

That's why MIM turn on him and he turns face and wins the title from Bryan.

• 1 month later...