DVDVR Message Board

WWE2K19.

2 hours ago, Casey said:

I started a Universe mode - simmed to Survivor Series, got all the rosters and alignments synced to current day WWE, edited the card to reflect the actual card on Sunday... and had a banger of an opening match between AoP/The Bar. 5 stars, lasted at least 20 or 25 minutes. Started Nakamura/Rollins and then my power went out. I’ve been playing for like 6 hours at this point, so it’s probsbly time to get some sleep anyway.

I did the same, managed to tap Brock with Bryan (could you imagine?!) and went with Braun/Finn/Drew/Dolph vs Miz/Joe/Rey/Jeff. The match started with Braun vs Miz so I immediately tagged Rey in. 

Neighbor's son was playing WWE19 last night while I was over for a visit.  Lol, while I was watching the kid play, he powerbombed his opponent off the top of cell (during a hell in the cell match) and put him through the announcer's table.

Got a good laugh out of the announcers standing up and taking a step back, but otherwise continuing to call the match as if nothing had happened.  They completely no-sold the table destruction and the near death of a dude at their feet.  No idea if that was a glitch or what.

Lol, it's probably the most realistic commentary ever in a WWE game.

26 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I feel that way about NBA 2K. I knew this was going to happen but I got gift cards for Christmas and have no self-restraint. 

Ugh. I've played one game of NBA2K since I bought it the first week of the NBA season since it was half off.

I was looking at getting this since I figure I can always come back to Fire Pro.

The good thing about the WWE 2K series is that it always releases close to Black Friday, and it never fails that Xbox has a sale where you can get it for way cheaper than it should be a month after its release date. I think when I got it, it was 50% off on the Xbox Live store.

I'm still toying around with Universe. I'm only using the women, with R-Truth being the sole male on the roster, as a manager for Carmella. I like the division option, since I don't want Dana Brooke or Alicia Fox gunning for the top title, but I also don't like how you can't have the same worker on more than one list (IE Ember Moon can't be in the rankings for the IC title and the US title, or the IC title and the tag titles). That makes the divisions a little more thinned out, but I guess that's not a terribly bad thing. At this point, I'm using the IC as the #2 and the US as the #3 (mid and lower card workers, respectively). Velocity is my B-show, where the longer matches happen (since I have it set to have 4 matches, and the main Evolution show to have 6 so I do the momentum accordingly).

My only other complaint(s) about Universe so far:

• the Royal Rumble show didn't have a women's Rumble match added - I had to do it manually. So I'm wondering if Charlotte is going to get that automatic winner's rivalry with whoever the champion ends up being come WrestleMania.
  • I set all my titles to vacant at the start, and simmed my way to the Royal Rumble. Only one champion had been crowned (Mickie James as the US champion). Which kind of annoys me, since that was MONTHS of in-game time and only one title had a champion by January. So I went in and manually added champions to each title. Is that how it's going to be for future Universe modes, or is there a way to get the AI to eventually have title matches when it's vacant (other than editing a match and making it a title match)?

Oh, and not related to anything Universe mode, but - man, fuck having download limits. I hated it when they introduced it whatever year that was, and I still hate it. Having 20 slots open every 24 hours is annoying as fuck. But good lord did I find some really good Rhea Ripley, Xia Brookside, Io Shiari and other Mae Young Classic CAWs tonight. I found a really sweet Aja Kong and Bull Nakano, too.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/21/2018 at 4:30 PM, CSC said:

If you were debating getting this, now is the time to jump.

Regular edition is $29.99 & Deluxe edition is $44.99.

I'm now mad at myself for getting this a few weeks ago. 

I bought the Deluxe edition last week on a whim. It's probably the first game in this series I've played since maybe 2k15 (maybe earlier?). 

It's both fun and plagued with issues this series has had for a long time. I'm also not a huge fan of the submission system in this (the thumbstick one i just can't get down). Towers mode is a unique take and is a fun challenge, but I also am not a huge fan of some of the weird stips it throws into it. The Big Head mode that popped up in a tower match is one of those things that just looks terrible in today's higher quality graphics world.

Question, are there any fun in-game unlockables that would make grinding it out without using VC worth it (there aren't any great guides about what can unlock on its own outside of some stuff within the 2kShowcase), or should I just use the Accelerator since I have it?

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, tbarrie said:

I picked this up on Boxing Day, and I like it so far. I have to ask, though: does anybody know why they included the ability to dress Sasha Banks up as Maryse?

Yes -- MyCareer mode spoilers ahead:

Spoiler

There's a part where your character feuds with The Miz so you and Sasha team up and dress like he and Maryse for a promo. 

21 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Yes -- MyCareer mode spoilers ahead:

Reveal hidden contents

There's a part where your character feuds with The Miz so you and Sasha team up and dress like he and Maryse for a promo. 

Huh. I wasn't actually expecting there to be a rational explanation. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...