DVDVR Message Board

WWE2K19.

The My Universe I started isn't the one I'll stick with. I want more CC wrestlers to show up for the PS4 before I start booking stuff with any kind of regularity. So far all I've found is a good Kenny Omega, a really good looking CM Punk, kinda OK Young Bucks, and a stellar looking Penta. Although I was killing time online earlier and saw that there's a pretty awesome Chuck Taylor out there. So the Kentucky Gentleman era of NXT is upon us (or rather, me).

23 minutes ago, Craig H said:

The My Universe I started isn't the one I'll stick with. I want more CC wrestlers to show up for the PS4 before I start booking stuff with any kind of regularity. So far all I've found is a good Kenny Omega, a really good looking CM Punk, kinda OK Young Bucks, and a stellar looking Penta. Although I was killing time online earlier and saw that there's a pretty awesome Chuck Taylor out there. So the Kentucky Gentleman era of NXT is upon us (or rather, me).

Do you know the tags on the Omega? I haven't found a decent looking one yet.

I just searched "Omega" and downloaded the one that had the most downloads. Most of his moveset is there, the look is good enough, and his taunts are there. He comes out to the good brother's entrance music.

I'm now through the WM30 main event in the Showcase mode. I have to say, this is really well done. The whole mode is very good because it's like a giant tutorial. I've learned more from playing it than anything else. 

@Michael Sweetser I hope you don't mind, but I created a Botch Club championship using your logo.  I couldn't figure out how to edit the description crediting you with the logo, but once I do I'll reupload it with a description.  I feel it turned out surprisingly well and while it's not used in title matches it's awarded to those who do an epic botch.  And on that note the first Botch Club champion in my game is Kalisto.  And believe it or not this was a simmed match.

• Like 3

PROTIP: The Low Blow Payback move, while risking disqualification, will give your opponent a LONG non-reversal debuff.

I learned this the hard way, as I lost the Intercontinental title to Almas in a HIAC match after he dinged me and hit the hammerlock DDT.

This has caused my character to become jaded and triggered a heel turn.

XsI0DSp.jpg 

A heel goatee, redone outfit, changed up finishers and scarf later, and "Magnificent" Michael Simon is now a five-time Intercontinental champion.  For some reason, post-MyCareer *really* wants me to be Intercontinental champion.  

There was even a spot where Shane McMahon offered to let me defend my MyCareer championship (the WWE Pure championship, defended in submission matches) once again - only for my match to be for the vacant IC title, which I won again.

I'm hoping that once I move from Superstar to Main Eventer status, it'll finally let me go after the WWE Championship.  If I win the title, I'm breaking out the Botch Club side plates.  I'm at Superstar level 50, which is max level, but you need to level through one more level before you can up the Prestige level.

Towers are a great way to get XP and levels, by the by.  I almost completed the eight-match Survivor Series PPV tower until I got stopped by '91 Undertaker at the end, and I went from 38 to 45 during that time - each match was at least 4.5 stars, with most hitting 5, as apparently Simon is feeding Meltzer info or something.

• Like 2

I'm thinking the top combo for Payback moves might be Resiliency (kick out of one pin or submission automatically, which is a HUGE help in the towers) and Reversal (gain one reversal back).   It's great having get-out-of-jail free cards. 

Possum is also one of my favorites even if you don't get the pin - in non-pinfall matches like Last Man Standing, it'll gain the advantage back for you by tripping the opponent up.  Low Blow's risk of disqualification and the difficulty in bumping/distracting the ref makes it a crapshoot, but man, bruising Zack Ryder's huevos is a happy place for me.  (Plus there's the Ding! trophy to be had.)

I hate all of you fuckers.  I am running low on Legendary Shards in Destiny 2 and you assholes are tempting me to run Career Mode for a month and make a run at the Universal title..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I hate all of you fuckers.  I am running low on Legendary Shards in Destiny 2 and you assholes are tempting me to run Career Mode for a month and make a run at the Universal title..

A month?

So you aren't planning on getting RDR2 next week?

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

A month?

So you aren't planning on getting RDR2 next week?

*looks at calendar*

Fuck.....  that's right.. I'm picking up RDR2 with next Thursday's paycheck..

• Like 1

BTW, 2K19 has been a great compliment to Black Ops 4. I'll play a handful of rounds of Blackout, get frustrated, say I'll play one more, get frustrated again, and then before doing it all over one more time, I just go and run through a week or two of My Universe. 

I really should go through the ladders, but it sucks that your progress resets if you quit out. Sometimes the CPU is so reversal crazy that I can spend 30 minutes on one match. That makes the entire ladder a serious time investment.

It's sad that I'm going to end up dropping like $140 on the Woo! edition on eBay for the game, DLC content and the Supercard stuff. Mainly for the Supercard stuff, because those cards are beasts in the game. I'll put the HOF ring on my keychain or something.

Just started Universe mode by recreating "Magnificent" Michael Simon and forming The Magnificence with the Revival and Pete Dunne.  I promptly started a feud with Jeff Hardy by beating him, shaking his hand, and kicking him in the dick in a promo.  Sadly, my match on Backlash with Jericho was cancelled when Shelton Benjamin jumped Jericho during his intro.  I promptly booted Dunne back to NXT and brought Shelton into my group.

Also, somehow, AJ Styles went into Backlash as WWE Champion, but Kane beat Rusev for the title in the main event.  *shrug*

• Haha 1