DVDVR Message Board

WWE2K19.

On 9/18/2018 at 9:36 PM, MonteCarl said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he suggested he not be in the game to further his heel character. He didn't release that amazing skull T-Shirt of his, either, because he doesn't want to give fans anything to support him with. He'd be passing up a LOT of money doing that, though, so who knows.

That shirt was released on ProWrestlingTees.

It was the featured game on Outisde Xbox SOTW this week. There's a big head mode now. Andy went to the Performance Institute to film a lot of stuff about the game, but apparently a lot of the footage  is embargoed for a while.

16 hours ago, ARMDRAGON said:

The gameplay videos look promising in regard to multiperson matches not moving at a snail’s pace now. 

Which is great news, because they've added triple threat and fatal four way tag matches. And that makes me hopeful that we may get War Games matches in a future iteration of the game.

33 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

How do they not have wargames in yet? If/when they do put it in, I sure as shit hope they include options for the modern and classic versions. 

There's plenty of matches that still look like shit. I can't imagine how badly the game would break if they tried to model in two rings, a big ass cage, and the WarGames rules.

I watched some videos for this and did some reading up on the game and I'm cautiously optimistic that this might be good. It's still weird this thing comes out on Friday, but there's been so little to come out in the form of video coverage on IGN or elsewhere. 

Good is graded on a steep curve with WWE games, anyway.  I've found ways to have fun with them each year, so I'm entertained.  I preordered the Digital Deluxe version last night - I figure I'm going to be getting the Season Pass and DLC anyway, so I may as well just rip the bandage off now.

Played a few matches before passing out and it feels more or less exactly the same in-game as the last two years. Didn't see any of those new comeback things.

I should say the only difference was i ran a 4 way tag match and experienced 0 lag on an amateur ps4. So it took them a year to optimize that. Congrats. 

• Like 2

I got a "Ding!" trophy for nutshotting Rusev as Nakamura, so I'm in love with the game already.  I'm not sure if it's as good on the vanilla PS4 but this game looks great on the PS4 Pro.

I just wish the menus weren't bright white.  It makes the light blue cursor in create mode REALLY hard to see.

He's back.

Tu2k0Vq.jpg

For those interested, the Botch Club logos are available in the Community Creations section on PS4; just search for DVDVR or Botch Club.

Just started MyCareer, and holy shit.  This is fucking great.

Barron Blade, rival in 2K17 and road agent in 2K18, now runs the BCW indy school and promotion.  You're putting up posters before the show and living out of your dad's van.  The half-filled high school gym, dirty mat, top indy star that thinks he's going straight to WWE and Blade doing running snarky commentary over the PA system is so insanely accurate to my own indy experiences that it's almost depressing.

The voice acting, so far, is damn good, especially AJ Kirsch as your character's voice.  

• Like 1

On 10/3/2018 at 12:10 PM, Michael Sweetser said:

Good is graded on a steep curve with WWE games, anyway.  I've found ways to have fun with them each year, so I'm entertained.  I preordered the Digital Deluxe version last night - I figure I'm going to be getting the Season Pass and DLC anyway, so I may as well just rip the bandage off now.

Ended up getting the "Woooo!" edition, and...it was actually pretty good quality.

I expected the replica ring to be plastic and the piece of a Flair robe to be in a trading card, but they went with metal/lucite for each one so at least they'll look...well, as classy as wrestling memorabilia can get, but still.

Kairi Sane almost makes this game worth it alone. She's easily my favourite to ever play as in a WWE game with a huge chunk of her offense being custom and super neat. The elbow could be a bit more glorious but it's still pretty great as is.