DVDVR Message Board

MITB 2018 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Someone teach Carmella how to fucking sell, because that match could be summarized as "Carmella dominated the overmatched challenger Asuka and was in complete control throughout and then finished her off with a superkick after an unneeded distraction."

That is on WWE, they find a genuinely irritating heel and their idea is have her slap an chinlock on for twenty minutes. Instead of letting them get their asses kicked and slip on a banana peel.  

I feel like this thing with Nia and Rousey was to get the title back to Alexa. She is someones pet project. But it could be typical shit WWE booking. 

The worst thing about WWE is the regenerating heel. A heel loses the big match and is back the next night with no damage. Its been an ongoing problem with WWE since 1999. Ric Flair worked because he was JR Ewing, the star of the show you loved to hate. With WWE, I just hate these people. 

Glad Braun won, I think he will be the first guy since Cena to challenge ahead of time. 

• Like 1

I remember somebody bringing up Rollins' high risk/high reward style and Coach Man immediately blurting out "don't forget high success" (what the hell do you think a reward is, numbskull?) although maybe I'm being too harsh and the poor bastard just meant Rollins actually hit the risky moves more times than not. 

Besides Coach's stupidity, I can't be the only person that noticed Michael Cole said "Congratulations to Shinsuke Nakamura" after the LMS match, right? What is he congratulating him for? The man just got his testicles crushed and got put through a table while losing the match. 

That entire commentating team is the pits.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm sure glad that y'all watched this clusterfuck so that I didn't have to... BTW: Into the Badlands was really, really good. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I get what they see in Alexa. I do. Her mannerisms and character work is/are off the charts. She's gotta get better at bumping before she blows an ankle. Or knee. Nia has come a million miles. I really thought she handled her end of that match far better than could be expected. Asuka is DOA at this point. Becky too. Makes me sad. She's over as hell and is gonna end up washing out. Men's MITB was fun as hell. Braun running through that ladder was impressive. I would've thought Miz would win, but Braun makes sense.

@The Natural I think the ship has sailed on Sasha,  Bayley and Becky unfortunately.  They will be used as the glue that holds the division together and maybe they get a veteran run with the title down the road at some point but for whatever reason WWE doesn't see them as stars.  I have my own beliefs as to why that is but just keeping with what you were saying,  I think they are toast as far as the main event scene goes.  If Charlotte's last name wasn't Flair she would probably be in the same position.  Naomi will never receive a push either.  Her run through Mania last year was her "good job" moment for her career.  Now she settles in as a Natalya,  training with the new gen.  They are only pushing Nia Jax because they think it's a good PR move.  The real "stars" in their eyes are Alexa and Ronda.  Ronda is a legit star so I have no issue with that.  But the 4 horsewomen really deserve better.  I don't even think they'll do much with Ember Moon.  Asuka is being positioned as a Kane or Big Show monster type.  Get her hot for a couple months and then cool her off again.  

They are doing the same shit with the women now that they have done with the men.  They have a vision and "FUCK YOU" if you disagree with it. They are still doing the Roman Reigns deal.  The crowd shit on him and Jinder,  didn't matter.  He'll be the cornerstone of whatever the plan is for RAW tomorrow night.  There's so many guys like Samoa Joe who could probably have a legit title reign and it'd be interesting but they don't want to pull the trigger on it.  With these new TV deals in place the force feeding is going to continue. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

My problem with Alexa's push is that we're already coming off a pretty lengthy title reign for her.  She's already at 300+ days combined in her two reigns where she's been booked super strong.  Her getting the title back just makes the women's division so stale, especially when Carmella's essentially doing the same reign on Smackdown.

• Like 3

Dave will probably spend ten minutes on how much better Dominion was or NXT was and usually I'm like "come on man, get on with it" but he's right.  RAW and SDL have been coasting for what feels like at least a year,  maybe two at this point.  They aren't trying to do anything new, it's all safe,  cookie cutter,  completely generic,  uninspired. 

Now, I realized why this show turned out the way it did. It was Father's Day. Who didn't meet his father until age 12? Who claimed that one of his step-father's beat his mother and attacked him when he tried to protect her? Who also said he would have enjoyed killing said step-father? That's right, Vincent Kennedy McMahon. Put all that together and you get Vince with a major bug up his ass, so once again, his audience suffers for it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Since the Ellsworth spoilers came out, I knew they were going to do something stupid in the Asuka match, and somehow the execution of it was even worse. WWE is always going to WWE, but I am mystified by what WWE sees in Carmella to have her beat Charlotte and Asuka in consecutive PPVs. They couldn't even find a single decent move of hers to put in the pre-match montage, which was just a bunch of crappy superkicks and a crappier dropkick. At least Alexa can generate a crowd reaction without needing outside help, which usually only lasts a week or two anyway.

On the upside, though I didn't like the women's MITB ending (though at least it set up the end of Ronda/Nia) with Alexa timing her entry so badly that it made Becky look like an idiot, it was still a pretty strong match. Thought the SDL women shined nicely, and I liked that Charlotte/Becky got some character moments throughout. Ronda being such a good seller already also has me very optimistic of what WWE will be doing with her and Charlotte in future, though who knows, maybe they'll just forget that and run Ronda/Carmella instead, with Ellsworth interfering on the biggest stage of all! :rolleyes:

AJ/Naka took a little while to get going but was also easily the best of their WWE matches so far.

Bryan/Cass was pretty solid and easily Cass's best match.

Rollins/Elias was decent from what I paid attention to.

I'm not sure what the fuck Lashley/Sami was.

Women's MITB was good though I hate that Alexa won.

Carmella/Asuka was ok until the ridiculously bad finish that felt like it took forever. Carmella is a terrible champ and I have no idea what the end game for is. Maybe hell freezes over and Becky beats her for the belt.

I skipped Roman/Jinder.

AJ/Nakamura was great by the end though I'm kind of pissed Nakamura didn't win. Not really sure where they can go with him at this point.

Nia/Rousey was good and possibly MOTN. I'm glad Rosuey is one of the people Nia doesn't feel the need to hold back against. Rousey looked way better than she should have with the reactions. I'm torn on the finish. I'm happy Nia didn't lose to Rousey, but pissed to see Alexa is champ again.

Men's MITB was god fun. very happy to see Braun win.

24 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Yeah Im a huge fan of Bliss but what is the point of her having another reign again right now? Nia's run looks like it was a WWE 'WrestleMania Moment' tm special and we are back to our regularly scheduled program.

Yeah it felt like they want Rousey to beat Alexa for the title but the way the Alexa/Nia feud was booked, Nia had to go over so this was their way back around it. I wonder if they'll forget Nia went full on bully heel the last few weeks and go back. Guessing Ronda wins the title at SummerSlam now, that'll be fun and Alexa can do her double jointed deal in Ronda's armbar.

49 minutes ago, just drew said:

Her mannerisms and character work is/are off the charts.

She has three expressions, like a broken CAW in No Mercy or 05 Randy Orton. 

3 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Guessing Ronda wins the title at SummerSlam now, that'll be fun and Alexa can do her double jointed deal in Ronda's armbar.

WWE already fucked that up with a fake out. But shit Nia tapped out on TV in March and they pretended she had never submitted two months later. 

The writing gets worse the more open the business gets. 

32 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Also that Nakamura heel turn was totally worth it. /sarcasm

It lead to the best work he has done in WWE and a great feud with AJ. 

• Like 3

I know Alexa Bliss is well liked around here and I will acknowledge that she is decent at playing heel. But with her abilities and experience she shouldn't have had won a championship yet. 

Also, Miz is hands down my favourite guy to hate and easily one of the top workers in the world right now. 

19 minutes ago, Casey said:

Are you new or something?

Kiddo, I have been around before you were allowed to use the Internet. ;] 

I judged from what feels like a gazillion people posting her in the photo thread while calling her Little Miss Bliss. Might be one person posting her a gazillion times, I admit. 

Miz was so great just trying to avoid actually wrestling and just sneak up the ladder. And he totally made that Braun through the ladder spot with his look of pure terror.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ReiseReise said:

Kiddo, I have been around before you were allowed to use the Internet. ;] 

I judged from what feels like a gazillion people posting her in the photo thread while calling her Little Miss Bliss. Might be one person posting her a gazillion times, I admit. 

I think there's probably only two or three of us that really like her, as judged by the fact that two or three of us post a lot of pictures.

All the rest of you seem to grudgingly tolerate her, at best. ;)

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, ReiseReise said:

I know Alexa Bliss is well liked around here and I will acknowledge that she is decent at playing heel. But with her abilities and experience she shouldn't have had won a championship yet. 

Also, Miz is hands down my favourite guy to hate and easily one of the top workers in the world right now. 

Miz is the poster child for the regenerating heel. He loses a big match and he is on TV like nothing happened. Or he will immediately get a rematch and win clean. 

He needs a break off TV for a bit. Maybe after Daniel Bryan kicks his head in. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

That was mindboggling levels of stupidity. She's going to catch her breath in a hold that literally works by making it hard to breathe... Coach is so fucking bad it's beyond parody at this point.

Really, Graves and Coach have turned to shit. When Smackdown rolls in on Tuesday and I can snag another post show pic with Byron, I'm gonna ask him who I have to pay off both of to potato both those clowns.