DVDVR Message Board

MITB 2018 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

10 hours ago, The Natural said:

You didn't like Sasha Banks vs. Bayley at NXT TakeOver: Respect, October 2015?

I liked all the Sasha Banks vs. Alexa Bliss matches at Great Balls of Fire, SummerSlam and two weeks later on RAW.

Forgot about that, I guess since Takeover Respect* then.  Big fan of the Alexa/Sasha series as well.  That Alexa tweet above is the best

• Like 1

They could always recycle the finish from Shamrock/Rock at WrestleMania XIV for Summerslam if the match ends up being Ronda/Alexa and not a triple threat. Rousey decides to snap Alexa's other arm post match and is disqualified. If the match ends up being Ronda/Alexa/Nia, there's no doubt who will emerge victorious. All things considered, as long as Ronda is never actually beaten prior to winning the title, it doesn't matter if it takes her until Survivor Series or even the Royal Rumble to actually win it. Alexa is perfect in the role as someone you can't wait to see Rousey get her hands on and then eventually take her title. The matches on the other hand will have to be laid out a certain way, where Alexa hangs around long enough to weasel her into controlling the match, only because Ronda is toying with her like a spider does a fly. 

The problem with Carmella is her title win and reign is a joke that only happened because of the need to protect Money In The Bank as a brand. They knew they couldn't have Carmella be the one to actually end the streak. As for her beating Charlotte and Asuka, winning and then dropping the title in her first few defenses wasn't an option because the little babies in creative would feel like they are admitting they made a mistake by giving Carmella the Money In The Bank. Of course, if they actually treated the first women's Money In The Bank seriously and not as a prop to rejuvenate Ellsworth's stale comedy act and set up whatever kind of bad taste intergender garbage they bailed on, Carmella never would've had the briefcase in the first place. Baron Corbin probably isn't blameless in this whole mess for whatever petulant behavior that caused his Money In The Bank attempt to get squashed. If he had cashed in successfully they might have been more open to Carmella failing at her cash-in attempt.  Now they've even brought back Ellsworth to rub it in everybody's face. Whether or not Asuka is ruined isn't the point. Needing multiple attempts to take the belt off the worst wrestler in the division does nobody any favors. You milk somebody finally winning the belt against a competent heel act, not a one-note dancing idiot who has to control ninety percent of her matches because she still doesn't have the first clue about how to bump properly.

• Like 3

I like Alexa fine as an act. I agree that she has some room to grow in ring wise but she has her moments. I’ve enjoyed her matches against Asuka, Sasha, and Bayley. I’m just afraid that they are reaching AJ Lee levels of overexposure with her. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, L_W_P said:

I used to love Sasha as a worker. Then I noticed her pouty “I’m doing the job” face and it’s all been down hill.

She, to me at least, is the definition of someone that could have been a huge crossover star who has been crippled by the 50/50 booking and ‘cog in the machine’ theory.

I missed Sasha's doing the job face until it was brought up here. It wasn't deliberate by me...I'm open to criticizing wrestlers I'm a fan of if there's something I don't like by them.

The Boss could be better used in feuds previously and as a crossover star.