DVDVR Message Board

MITB 2018 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

1 minute ago, Overly Critical Man said:

So is Lashley's finisher literally just hitting vertical suplexes until the other guy is dead like this is WWE2K for the PlayStation? Because that's a pretty boring finisher.

To be fair, Lashley is a pretty boring worker. 

• Like 2

Honestly, I thought his last TNA run was pretty good.  He seems to have regressed a bit since coming back to the WWE.

I hope this Lashley-Zayn feud is over.  Both guys deserve better.  Expecting it to continue though.

Ten years from now, we're all going to be horrified that Lashley beat up "his sisters" in a garbage comedy segment. To be fair, that segment was mostly horrific on several levels. 

8 hours ago, The Natural said:

Nia Jax's best match was with Ronda Rousey.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Who'd have thought that the worker that could put Nia over best as a classic monster heel would be Ronda fucking Rousey? 

How the is it you people have somehow forgotten Nia's matches with Bayley, Sasha, and Asuka? Most of those matches were better than the Rousey match and had Nia looking just as much like a monster, if not more.

10 minutes ago, Eivion said:

How the is it you people have somehow forgotten Nia's matches with Bayley, Sasha, and Asuka? Most of those matches were better than the Rousey match and had Nia looking just as much like a monster, if not more.

We don't speak of Sasha, Bayley or Asuka around here anymore. It hurts too much.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

9 minutes ago, Eivion said:

For me, all of them beating her clean, multiple times, killed her monster aura a bit. This felt like the first time they ever somewhat protected her. Always dug the Asuka matches though.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, EVA said:

Yes, but then Alexa wouldn’t be champion.

And while Nattie can certainly wrestle, she is a charisma black hole. YMMV, of course. 

I will take a champ with lots of charisma and possibly limited ring skills over a solid worker who is dull as dishwater. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Eivion said:

While there're plenty of her matches I have yet to see, I have always felt Nia was too tentative, like she was afraid to hurt her tiny opponents. 

Last night was the first time I recall seeing her go all Aja Kong on an opponent, and it was well  awesome. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Kronos said:

While there're plenty of her matches I have yet to see, I have always felt Nia was too tentative, like she was afraid to hurt her tiny opponents. 

Last night was the first time I recall seeing her go all Aja Kong on an opponent, and it was well  awesome. 

Its her biggest issue. Her best stuff is pretty much with the people she isn't afraid she will murder which goes back to the whole Bayley, Sasha, Asuka matches thing. Those are the opponents she doesn't hold back against too much. I was pleasantly surprised to see Ronda added to the list.

• Like 1

I am trying to remember if I have ever seen Nia wrestle Charlotte, in a proper competitive match? Or Becky, for that matter, both solid strong physiques with whom she should feel physically comfortable. And Nattie. 

Sasha's a weird choice, since she weighs next to nothing. But I can see her telling Nia, "Don't worry, I am made of rubber and always bounce back." Because that's the only way Sasha Banks is not dead by now. 

33 minutes ago, Captain Kronos said:

I am trying to remember if I have ever seen Nia wrestle Charlotte, in a proper competitive match? Or Becky, for that matter, both solid strong physiques with whom she should feel physically comfortable. And Nattie.

I think the only Nia/Charlotte match was a 5 minute RAW match where Nia won clean to send Charlotte off to SDL last year. Her only interaction with Becky has been Survivor Series.

1 minute ago, DreamBroken said:

I think the only Nia/Charlotte match was a 5 minute RAW match where Nia won clean to send Charlotte off to SDL last year. Her only interaction with Becky has been Survivor Series.

I could definitely be into those matchups. 

5 hours ago, Beech27 said:

That’s the problem though: she’s a heel who is always right, beating (basically always cleanly) every babyface challenger whom she insisted wasn’t good enough for precisely the reasons she insisted they weren’t good enough. She finally lost to Nia, but Jax’s immediate bully heel pivot allows people to say Alexa was right all along, and now yes, she has her “revenge”.

It would be more satisfying to me if the gap between her presentation and in-ring performance wasn’t so large, but it... is.

There are obvious differences, but I wonder if this might end up being a Rollins cash-in scenario, a tremendous moment where hindsight nonetheless will say doing the “obvious” thing and putting over the company’s anointed face would have been smarter. 

She has a lot of similarities to 2002/2003 Hunter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Kronos said:

I always thought Nia should have been on SDL. She could have had a good reign there as a monster before losing to Becky. I also really want Nia vs Naomi. I dug their interactions in SS and the RR.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

If nobody talks to Dave then how does he always have the entire Mania card months in advance?  They might make a tweak here or there because Vince is crazy but for the most part Dave is accurate every year. 

Coach getting all hurt because Alvarez pointed out how bad he is was hilarious. "They hate because I don't care about them that's why I don't talk about them because I don't care about them which is why they hate me but I don't care"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Captain Kronos said:

And while Nattie can certainly wrestle, she is a charisma black hole. YMMV, of course. 

I will take a champ with lots of charisma and possibly limited ring skills over a solid worker who is dull as dishwater. 

Or they can make one of the women who is a great wrestler champion.  I have no interest in Alexa's matches.  that's the issue.  she's never had anything close to a great match. 

• Like 2

I wanted to mention the pure glee I had during the finishing stretch of Daniel Bryan / Cass.  Once Bryan locked in the heel hook, this was Cass's reaction:

• Stare directly into the camera
  • Scream AHHHHHH
  • Full stop
  • Scream AHHHHHH
  • Full stop
  • Reach for the ropes for exactly one second
  • Tap furiously in disgust of his own pathetic manhood. 

Fantastic work by the big guy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

To be fair, Lashley is a pretty boring worker. 

Now, he is. His TNA run was awesome, aside from the crap with America's Top Team. Yes, I said that. Lashley, for the most part was awesome in TNA/Impact.

• Like 6

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'd say Final Fight is a teeny bit more apt, since Braun is a shave away from being Mike Haggar. 

220px-Haggar.png

Well now I need to see Braun throw a double lariat.

23 minutes ago, Captain Kronos said:

That Mike Haggar dude looks like Tom Selleck. 

If Tom took every steroid in the world and some that haven't been invented yet.

He also looks like everyone drawn by Tom of Finland.   You should *NOT* google that while at work. 

• Haha 1