DVDVR Message Board

MITB 2018 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

58 minutes ago, ReiseReise said:

I know Alexa Bliss is well liked around here and I will acknowledge that she is decent at playing heel. But with her abilities and experience she shouldn't have had won a championship yet. 

Also, Miz is hands down my favourite guy to hate and easily one of the top workers in the world right now. 

Miz is the poster child for the regenerating heel. He loses a big match and he is on TV like nothing happened. Or he will immediately get a rematch and win clean. 

He needs a break off TV for a bit. Maybe after Daniel Bryan kicks his head in. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

That was mindboggling levels of stupidity. She's going to catch her breath in a hold that literally works by making it hard to breathe... Coach is so fucking bad it's beyond parody at this point.

Really, Graves and Coach have turned to shit. When Smackdown rolls in on Tuesday and I can snag another post show pic with Byron, I'm gonna ask him who I have to pay off both of to potato both those clowns.

1 hour ago, ReiseReise said:

I know Alexa Bliss is well liked around here and I will acknowledge that she is decent at playing heel. But with her abilities and experience she shouldn't have had won a championship yet.

Its more a case of people like Bliss as a character while not really caring for her matches outside the occasional impressive performance that shows she has potential but isn't really there yet. I've always hated that she was champ. She had no business ending Becky's or Bayley's reigns, nor the long runs as champ.

Twice now Ronda Rousey has surprised inside the ring, her vs. Nia Jax turned out way better than we thought it would. Rousey with her selling particularly of the powerbomb inside the ring and falling outside from it. In the end Alexa Bliss attacked Rousey repeatedly with her newly won MITB briefcase and cashed in on Nia Jax. I enjoyed Jax vs. Rousey a lot.

Great women’s MITB Ladder match with Sasha taking punishment, Becky gets the love from the crowd she doesn’t get from the bookers. Little Miss Bliss won. This smoked the two women’s MITB Ladder matches last year. Haven’t thought about the best MITB Ladder matches ever in a while but this would make it.

I really liked the men’s MITB Ladder match as well with Braun looking dominant coming back from the other competitors trying to take him out. Strowman and Samoa Joe were badasses in this. Nasty bump by KO through the table. Hope he’s right.

Not sure if I want to watch AJ Styles/Shinsuke Nakamura, I don’t know what that says about me or the matches they’ve had are disappointments considering its AJ Styles and a guy who is hit or miss in Nakamura. That’s another WWE Championship shot Nakamura has lost. I don’t think he’ll ever win it.

I had Roman Reigns/Jinder Mahal as background noise for the chants while I worked. No way am I sitting through that.

4 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Besides Coach's stupidity, I can't be the only person that noticed Michael Cole said "Congratulations to Shinsuke Nakamura" after the LMS match, right? What is he congratulating him for? The man just got his testicles crushed and got put through a table while losing the match. 

That entire commentating team is the pits.

The part that annoyed me the most was when Cole asked Byron, "What will it do for you if Kofi wins this match?" Like, we get it, they're both black...he might as well have said "you/your people" with that line.

Punch my ticket for the “Sick of Strowman” train. I like the fact that he’s gotten over but it’s just the same repetitive shit with him. Seems like Owens is booked solely to take good bumps for him. 

After the last 2 weekends I wish there was an NXT network separate to the WWE one just so I could pay for that and NJPW. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm gonna sound contrarian but I hated what I saw of the Women's Ladder Match. Most of it seemed like several women were too scared of the ladders, or completely unsure how to use them; and Lana was beyond horrible in there. 

I enjoyed Jinder/Roman a lot, and I thought Elias/Rollins was GREAT but should've ended after the flying elbowdrop. Really liked the AJ/Nakamura match but I don't think AJ should've won: I liked the story around him winning, but I fell that Nakamura is now dead as a character because he's failed far too many times at winning the title. Those three matches and Sami/Lashley were all I saw, and FWIW, I liked the dominant finish of Sami/Lashley as it hopefully puts an end to that silly storyline.

Also, I liked Carmella/Asuka but they've been booking Carmella way too strong. She dominated Charlotte, too. They should book her ex-boyfriend this strong, and he'd actually be a star by now. ;)

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

Most of it seemed like several women were too scared of the ladders, or completely unsure how to use them; and Lana was beyond horrible in there. 

That's cause they've never done any DIY around the house 

giphy.gif

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

The part that annoyed me the most was when Cole asked Byron, "What will it do for you if Kofi wins this match?" Like, we get it, they're both black...he might as well have said "you/your people" with that line.

Well, we know where that line came from.

• Like 2

I liked the women's MITB match. Definitely think it was better than last year's match.

Poor Asuka looked a fool out there, staring at the fake Asuka for what felt like an eternity. 

I enjoy Alexa Bliss but this is beginning to feel like overkill. I didn't want Ronda with the belt but I sure didn't want Bliss with it again so soon. Mania was just a few months ago. But I did like what Ronda and Nia were doing before the interruption. I didn't enjoy most of the build up so I wasn't looking forward to them fighting but this was a pleasant surprise and the strongest Nia has looked in a while.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So apparently fans are trying to fat shame Paige as according to her she was pie faced in the parking lot after the show.   I think the Reigns vs Jinder response I had earlier applies here as well:

Fuck them.

• Like 1

As much as I am always ready to jump on a Fuck Chicago (or Fuck Boston or Fuck Baltimore or Fuck Randy Orton) train - it was one fuck not plural.

• Like 2

Braun winning works if he calls his shot: Summerslam v. Brock. Defends briefcase against Roman at Extreme Rules, then we get extensive training montages for both building up to Summerslam. Then, y’know, besting Brock clean.

then Brock can take off until Royal Rumble for the rematch, which Braun will win again. Then, if they really have to, do Roman v. Braun at Wrestlemania (Or, quite literally, do anything else).

I guess Shinsuke can beat Jeff Hardy and have a lengthy reign with the US title. Daniel Bryan needs a feud with AJ and Shinsuke, so I understand keeping it on AJ.

Ronda’s awesome. 

• Thanks 1

I really liked Bryan/Cass and AJ/Nak.

Bryan/Cass kinda reminded me of one of those random Bret Hart title defenses circa 94-95 where he would just take apart the Berzerker or some other big guy for 15 minutes.

AJ/Nak was the best LMS match that I can remember seeing, though admittedly that’s a pretty low bar.  But AJ just punting Nakamura in the balls and walking away was a fantastic kiss off for this feud.

• Like 2

As AJ/Nak was happening I kept hoping they’d pay homage to They Live by leaving out the weapons and just have two dudes kick each other’s asses until one can’t stand up, complete with groin attacks. And I’d still leave out that first table spot, but otherwise I loved that.

Also, I agree Braun doesn’t jive well with the briefcase well but if he calls his shot for Summerslam tonight that would be A) awesome and needed and B) nobody has to worry about anyone cashing in for 12 whole months, which is nice.

Oh, and as an Alexa Bliss fan, she didn’t need that.

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

I've always hated that she was champ. She had no business ending Becky's or Bayley's reigns, nor the long runs as champ.

That's pretty much what I was gunning for. 

6 hours ago, Captain Kronos said:

I think there's probably only two or three of us that really like her, as judged by the fact that two or three of us post a lot of pictures.

All the rest of you seem to grudgingly tolerate her, at best. ;)

Isn't there at least five people in this thread stating that they really like her? Or even love? I even had problems with Charlotte getting the title four or five times in a year, but she at least seemed to be in a spot were she belonged. It's weird to have Alexa positioned where she is at that point in her career with her current abilities. She will now get the "real" Rousey programme it seems. 

Probably a sign as to how far the women have come though, I get annoyed by treatment of wrestlers, pushes, card positioning etc. 6-7 years ago we had a "Piggy James storyline" ... 

• Like 2