DVDVR Message Board

MITB 2018 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

15 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Seriously though, literally the two easiest people in the company to book into titles should have been babyface Asuka and heel Nakamura. How can they fuck those up that badly?

because they're Japanese

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

And what was the point of having Bobby Roode in the match? You could've kept him out of the MitB match and absolutely nothing would have been affected. He did less than nothing out there. 

because Glorious

9 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

And what was the point of having Bobby Roode in the match? You could've kept him out of the MitB match and absolutely nothing would have been affected. He did less than nothing out there. 

I forgot he was even in the match at all, when he showed back up for the Rusev triple stack stuff. 

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

There's one thing that Brock,  AJ,  Alexa and possibly Carmella all have in common.  If you know,  you know. 

They make more money than I do? They read the DVDVR for the Seinfeld references?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

They make more money than I do?

Brock alone probably makes more money than most of the roster combined.  Did someone really say that Brock needs to watch out?  I think someone on commentary said that. Why?  How can Braun cash in on him?  Is he going to pull up on Brock's farm and summon him to an open field for battle?  

Don't get me wrong,  I'd love to see it..  I just don't think they'd do it.  Sadly. 

Poor, poor Asuka since wrongly losing her undefeated WWE record at WrestleMania XXXIV to Charlotte Flair and getting beat by WWE Smackdown Live Women's Champion Carmella with James Ellsworth return. Fuck me.

• Like 5

Fuck Braun. So sick of him going over everyone every week, especially in every big multi-man PPV match there ever is.

Other than that, loved most of the show. Bryan/Cass was way better than expected. Bryan had a very impressive performance here and Cass obviously had his best ever match. Cass felt both done after tapping out clean again yet better despite the loss. Lashley/Zayn was perfect, he beat him with a vertical suplex and a one finger pin lmao that was just great. Thought Rollins/Elias started slow but got very good by the end. Roman/Jinder was not very good but I didn't hate it, crowd killed it early.

Was liking Carmella/Asuka a good bit until the nonsensical finish. Asuka staring in shock for whatever reason was a bad as her taking that pinfall loss. Thought for sure Carmella would retain by countout or DQ. Marked huge of course for Alexa winning MITB and then the cash in, two years straight in the title picture. I love Alexa and think this was a great way to get the title back on her to then eventually transition to Ronda rather than Nia's abrupt heel turn. It was Alexa vs the world and Alexa won. Thought the women's MITB overall was a lot of fun where the mens was predictable and boring. As mentioned I think everyone in the mens had some sort of big spot except Roode, who also lost like every week leading up to MITB minus winning the qualifier.

Ronda/Nia was awesome while it lasted, great second performance from Ronda and Nia looked pretty good as well. As the show went along I was hoping this would main event. Thought Styles/Nakamura finally delivered the 'dream match' they had been buliding for 5 months, I loved it. The tease of the low blow, later usage of the low blow, and eventually Styles ultimate low blow was great. Believable near falls here (though would've been better without commentary screaming that it was over), glad that AJ retained and I hope his reign keeps up the awesome. Definitely wanted Joe to win MITB and announce his cash in but hopefully we'll still get that.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Ronda probably sold more in her match with Nia than Carmella has in her entire career. I still remember Carmella popping right up from Nikki Bella's forearm. Like, girl...you're a goddamn twig. Stay down.

Somehow, B*g C*ss is to blame. Oh yeah, he may have the laziest looking torture rack. That match wasn't a squash by any means, but it sure felt like a burial of C*ss. His ceiling is about where Test's was.

I'm glad I'm not the only one sick of Braun. I'm really fucking sick of him. 

• Like 2

Just now, Gonzo said:

Coachman: "WHERE ON EARTH DID ALEXA BLISS COME FROM!?"

Me: "Uhhhhhh, she won a match, like, an hour ago."

Dying at when Coach tried to explain how Ronda could get some rest in while Nia put her in a bearhug and Cole screamed him down "REST? WHAT DO YOU MEAN REST SHE'S GOT HER ARMS WRAPPED AROUND HER!!"

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

Having Braun actually winning a major match that actually means something in a pay per view main event is probably the best thing WWE could do right now. So I can't complain too much there. Reigns isn't the guy, and he never will be the guy. He's the drizzling shits as a main eventer.

12 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Dying at when Coach tried to explain how Ronda could get some rest in while Nia put her in a bearhug and Cole screamed him down "REST? WHAT DO YOU MEAN REST SHE'S GOT HER ARMS WRAPPED AROUND HER!!"

That was mindboggling levels of stupidity. She's going to catch her breath in a hold that literally works by making it hard to breathe... Coach is so fucking bad it's beyond parody at this point.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

That was mindboggling levels of stupidity. She's going to catch her breath in a hold that literally works by making it hard to breathe... Coach is so fucking bad it's beyond parody at this point.

Who needs to know anything about wrestling to be a wrestling announcer? Pfft, that's crazy talk.

• Thanks 1