DVDVR Message Board

Super Show-Down - 10/6/2018

Web Conn

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe-confirms-australia-ppv-triple-h-vs-undertaker-set-259791

WWE's planned Network special in Australia, which was even briefly mentioned on television earlier this year, has now been announced.

It was confirmed this morning that "WWE Super Show-Down" would officially be taking place at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in Melbourne, Australia on Saturday, October 6th. Following WrestleMania 34 and the Greatest Royal Rumble, this will be WWE's third stadium show of the year.

The first match for the show has also been announced, with Triple H set to face The Undertaker for the first time since WrestleMania 28. It's being promoted as the final time they'll wrestle each other.

John Cena, Ronda Rousey, Shane McMahon, Big Show, Kurt Angle, and Shawn Michaels are among those listed for the show. Though Michaels has discussed potentially being open to one more match under the right circumstances, it wasn't specified whether he would just be making an appearance or not.

Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Randy Orton, Nia Jax, AJ Styles, Charlotte Flair, Daniel Bryan (whose contract expires on September 1st), The Miz, Sasha Banks, Alexa Bliss, Bray Wyatt, and Peyton Royce & Billie Kay are also advertised, along with more wrestlers from Raw and SmackDown.

Super Show-Down will stream live on the WWE Network and will be available on pay-per-view globally. It's taking place three weeks after Hell in a Cell and two weeks before TLC.

Here's the ticket information for the show: "Tickets for WWE Super Show-Down will be available Thursday, June 28, at 10 a.m. AEST via ticketek.com.au. An exclusive Telstra Thanks pre-sale for customers starts this Friday, June 22, at 12 noon AEST, and is open until Tuesday, June 26, at 10 p.m. AEST."

Okay, re-opening because matches are being announced and they actually appear to be building.  The Card so far:

NO DQ, NO COUNT-OUT MATCH FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP, THERE MUST BE A WINNER - AJ Styles (c) vs. Samoa Joe

FOR THE SMACKDOWN WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Becky Lynch (c) vs. Charlotte Flair 

FOR THE WWE CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - Cedric Alexander (c) vs. Buddy Murphy

FOR THE SMACKDOWN TAG-TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The New Day (c) vs. The Bar

"LAST TIME EVER" (lol) - The Undertaker vs. HHH

FOR THE #1 CONTENDER SPOT FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP - The Miz vs. Daniel Bryan

"HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE NIKKI TO TURN" SIX PERSON TAG TEAM MATCH - Ronda Rousey/The Bellas vs. The Riott Squad

The Shield (Rollins/Ambrose/Reigns) vs. The Pack (Strowman/Ziggler/McIntyre)

Kevin Owens & Elias vs. John Cena & Boring Lashley

The Iiconics vs. Asuka/Naomi

The thing that amuses me about this Taker/Triple H match is it's being built up like the first Cena/Rock match at Wrestlemania 29. That was supposed to be "the first time, the only time, the last time" or something and they ended up doing a rematch the next year. You know they'll do a Taker/Triple H rematch again at some point in the near future.

Poor Buddy Murphy. Gotta lose in front of the biggest home crowd ever.

Just on the crowd - tickets haven’t moved as fast as they would have hoped. There’s about 60k tickets sold and capacity (with the stage setup etc) is expected to be about 90k. They have blocked off a huge stand at one end of the stadium so a good 25k seats aren’t going to be used.

At this stage, with paper and late/cheap sales, I think itll be about 75-80k.

The other issue they will have is the AFL Grand Final. 3 of the biggest clubs in Melbourne (nearly 300k members/ticket holders between them) are all a genuine chance of playing in that game & tickets are EXTREMELY limited. Only about 30k (of 100k) tickets are made available to the competing teams with the rest going towards corporate sponsors and AFL/MCG event ticket holders.

A lot of WWE fans who are members/supporters of these teams might be waiting until they are knocked out of the comp before buying WWE tix.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2018 at 4:41 PM, Phantom Lord said:

The thing that amuses me about this Taker/Triple H match is it's being built up like the first Cena/Rock match at Wrestlemania 29. That was supposed to be "the first time, the only time, the last time" or something and they ended up doing a rematch the next year. You know they'll do a Taker/Triple H rematch again at some point in the near future.

Honestly, although I definitely wouldn't be shocked if they do wrestle again, it's not that far-fetched that this might be their last one on one. They've milked the match for about all it's worth running it at three different WrestleManias, Taker might retire for real at any time, and Triple H's matches at Mania the last few years have been about putting younger stars over. They did the "last ever" Trips/Cena match at the GRR and I think this is just a way to make the match seem bigger while having a stipulation they might actually stick with for once.

I know it's been 7 and a half years since the WrestleMania 27 match that I love more than anyone (as in I think it's the best Mania match ever), and I know I didn't really like their last match a year later, and I know Taker can barely move, and this match is gonna suck. Yet, the promotion for it has me interested. Damn them.

35 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Let Taker squash other part-timers on "supershows" I don't plan to watch anyway.  Next up, Randy Orton at WWE: One Night in Bangkok. Keep him the hell away from full-timers that shouldn't be squashed, like Rusev.

They queens they would use would not excite you?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Asuka & Naomi vs. The IIconics has been added to the card

So, not only does Buddy Murphy get to job at home, but so do The IIconics.

What are the odds that The Mighty (Don't Kneel) get added, so they can job?