DVDVR Message Board

Super Show-Down - 10/6/2018

Web Conn

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

A company that plans in advance would have had Bryan pick up wins with the small package to get over he can beat anybody with it rather than have him continuously look like an idiot against Miz. I'd be perfectly fine with Bryan winning in five minutes if there was a story behind it that Miz can't keep up with Bryan when it comes to pure wrestling. I'm more than happy Bryan won cleanly, but it should have been a convincing win.

You captured my thoughts 100%, man. Things like this work best when there's build to them, or an emphasis that it can at least happen. It really feels like Bryan got the fluke win moreso than outsmarting and outwrestling Miz.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The real moments out of this show were the receptions the IIconics and Buddy Murphy. I was shocked that neither heeled on the crowd or jobbed, especially the IIconics. HHH must have bound and gagged Vince and threw him in a storage closet somewhere in the bowels of the arena.

I really think its because they are beneath Vince's notice.

• Like 1

I'm fast forwarding through a lot of this show because I just don't have time for all of it. But that Joe/ AJ match was fucking awesome. 

And despite the fast forwarding, it's fucking weirdly hilarious to look at online bitching about this show. It was basically "The Big Event" 2018. Successful as fuck no matter how obsessive hate watching weirdos feel about it. It's almost adorable seeing a huge crowd having fun while knowing some folks are upset and alone watching the same show at home.  

Oh, not anyone here. I'm talking about other weirdos. Honestly. Seriously. Like, I'm being totally straight with this explanation that's a sarcastic attempt at  diffusing the inevitable "fuck you" response from jaded weirdos who watch TV shows they don't enjoy. 

But not here.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I'm fast forwarding through a lot of this show because I just don't have time for all of it. But that Joe/ AJ match was fucking awesome. 

And despite the fast forwarding, it's fucking weirdly hilarious to look at online bitching about this show. It was basically "The Big Event" 2018. Successful as fuck no matter how obsessive hate watching weirdos feel about it. It's almost adorable seeing a huge crowd having fun while knowing some folks are upset and alone watching the same show at home.  

Oh, not anyone here. I'm talking about other weirdos. Honestly. Seriously. Like, I'm being totally straight with this explanation that's a sarcastic attempt at  diffusing the inevitable "fuck you" response from jaded weirdos who watch TV shows they don't enjoy. 

But not here.

I had a bad weekend. Like tore something spiritually.

I saw the show was on and wanted something simple to watch. I came to see Joe vs AJ and it delivered. 

8 minutes ago, Victator said:

That is what Hunter would reference in the late 90's as wanting to avoid.

Quite often, we turn into what we hate the most. 

Ex: A son turning out like his alcoholic, drug addict, deadbeat father

I've avoided the last one by not helping to procreate.

If that's the case I'm going to turn into Randy Orton.

I'm about halfwayish through the show. I'm just passed AJ vs Joe which was really darn good I thought him and Joe had a really good match, AJ making Joe tap was poetic justice for the months of Jow fucking with AJ's family. If this was the good old days AJ would have made Joe bleed and left him in a pool of his blood but this is the PG Era. The show up to this point is good nothing out of the ordinary but nothing bad. Lashley and Cena vs Owens and Elias was what i thought it was gonna be, 6 moves of doom! Cena is on his way out, I don't mind him showing up for these big international shows in between movies and like everyone else has said it was nice of JBL to let John borrow his hair for this show. IIconics going over in Australia was really cool, New Day vs Bar and Becky Charlotte were also good nothing special but nothing awful. I find it funny that Becky got a monster face reaction and they still go with Becky pulling the heel and getting the DQ hitting Charlotte  with the belt. The more Becky acts like a heel the stronger the fan support is.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

But not here.

Do these people happen to post at a site that rhymes with credit? 

1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

Breadit? I didn't think they talked about wrestling there only bread.

Shredit

It's a site with locations for document shredding events. Sometimes we dabble in wrestling over there and Seinfeld, usually when a bride-to-be has died from licking toxic envelopes for wedding invitations or the Penske file.

• Like 3

That in turn were shredded.

Seinfeld is classic bro I don't get why some get upset at the references. What other television show that has been off the air for 20 years gets aids for syndication broadcasts on city buses?

The first episode of Seinfeld aired July 5th 1989 I was born July 18th 1989. Seinfeld and I are roughly the same age.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Shredit

It's a site with locations for document shredding events. Sometimes we dabble in wrestling over there and Seinfeld, usually when a bride-to-be has died from licking toxic envelopes for wedding invitations or the Penske file.

Shreddit is what they call /r/metal and it's almost as bad as the wrestling one. The hip thing now is to pretend Master of Puppets "wasn't that good." FOH..

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Shreddit is what they call /r/metal and it's almost as bad as the wrestling one. The hip thing now is to pretend Master of Puppets "wasn't that good." FOH..

So, it was all downhill after Kill 'Em All?

8 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I guarantee that I have the most elitist, prickish taste in metal of anyone on here and not even I can say that.

• Like 1