DVDVR Message Board

Super Show-Down - 10/6/2018

Web Conn

As noted on the shows, due to the time difference, this show will air Saturday morning in the States.   5 am ET/2am PT.   (I think that means 11am GMT, but I can't be arsed to look it up.  Figure it out wankers.)

Stupid time zones.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

As noted on the shows, due to the time difference, this show will air Saturday morning in the States.   5 am ET/2am PT.   (I think that means 11am GMT, but I can't be arsed to look it up.  Figure it out wankers.)

Stupid time zones.

I sense hostility in you from across the pond. Pillock. 

; p

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/3/2018 at 10:16 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Stupid time zones.

I'm actually pretty excited about it. I go out drinking Friday nights and don't usually get home til about 4 anyway, so this is gonna be kinda cool. Im gonna have a night cap, fix a big ass breakfast, and probably enjoy myself wayyyy more than the average sunday night PPV. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2018 at 10:16 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Stupid time zones.

GMT is +5 ET (depending on daylight saving)

It is really interesting to me to think about the names that you would have assumed were locks to be on this show who aren't gonna be there

• Finn Balor
  • Sasha Banks
  • Randy Orton
  • Kurt Angle
  • Big Show
  • Bayley
  • Shinsuke Nakamura
  • Matt Hardy
  • Jeff Hardy
  • Bray Wyatt
  • Nia Jax
  • Sami Zayn

(The reason I mention Angle and Show is because they (along with Banks) were all specifically named as part of the original announcement in June)

Obviously some are injury related but still

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It is really interesting to me to think about the names that you would have assumed were locks to be on this show who aren't gonna be there

• Finn Balor
  • Sasha Banks
  • Randy Orton
  • Kurt Angle
  • Big Show
  • Bayley
  • Shinsuke Nakamura
  • Matt Hardy
  • Jeff Hardy
  • Bray Wyatt
  • Nia Jax
  • Sami Zayn

(The reason I mention Angle and Show is because they (along with Banks) were all specifically named as part of the original announcement in June)

Obviously some are injury related but still

If I remember right, Shane O Mac was also in the original ads. I definitely thought they were going to find a spot for Kurt on the show.

2 hours ago, FlaeBlazer said:

Is that a disappointment? Doesn’t the stadium hold 100k? How many empty seats would there be with the setup?

Itll be patchy (most sold in the two cheapest levels) but with sheer size of ground I suspect it should look OK.

Its 60k without being papered either. Was fully expecting discount tickets to occur and they havent. Global Warning wasnt hard to find a freebie. Hardly any here.

Well Buddy Murphy vs Cedrick and Shield vs Dolph/Drew/Braun was awesome.   The rest of the show as straight house show-ish which given how it was booked on RAW and Smackdown is pretty dumb.   

The only redeeming factor of a 5 minute Bryan win over Miz is how is Miz going to fuck over Bryan in Saudi Arabia

I have a feeling I might be in the minority, but I actually thought HHH vs Taker was kinda fun  (Though some of that chair stuff reeeeeallly dragged). It was just junk comfort food. I have basically the same opinion I had about the HHH/Sting match. Its the equivalent of eating a dish of cereal and watching the price is right on a snow day. Yeah, it sucks Taker didn't actually retire after Mania because the send off was so pitch-perfect, but whatever. It's a work anyway who gives a shit. Flair had the greatest send off ever and turned around and worked at TNA til he was 90 and bled every single night and worked in a pair of slacks. The only people who should outright hate this match are people who somehow idiotically thought they were getting something on par with their Mania matches 10 years later or whatever. Or also I guess people who were pissed about the length of Miz/Bryan too, but that's it.

• Like 2

Paid $300 for what I thought were pretty decent seas on level 2 only to have the centre of the ring obstructed due to the stupid marquee. A raised or more defined entrance way (or at least showing the entrances on one of the video boards) would’ve also added to the experience, but that is probably to be expected in a stadium that big. Apart from that the experience of going to a big show was pretty good. The crowd around me weren’t that vocal (and neither was I) but again I figure that is more due to the distance because the crowd on the ground seemed pretty enthusiastic, although as the show went on (and the drunker the crowd got) there was a bit more atmosphere in my area. Even after having been to hundreds of football games there, it still struck me just how big the place was seeing the wide open expanses of that ground with a legit 10-15k or so on the ground, but still having massive pockets of space around them.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FlaeBlazer said:

Undertaker/HHH may be the worst match of the year. When Renee said, “this is sickening”, I nodded in agreement.

I wasn't planning on it, but I might watch this show out of morbid curiosity to pass the time on the treadmill at the gym.

• Haha 1