DVDVR Message Board

CEO card Daytona Beach 6/29

Jenalysis

• 2 weeks later...

Per last Thursday’s observer this show will be streamed live on CEO’s twitch.

The 6/29 show in Daytona Beach promoted by Kenny Omega in conjunction with the CEO Fighting Game is meant to be a pretty simple five match two plus hour show that will stream live on the CEO Twitch Channel. Ticket sales were slow and the idea is to try and draw from the gamers already there and get a walk-up, but the Ocean Center with 8,000 seats is tough to fill with much of the talent either in the U.K. and going head-to-head with the ROH PPV show. The card has Omega & Kota Ibushi vs. Tetsuya Naito & Hiromu Takahashi, Sho & Yoh vs. Dragon Lee & Ryusuke Taguchi, Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa vs. Juice Robinson & David Finlay, Jushin Liger vs. Rocky Romero and Jeff Cobb vs. Chase Owens. The idea is to try some new things with the show to appeal of a gamer audience. There will also be two pre-show matches, one using local talent and another using Michael Nakazawa

Guest Edwin

I'll be there tonight. I'm not a current New Japan fan by any chance (but this may spark my interest in their current product), but I just mostly want to go for the novelty of attending a New Japan show and because of I'm a huge Liger fan, so it's going to be cool watching him live for the first time.

It does feel a bit like a game of "pin the junior", doesn't it? Though Naito--if indeed he's beating Kenny at the G1 opener--could drop here. I can't see the GL losing, in any case, since this is Omega's show, his fanbase, and he's gotta close the show with a sliiiiightly self indulgent promo.

• Haha 1

The seats are the least of their issues.   Booking a match between Chasyn Rance a registered sex offender vs Aaron Epic who was accused of domestic abuse is much much worse idea.  And chances are Michael Elgin is in the back laughing his ass off.   Apparently they are using Rance's ring.  Apparently in Florida only scumbags have wrestling rings

At least the crowd is massive. I've got both this and ROH running simultaneously but I'm going to stick with ROH until the good shit starts. 

Liger vs. Romero was fun however. Nice solid opener. I'm sad that Liger won't be at SF. 

Guest Edwin
11 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

At least the crowd is massive.

Not to be THAT guy, but it's actually not. It's bigger than your average indy crowd, but it's not massive.

Guest Edwin
4 minutes ago, EVA said:

Every match has had so much stalling.

Yeah, between that and the endless gaga of 85% of the fans in the crowd trying to get themselves over, this has been a pretty horrible show.

Guest Edwin

Yikes, that Ibushi sunset flip powerbomb bump on the floor and the Naito head drop near the end were gross.