DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Ruff Ruff Ref - 6/12/2018

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

That's a pretty good idea, though now that I think about it I wonder if they're going to try doing a battle between the two 4 Horsewomen groups.  Initially I heard Summerslam as a possibility, but Marina and Jessamyn just getting on board it might take more time before they can consider doing this type of match.  So either a Survivor Series match or might as well just save the match for Wrestlemania.

I don't want Shayna Baszler rushed to main roster. Her nxt run has been perfect so far.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I would love a heels vs faces Raw and SD women's tag match at Survivor, not Raw vs. SD

SD match: Asuka, Charlotte, Becky, Naomi, Lana vs. The IIconics, Sonya, Mandy, Carmella

Raw match: Ronda, Sasha, Ember, Bayley, Nattie vs. The Riott Squad, Alexa, Mickie James

Nia gets left off because fuck Nia Jax for being awful.

That's a fine idea, but we all know good and well that Survivor Series is the only time Raw and Smackdown go head to head!

37 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

That's a fine idea, but we all know good and well that Survivor Series is the only time Raw and Smackdown go head to head...until the Royal Rumble.

Fine, then make the Survivor Series tag match inter-brand since the tag divisions aren't deep enough for a Raw tag and SD tag matches. As of now, I'd go with this:

Bludgeon Brothers, Sanity, Gallows & Anderson, Usos, New Day vs. Authors of Pain, Deleters of Worlds, The Revival, McZiggler, B-Team.

37 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Circling back here.   Is...   is this it?   

Is Rusev officially a face now?  

Rusev is a face in the hearts of millions. One sociopath, hillbilly from North Carolina trying to escape who he is can't tell us otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Circling back here.   Is...   is this it?   

Is Rusev officially a face now?  

I'm not gonna root against a dude who loves his momma.

Except Cornette.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RIShane said:

I'm quite interested in what WWE is going to do with the women's matches at Survivor Series this year, I think there's a strong chance they'll do something to tease Charlotte/Ronda whether its a sequence in a Raw vs SDL match or something else. A 4HW vs 4HW match feels like something they'd be more likely to do next year unless Jessamyn and Marina make rapid progress in the Performance Center. I also think Bayley would need some stronger booking for a while to fit in better, given how far she's dropped down the card in the last year.

Bayley/Banks/Flair/Lynch vs 4 Horsewomen - Charlotte as SDL champ picks her team. Rhonda as RAW champ picks hers. This would be the main event & the FIRST EVER HISTORIC ALL FEMALE WAR GAMES!!!

THE HISTORIC FIRST EVER 7 ON 7 BIGGEST WOMEN'S SURVIVOR SERIES MATCH EVER !! -RAW (Jax, Natalya, Alexa, Riott Squad, Moon) vs SDL (Naomi, Carmella, Rose, DeVille, IIconics & Asuka) - Moon and Asuka sweep each others teams and then we get them 1 v 1 for 10 mins with Moon finally pinning Asuka with the Eclipse. #wwemoment

• Like 1

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

Bayley/Banks/Flair/Lynch vs 4 Horsewomen - Charlotte as SDL champ picks her team. Rhonda as RAW champ picks hers. This would be the main event & the FIRST EVER HISTORIC ALL FEMALE WAR GAMES!!!

THE HISTORIC FIRST EVER 7 ON 7 BIGGEST WOMEN'S SURVIVOR SERIES MATCH EVER !! -RAW (Jax, Natalya, Alexa, Riott Squad, Moon) vs SDL (Naomi, Carmella, Rose, DeVille, IIconics & Asuka) - Moon and Asuka sweep each others teams and then we get them 1 v 1 for 10 mins with Moon finally pinning Asuka with the Eclipse. #wwemoment

I like my fantasy booking. Just wrestling with no forced moments.

17 hours ago, odessasteps said:

What about Buff?

Ew.  No.

16 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What about Ernest Miller? He did want someone to call his mama after all.

I'm alright with The Cat.

Also acceptable: Shelton Benjamin, Brodus Clay

9 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I said it last week and I was told I'm wrong and I'm sure nobody's mind was changed but I see more potential in Mandy/Sonya than I'm seeing with Peyton/Billie.   I watch the IIconics and they are entertaining but poor offense and poor selling.  

IMO, Sonya has the highest ceiling of any of the newer SDL women. Her offense is already solid with a couple of high-impact moves and as shown with matches against Naomi and Asuka, she can be correctly positioned by her opponent and not drag down anything. The IIconics are going to run into the problem of their schtick getting old fast. It's one thing to hate an annoying heel. It's another if you hope they come down with laryngitis. 

12 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I said it last week and I was told I'm wrong and I'm sure nobody's mind was changed but I see more potential in Mandy/Sonya than I'm seeing with Peyton/Billie.   I watch the IIconics and they are entertaining but poor offense and poor selling.  

Last week you implied they were already there which was ridiculous. Potential wise I completely agree on Sonya while the jury is still out on Mandy

On 6/12/2018 at 9:00 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

I sincerely hope we get Shelton-DB for 20 minutes at some point down the line.  That was quite the fun little match. 

Everyone else is sleeping on this. That was a quality TV match with fine limbwork and selling from both guys.

Unfortunately though, Shelton is suffering from the red + black gear bug that somebody else on here has complained way too many guys on the roster are suffering from, thus making it look like him and Bryan are feuding tag partners.

Is there a rule that the winner of MITB has to take the briefcase of their respective brand or can they grab either? Just thinking of Joe/Lesnar...

• Like 1