DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Ruff Ruff Ref - 6/12/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Ruff Ruff Ref would easily the best film to ever carry the WWE Films banner.   That's not even a joke. 

I sincerely hope we get Shelton-DB for 20 minutes at some point down the line.  That was quite the fun little match. 

• Like 3

I really liked the ten woman tag, but I hope we get swerved and Asuka winning tonight won't mean she loses to Carmella. Carmella is possibly the worst member of the SD women's roster in terms of in-ring work. She is an effective heel you want to see get beat, but as a wrestler, she might be slighty above Lana and Mandy Rose. Maybe.

Hopefully after MITB, Mandy, Sonya, and the IIconics get more of a push. Not everyone can be in the title picture. Both Raw and Smackdown have enough women to support a women's tag title.

C*ss is still awful. That backstage segment was about as bad as the Sami/Lashley segments on Raw. Bryan needs to rip one of C*ss' arms off and beat him mercilessly with it.

I'm sticking with my pick that Joe is winning the MITB.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

I still love the IIconics. Thought they were hilarious tonight and their best showing on the main roster so far. Main event was a lot of fun, that heel team ruled. Sonya and Mandy are great together.

I would love Mandy, Sonya, and the IIconics working together on a semi-regular basis to wreak havoc on those they perceive getting preferential treatment from Paige.

• Like 3

I enjoyed the main event too. Glad that they did't just go with another 4 way match and went with something different. I know Carmella is not the greatest in-ring wise but she's great with the other stuff. You just can't wait to see someone beat her. I really liked the chemistry with the her and the other heel team and would like to see them all working together more. 

10 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I really liked the ten woman tag, but I hope we get swerved and Asuka winning tonight won't mean she loses to Carmella. Carmella is possibly the worst member of the SD women's roster in terms of in-ring work. She is an effective heel you want to see get beat, but as a wrestler, she might be slighty above Lana and Mandy Rose. Maybe.

It would be difficult to convince me that Carmella is better in the ring than Mandy Rose.  

Carmella is ok on the mic and a decent heel, I guess, but she's basically a poor man's (woman's) Alexa Bliss.  I don't have any real desire to see more of Alexa.  Carmella may literally be the last woman I'd give a push to on the Smackdown roster (Lana doesn't have much upside either, but will get a reaction as long as Rusev Day is a thing).

Speaking of Lana, did they release Tamina and I didn't notice?

29 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Speaking of Lana, did they release Tamina and I didn't notice?

I believe she tore her rotator cuff after the Royal Rumble and had surgery.

Yes - she is out injured still.

Honestly at this point she could be one of those people who will never come back and they are just waiting out her contract

32 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

I don't have any real desire to see more of Alexa.

Speak for yourself, sir.  And yes, I know I need to settle down.  But of those you mentioned Mandy is rapidly improving and in no time will be better than Alexa and Carmella.  And it's not a slight on Alexa at all as I like her heeling it up in matches.

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I would love Mandy, Sonya, and the IIconics working together on a semi-regular basis to wreak havoc on those they perceive getting preferential treatment from Paige.

This is something I wish they did better with the Riott Squad.  There was potential when they were going against the established women but it never got where it needed to be.  But it seems they're doing better on Raw.  But Mandy and Iiconics as a glam squad with Sonya as the enforcer would be an interesting dynamic and I hope they go that route.  And I'm half tempted to put Carmella in with them (it's more she likes them than anything else) which with time would lead to a good Survivor Series match.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

It would be difficult to convince me that Carmella is better in the ring than Mandy Rose.  

Upon further review and rewatching some Mandy, Mandy is definitely above Carmella's in-ring ability.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Speak for yourself, sir.  And yes, I know I need to settle down.  But of those you mentioned Mandy is rapidly improving and in no time will be better than Alexa and Carmella.  And it's not a slight on Alexa at all as I like her heeling it up in matches.

This is something I wish they did better with the Riott Squad.  There was potential when they were going against the established women but it never got where it needed to be.  But it seems they're doing better on Raw.  But Mandy and Iiconics as a glam squad with Sonya as the enforcer would be an interesting dynamic and I hope they go that route.  And I'm half tempted to put Carmella in with them (it's more she likes them than anything else) which with time would lead to a good Survivor Series match.

I would love a heels vs faces Raw and SD women's tag match at Survivor, not Raw vs. SD

SD match: Asuka, Charlotte, Becky, Naomi, Lana vs. The IIconics, Sonya, Mandy, Carmella

Raw match: Ronda, Sasha, Ember, Bayley, Nattie vs. The Riott Squad, Alexa, Mickie James

Nia gets left off because fuck Nia Jax for being awful.

• Like 2

That's a pretty good idea, though now that I think about it I wonder if they're going to try doing a battle between the two 4 Horsewomen groups.  Initially I heard Summerslam as a possibility, but Marina and Jessamyn just getting on board it might take more time before they can consider doing this type of match.  So either a Survivor Series match or might as well just save the match for Wrestlemania.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

That's a pretty good idea, though now that I think about it I wonder if they're going to try doing a battle between the two 4 Horsewomen groups.  Initially I heard Summerslam as a possibility, but Marina and Jessamyn just getting on board it might take more time before they can consider doing this type of match.  So either a Survivor Series match or might as well just save the match for Wrestlemania.

I'm quite interested in what WWE is going to do with the women's matches at Survivor Series this year, I think there's a strong chance they'll do something to tease Charlotte/Ronda whether its a sequence in a Raw vs SDL match or something else. A 4HW vs 4HW match feels like something they'd be more likely to do next year unless Jessamyn and Marina make rapid progress in the Performance Center. I also think Bayley would need some stronger booking for a while to fit in better, given how far she's dropped down the card in the last year.

• Like 1