DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Baron Corbin's Barber - 6/11/2018

Dolfan in NYC

15 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

You know what annoys me? When wrestlers get their hair cut in anything other than a hair vs hair/mask match. At least make some money off it you fucking dolt!

Corbin vs Hawkins is right there!

Imagine the pop and the WWE Moment *tm* for Hawkins breaking his losing streak AND costing Corbin his hair.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

What was funny was Owens yelling "I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY!" at Braun when he caught the ladder. Man knows his ad libbing

To be fair, that's mostly KO's Canadian upbringing, making sure he apologizes for everything. 

• Like 3

I also enjoyed the women's 4 way. Nice to see them get some time and there was some cool counter stuff to their usual spots. I also liked Bayley/Ruby. I've been high on Ruby ever since NXT so I dig this push. 

I can't wait for this Nia/Ronda stuff to end. Everyone has looked badly, especially Nia. She was doing so good, leading into Mania, but has not really been connecting since winning the title. And this direction didn't help at all.  

I guess I'm in the minority who thinks Corbin looks like a doofus with his new haircut.  His long hair would've been a terrible look for your average Joe walking down the street, but for a sleazebag heel wrestler, it was perfect, distinctive.  Now he just looks like a generic dude.  Like some random ex-jock who just got his first office job.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, EVA said:

I guess I'm in the minority who thinks Corbin looks like a doofus with his new haircut.  His long hair would've been a terrible look for your average Joe walking down the street, but for a sleazebag heel wrestler, it was perfect, distinctive.  Now he just looks like a generic dude.  Like some random ex-jock who just got his first office job.

From reddit:  "Corbin looks like a bouncer that's finally getting a chance to try his hand at bartending during a midday shift at an upscale whiskey joint."

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

People are sleeping on Elias' oral destruction of Seth Rollins:

He's the Architect, but he tells us to Burn It Down

Make up your damn mind, Seth; these are the worst nicknames around.

"Seth Freakin' Rollins"; am I supposed to think that's cool?

And I get it, you do Crossfit. So I definitely know that you're a tool.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Thought it was a step up from the last few episodes of Raw and I enjoyed the women's 4-way match, but it was still heavily marred by filler and tedious segments (Sami/Lashley, Nia/Ronda) that just wouldn't end. The ending of Bayley/Riott also now has me worried that after MITB we're going to see Sasha and Ember helping her against the Squad, and all the teases/tension earlier this year will appear even more pointless. On a positive note, I thought that it had the best use of Kevin Owens in some time, from his banter with Balor (the highlight being him saying that Finn can't beat Braun alone, while he can, though it'd be "taxing" so that's why he's asking for help :lol:) to actually coming through on his promised teamwork against Braun Strowman and delivering a couple of nice frog splashes. The ending bothered me with Strowman looking cartoonishly strong, but I suppose they booked themselves into a corner.

Braun Stroman uses "lol" on his instagram and Baron Corbin cut his sleazebag heel hair. I'm starting to feel like Jim Cornette and longing for the days of guys getting heel heat by coming out in a box and jumping someone.

The Women’s fourway was the best match on the show. Just a wrestling match through and through. A lot of fun.

The Men’s fourway was a lot of fun too and wasn’t a bad match just relied on some gimmicks too much. Are there no rules in wrestling?

7 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

Braun Stroman uses "lol" on his instagram and Baron Corbin cut his sleazebag heel hair. I'm starting to feel like Jim Cornette and longing for the days of guys getting heel heat by coming out in a box and jumping someone.

Jim Cornette's angry old man hates everything new gimmick sucks. It's old and needs to be put down.

• Thanks 1