DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 9/27/13

victor

I want Cesaro/Swagger to come out to "Real American" just to see how the crowd reacts the first time it happens.

I was thinking of Kurt Angle's music, but hey whatever works. Hell I wouldn't mind seeing Kurt Angle in the Real American team.

I dig their current music, but I seriously think it needs patriotic lyrics sung by them.

Miz was nursing a storyline injury and Orton put a beating on him, 

The crowd hated Miz and cheered for Orton.

HAHAHA!!!!!

You had one job Miz.  Just not look like such a douche that people will actually cheer the biggest heel on the roster for assaulting you when you are injured and helpless.

Miz has an amazing resting doucheface. He could just sit in a corner doing nothing and people would boo him. I can't tell yet for what percentage of the audience this has turned into X-Pac heat.

This was a fun show and didn't drag on too much. Santino-Slater was ri-goddamn-diculous, but entertaining as all hell. The commentators had a ball with it - it reminded me of Lil Boogey vs. Hornswoggle years ago where JBL was amazed that such goofball shit was occurring inside a ring he sacrificed so much in. Shield 6-man was a bit short, but the main event was about perfect - Miz came off like a bigger star being cheated tonight.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/09/wwe-sd-9-27-13.html

Screens -

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/j0koeig0g0t1i3324gucgqe95s8mypsi

• Like 1

THOUGHTS:

1) BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA at HHH's Cleveland jet line. So great.

2) That ADR/R-Truth match was kinda really good  for a short match involving one of my least favorite dudes in R-Truth. I liked his Suplex Jawbreaker deal. ADR had a bunch of stiff kicks.

3) That PTP/Real Americans match was also a nice, fun match. Antonio's an absolute beast. The PTPs are really one serious push away from being something huge. Just have to wait because the Usos are in the same exact spot but work better since they can fly a bit. I loved D-Young putting over the ankle lock like his foot was about to rip off.

4) I usually hate Zach Ryder but he's had his working shoes on lately. Bray looked really good in the squash. I loved him just throwing Z real reckless in the Rough Ryder attempt. Bray wrestles so well as his character -- his crazy man laugh, etc.

5) Man, I somewhat think The Shield are underrated. Legit question -- when was the last time a stale had as many great matches as these guys? The Horsemen? Every single show they're in great, great, stuff. They already must have enough material for four comp tapes. They've all had awesome singles and tag matches. But their six-men stuff is just the best. If I was a WWE Superstar (and I'm not), I would LOVE to work with those dudes. They'll take your stuff, make you look like you're a world beater, etc. They do all of this entertaining trash talk. I'd imagine at house shows they say the craziest stuff just to try and crack everyone up. I loved Reigns tonight talking to Dolph like he was training a dog. And all of their matches, they win by either stealing wins. This match was amazing. Dolph made them look insanely great. RVD fits into the formula really well because he can do his dives and since it's chaotic it works. Even Kofi gets over in these matches because he's a good corner man and has fun offense and he has three dudes the crowd hates who will bump for him.I firggin' love these guys so much. Just night in and night out, they put on at least minor classics. I can't even remember half the awesome they've done. These guys seriously deserve a lot of credit -- the WWE has been on a tear all year with match quality, and they're THE reason why. Daniel Bryan became what he is now after he was the first person to pin a Shield member. He's also the only one who has figured out how to beat them. He's the most over dude in a decade. There you go.

6) HHH was a total SuperDick against Big Show. I loved him running down the potential career opportunities for The Big Show and also talking to him like he was "special" for being a really big dude. The pop they're going to get when he nuts up and punches HHH in the jaw is going to be great. On the other hand, I'm sure the corporate WWE has some sort of deal with ADP or another third-party service for mental health counseling. I've had like 12 jobs where they had a phone number you can call for some sort of emotional help. I would love if Brad Maddox came to Show with an HR pamphlet and told him about his mental health options.

7) Here's a question/problem I have with the Funkadactyls: DO THEY EVEN LIKE FUNK? I get kayfabe why they'd join up with Broadus and Tensai. It's a job and it's fun and you're cheering on two good dudes. But in your solo career, do you really have to still get introduced as hailing from Planet Funk? Can't you just come from, like, 'Montclair, New Jersey" or wherever when you're solo. It's pretty clear out of that whole group that Broadus is the only one who actually likes funk music. I always thought Tensai liked dancing a little bit more.

8) Camron (or however you spell it) looks like she was barely trained. Oh my god, she's awful. Her crossbody was so hysterically bad. Her split pin after dumb dancing was really bad. "Hey, do you know what move will really put an opponent down? I'll dance for a minute or so and then gently fall on them in a split and will cover them in a pinfall attempt that lets them have not one but TWO shoulders free!" Even with that, AJ puts together something somewhat watchable. Tamina as AJ's enforcer is great. She has the size over the other girls and looks like a total bad-ass in her leather jacket. It gives Tamina something to do that she can't really screw up -- just hit someone hard on the outside.I loved AJ screaching at Naomi "CAN I HELP YOU?" when she was trying to interfere. Great line.

AJ really deserves a lot better. The WWE divas division isn't exactly a worker's division and never has been. I've never seen AJW or Shimmer and I'm sure those leagues are better from an actual in-ring perspective. But you still are devoting time to women's wrestling. Can you at least get one other girl who at least likes wrestling?9) Not sure how I feel about the racial stereotypes of Indian dudes charming snakes but that was a great goofball comedy match.

10) Good ending segment. HHH and Randy are such creeps. I would have tweaked it a bit differently. I would have had a doctor or someone pleading with HHH to stop the match. And at the end, after Randy rolled Miz into the ring, he should have gone for a 3-count and lifted him at 2 and then hit the RKO.I'll take this, though. Enjoyable quality show. Thank you and have a good night!

• Like 5

I've been watching WWE programming for the past 2 weeks and one think that really caught my attention is how small the roster is compared to 5 years ago.

Faces: Bryan, Punk, Ziggler, Ryder, Kofi, RVD, R-Truth, Miz, Santino, Gabriel, Usos, PTP, Funks.

Heels: Orton, Del Rio, Shield, Patriots, Ryback, Axel, Fandango.

and Big Show.

That's like 27 dudes, plus 8-10 girls. Pretty small.

How many dudes are injured right now?

Cena, Sheamus, Christian, Henry, Sin Cara and Rey(maybe?) for the full time dudes.  Kane is making a movie.  

The roster seems so small because they rely on old names and part time guys for WM season and the other big shows.  It's definitely the thinnest face roster I can remember.

Speaking of part time guys, if you just started watching again two weeks ago I really recommend watching Lesnar's stuff from the last year or two. Punk/Lesnar at SS is my MOTY so far.

9) Not sure how I feel about the racial stereotypes of Indian dudes charming snakes but that was a great goofball comedy match.

They could have had Hornswaggle lead the snakes out of the ring.

I've been watching WWE programming for the past 2 weeks and one think that really caught my attention is how small the roster is compared to 5 years ago.

Faces: Bryan, Punk, Ziggler, Ryder, Kofi, RVD, R-Truth, Miz, Santino, Gabriel, Usos, PTP, Funks.

Heels: Orton, Del Rio, Shield, Patriots, Ryback, Axel, Fandango.

and Big Show.

That's like 27 dudes, plus 8-10 girls. Pretty small.

How many dudes are injured right now?

For heels: Sandow

• Like 1