DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] June 6, 2018 TV Show

Peck

I love Shayna. She's probably in my Top-5 performers in WWE right now. But that whole segment with Nikki seemed... off for me. I'm not sure if it was her improvising or a terrible script but Shayna didn't come off well at all in that promo(repeating the "if you ever pull this stunt again.." line what, 3 times?) and I get that Nikki is unpredictable and all, but a High-Cross Body in the middle of a brawl? Where did that come from?  lol  Now the pull-apart at the end with Johhny & Ciampa? THAT was a brawl.

My favorite part of the show was TM61 pulling an Abe Simpson in the background when they walked in to the Performance Center during the middle of Lars's training session. 

zGHQb4O.gif?2

• Like 1

Outside of Shayna's weird line repeats I thought the Nikki segment was good. I like how Nikki throws Shayna off her game.

I continue to dig the heel turn of the Mighty. I like that name far more than TM61. Loved them coming in during Lars training vid only to walk right the hell back out as they see him destroying folks.

Strong/Burch was neat and a good showing for Burch.

Kairi/Lacey was nice. Loved Lacey having Kairi's name on her right hand. The blocked bitch slap attempt was a neat moment. Hope they find a decent feud for both of them after this.

Ciampa/Gargano was another fine segment between the two.

• Like 1

I’m glad that after like the third or fourth time TM-61 said over different shows that people would start calling them The Mighty, the announcers finally picked up on the name change.

When that last guy came into the ring with Lars, for a sit second I thought “Roman Reigns?!?”

I believe that may have been Shayna's first time with a love mic in front of Full Sail. I may be wrong.

But she was obviously not comfortable. Looked like she was thrown off with some of the crowd actively cheering for her.

Also, it reminded me so much of comics in the early part of a stand-up career (or actors/actresses). She was thinking what to say in terms of her lines instead of reacting organically. She was thinking "how do I react to these fans cheering me, I am a villain" instead of a natural reaction.

That happens. She is still learning. She is great in taped segments. It is ridiculous how good she is at her character.  But live requires a little more work. She will get there.

But the overall segment was great. Shayna's reactions to Nikki were wonderful. She had no idea what to make of her. I loved her flinch when Nikki acted like she was going to attack. Perfect comeuppance to a bully.

• Like 1

Weird thought, but I think Shayna has the most adorable voice. If this whole wrestling thing doesn't work out, she's got a future in doing voice work for cartoons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Mighty are so much better as heels. I wish Nick Miller had a little more flair to him, he looks like someone who would be doing jobs on WWF Superstars in the early 90s. 

Shayna being baffled by Nikki was great. "Screaming weirdo female" character has been done a lot but Nikki has really made it work for her.

• Like 2

Liked this week's Kairi/Lacey match a lot after not caring for the last one, also the first time I've been impressed by Lacey, good match. Nikki/Shayna segs doing a great job making their match feel bigger, originally felt like just a throwaway title defense. Nikki was perfect here.

@Craig H yeah Shayna's voice is closer to villain in kids cartoon than angry wrestling lady. Jinder has that problem at times too which takes away from his promos.

I ended up watching this episode with my girlfriend while we were making dinner (she barely watched during the attitude era) and she instantly disliked Evans and loved The Dream.

On 6/7/2018 at 12:05 AM, Peck said:

I love Shayna. She's probably in my Top-5 performers in WWE right now. But that whole segment with Nikki seemed... off for me.

I agree with this. I think it was a combination of Shayna acting out of her range (probably the first time she's ever been told to act scared) in a live setting and Nikki's Shane-esque punches being really glaring against a good striker. Nikki doing an overly corny belly laugh after the flinch instead of just continuing to stare her down with crazy eyes was a probably a mistake too. The framework for a good feud is there with the arrogant dominant champ against someone too crazy to be intimidated, but the execution has been lacking so far. It can all be forgiven if they do a Benoit/Raven style finish where Nikki laughs until she passes out in a submission, though.