DVDVR Message Board

A General RIP Thread

RIPPA

I realized that sometimes there isn't a "good" place for these types of things (I first thought about it when Alan Bean passed away last week.)

So I guess here...

Kate Spade found dead in her apartment of an apparent suicide.

I'm sure I'm not the only one around here whose house is littered with random Kate Spade accessories. 

The really messed up part is she apparently hung herself with her own scarf.   

Remember, there is always help for you out there.   And you're never alone.   If you need to talk to someone, the US National Suicide Prevention Hotline is:

800-273-8255

• Like 9

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

I was dreading following those posts with that news

Damn, this one hurts.

Long story short this one hurts.  He was one of the coolest TV personalities I've seen and what helped was that there wasn't a hint of bullshit in what he was putting out there.  I appreciated that and also the way he would tell this wonderful story that just sucked you right in and next thing you know you wonder where the time went.  Add to that the causes that he supported and you just have somebody that seemed like a truly wonderful guy.  I'm beyond saddened about his passing and wish there was just some way for him to not go that route.  RIP Anthony.

2 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Read a couple of his memoirs(kitchen confidential and its sequel), and haven't watched his shows, but goddamn it sucks. . . .

Saturday night would be a good start, since they’re running his favorite episodes. 

I'm so saddened by this one. It's one of those I didn't think would happen and I worried more about him relapsing and od'ing more than anything. Seemed like he has so much sorted out and now this...

So I thought I'd be merely misty eyed seeing the tribute show. I was so, so wrong. While there were a lot of cool points it absolutely wrecked us many times over.

Godfuckingdamnit this hurts a shitton.

17 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Aw God damn it. 

Anthony Bourdain has died.  The reported cause is suicide. 

Holy fuck.  He and Asia Argento looked so happy in the photos on their Instagram account.  I guess you never know what's going on inside someone's head.

This one hurts.  Parts Unknown was one of my favorite shows and it seems like yesterday that my dojo celebrated Anthony receiving his blue belt in BJJ..

RIP to a cultured man who helped people live vicariously through his travels around the world.

32 minutes ago, piranesi said:

So fucking help me if Ackroyd is the only person from that movie who lives forever.

The year is 2075. Our natural resources stripped and the great nuclear fire having scarred the earth, the remaining tribal communities of survivors believe that nothing has survived out in the wasteland. But there are tall tales and rumors of a hermit living inside a giant crystal skull bottle, blasting Sam & Dave records, hollering about UFOs, and trying to negotiate cave wall shadow puppet remakes of his intellectual properties with local mutant gangs. 

Spoiler

5799156_std.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

The year is 2075. Our natural resources stripped and the great nuclear fire having scarred the earth, the remaining tribal communities of survivors believe that nothing has survived out in the wasteland. But there are tall tales and rumors of a hermit living inside a giant crystal skull bottle, blasting Sam & Dave records, hollering about UFOs, and trying to negotiate cave wall shadow puppet remakes of his intellectual properties with local mutant gangs. 

Reveal hidden contents

5799156_std.jpg

Because Aykroyd. . .Aykroyd never changes. . .

• Like 1