DVDVR Message Board

Raw is On Plan B - 6/4/2018

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Nia Jax is Jenny Rose with an offense that makes no sense.

How is Nia like Jenny Rose? How does her offense make no sense? She is 6'0 tall, 272 lbs and crushes people. How does that not make sense?

That even Otunga was better than Coach says a lot.

I'm also amused at another user giving "mute it" as advice when they don't like what others post.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Maybe it's part my chronic depression and inability to find enthusiasm in anything but I hated this show. I've watched episodes of Sunset Beach that were more compelling than whatever this Lashley/Zayn feud is. But hey, Dominion is on Saturday. 

Liking this as my Mum used to enjoy watching Sunset Beach and Dominion is this week. Best wishes 're the depression.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Liking this as my Mum used to enjoy watching Sunset Beach and Dominion is this week. Best wishes 're the depression.

I'm still enjoying non WWE main roster stuff. I still love nxt. Plus, I think Impact is the best it's been since about 2005/2006. I'm enjoying various indies. I re-watched PCO vs. Walter from WM weekend this past weekend. Wrestling, Seinfeld, this board, a new therapist, a medication adjustment, and a temporary break from work have helped me a lot lately.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I know we all like to joke about what a disaster TNA was and how incompetent Dixie and her staff were, but TNA was able to use Lashley properly (minus the the stuff with America's Top Team). He was perfect as "The Destroyer". Lashley doesn't need to be cutting promos revolving around his family. Come in, destroy somebody, leave. Like Paul E. said, accentuate the positive and hide the negative.

Even Lashley's mic work turned the corner in that run, he became a fantastic promo guy. A real career year in 2016. Holding out hope we eventually can get to that kind of level again in WWE.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

To be fair, she may have jumped the gun on that stupid line as they went to break, so Vince and Dunn made her say it again, because it was such a great line to begin with. Idiots. 

Sort of reminded me of Bischoff’s scissors line to Sid. 

I see creative writing material for Nia and Ronda going a lot like this:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I see creative writing material for Nia and Ronda going a lot like this:

Her saying the line, and then having to say it again also reminded me of the Puerto Rican Day episode (come on TBS, just air the fucking thing), when George goes to the movies and tries get off that one-liner, it bombs, and he repeats it. Only to get one-upped by laser pointer guy. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I had to look up this game since I've never heard of it. I lost interest in video games when I was about 17. Crush Hour sounds terrible.

The plot of the game consists of Vince McMahon ending up having control over all of the television networks, making WWE superstars feature on any TV show or commercial that he wants. His newest project, titled "Crush Hour", is a demolition derby-style show

I give it high grades for realistic world-building though. I mean, he's like 30% of the way there.

4 hours ago, Rick said:

Maybe it's part my chronic depression and inability to find enthusiasm in anything but I hated this show. I've watched episodes of Sunset Beach that were more compelling than whatever this Lashley/Zayn feud is. But hey, Dominion is on Saturday. 

It’s not your depression, I’ve been feeling great and positive about a lot of things lately, see the weekly Impact threads, but this Raw was one of the worst shows I’ve ever seen.  

It felt like a 15 hour show. If it wasn’t for Rollins / Elias and strowman smashing a ladder I would have nothing positive to say about this show

• Like 3

I've been in the weaning off stages of a medication which made me a miserable bastard yesterday.  So having to force myself to pay attention to this for nothing really upped the miserable bastard part of me.  But that's how it goes sometimes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ultimo Necro said:

It’s not your depression, I’ve been feeling great and positive about a lot of things lately, see the weekly Impact threads, but this Raw was one of the worst shows I’ve ever seen.  

It felt like a 15 hour show. If it wasn’t for Rollins / Elias and strowman smashing a ladder I would have nothing positive to say about this show

Ruby Riott has been great since moving to Raw. I really hope Nattie's injury angle is a way to get Ruby in the ladder match.

• Like 2

I thought I was suffering from wrestling burnout but after reading this thread I think it's just Raw or WWE burnout. It's amazing they have so many wrestlers I want to see but can make a show I don't care to watch. I think it might be time for me to go back to not watching live so I can skip through half the show.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I was going off the height they usually claim.

I don't think they've actually claimed what her work height was. I remember thinking it was really strange (and still is) that she's the only female they announce their weight for.

1 hour ago, The Green Meanie said:

I don't think they've actually claimed what her work height was. I remember thinking it was really strange (and still is) that she's the only female they announce their weight for.

They say 6'0 when they mention her height.

16 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm still enjoying non WWE main roster stuff. I still love nxt. Plus, I think Impact is the best it's been since about 2005/2006. I'm enjoying various indies. I re-watched PCO vs. Walter from WM weekend this past weekend. Wrestling, Seinfeld, this board, a new therapist, a medication adjustment, and a temporary break from work have helped me a lot lately.

Feel same way about the board. Glad a new therapist and medicine is helping you. Hoping that will go for me. My letter came in April that my appointment is August. Long time to wait. Best wishes, matey.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Eivion said:

How is Nia like Jenny Rose? How does her offense make no sense? She is 6'0 tall, 272 lbs and crushes people. How does that not make sense?

Jenny is a big girl that uses big girl offense.  Nia displays her power a lot, but IMO really display too much big girl offense..