DVDVR Message Board

Raw is On Plan B - 6/4/2018

Dolfan in NYC

I sincerely doubt they're going to give Dallas & Axel the tag straps, but still good for them for making the PPV card. 

Also, Braun broke a ladder in twain with his bare hands.  All other considerations are secondary.  

tumblr_p9tt5nkeFV1u1ljrzo2_500.gif

tumblr_p9tt5nkeFV1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

• Like 4

My pick for thread title would have been Istanbul (not Constable Baron).

And I got so worn down by the Nia-Ronda, Sami-Lashley and Roman/Jinder segments, I decided the dishes weren't going to do themselves.

• Like 7

Maybe the AoP show up at MITB after the tag match and we pretend it's their main roster debut?

I'm looking forward to next week when Constable Corbin awards the match to the Riott Squad due to Bayley's interference.

7 minutes ago, Rev Ray said:

My pick for thread title would have been Istanbul (not Constable Baron).

And I got so worn down by the Nia-Ronda, Sami-Lashley and Roman/Jinder segments, I decided the dishes weren't going to do themselves.

You weren't the only one to do that. Previously undone household chores are grateful for Raw's vast amount of filler.

That said, Constable Corbin could be amusing. They may as well have Roman become Kurt's lackey and have CONSTABLE CORBIN vs DEPUTY BIG DAWG.

My goodness Otunga was a breath of fresh air tonight. I really enjoyed the Braun/Bob Roode match and that ladder spot was just fantastic. Totally called the B-Team win but I'm a little bummed it came at the expense of Slater/Rhyno.

I am a highly disappointed in my hometown tonight, however. That crowd sounded like a Dallas crowd, dead.

Braun/Roode was fun for the ladder smash and Roode's perfect reaction.

The women's match was fun though the stuff following it less so since it made everyone look stupid.

I do like Constable Corbin

I honestly skipped past most of Jinder/Roman, Ronda/Nia, and all of Sami/Lashley. I dislike one of them per say (closer to apathy with Jinder and Lashley), they just aren't interesting the way they are handled.

5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I honestly skipped past most of Jinder/Roman, Ronda/Nia, and all of Sami/Lashley. I dislike one of them per say (closer to apathy with Jinder and Lashley), they just aren't interesting the way they are handled.

But without Ronda/Nia, how would we know only Ronda's husband can call her ripe for the picking?

Seriously- you use the same line, twice, on commentary, that's bad.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Has any NXT callup been sent back down? (Permanently, not a one-off)

Emma was. Then called back up.

I'm wondering how what the bar is for who can fill that third seat and not be better than Coach. Booker is great on his own, but when he replaces Coach he sounds like an all-timer. Otunga is bad, but holy shit is he better then Coach. How low does it go? Mark Madden? Mongo?

42 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Maybe the AoP show up at MITB after the tag match and we pretend it's their main roster debut?

I'm looking forward to next week when Constable Corbin awards the match to the Riott Squad due to Bayley's interference.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'm wondering how what the bar is for who can fill that third seat and not be better than Coach. Booker is great on his own, but when he replaces Coach he sounds like an all-timer. Otunga is bad, but holy shit is he better then Coach. How low does it go? Mark Madden? Mongo?

Coach is on the all-time shit list with Art Donovan, Mark Madden, Mike Adamle, Mongo, Eric Bischoff, Todd Grisham, Rob Bartlett, and Todd Pettengill. Those are just the ones that immediately came to mind.

46 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

It's hard to believe how they have pretty much the best roster in history yet still put out such a snoozefest of a weekly show.

Poor Revival.  I hope the rumors of them going back to NXT are true.

Its a real shame they had those injuries last year, each time when they were on the cusp of a push. The main roster can be a harsh place.

The Revival will never work on Raw. They're way too 'rasslin for Vince. At least on Smackdown, they'd have New Day, Bludgeon Brothers, Usos, Gallows & Anderson, The Bar, and Sanity (eventually) to work with. 

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

"Snootchie bootchies, Tony, Snootchie Bootchies!"

Coach is terrible but as someone who watched every minute of WCW-era Mark Madden, I don't know if I can go that far.  

I watched about ten minutes of Raw during the Game 4 intermission and was startled at how it still managed to be slightly shittier than I was expecting.  I hope one of the jurors in the Punk trial watched that Nattie segment and went "They're still not taking injuries seriously! That poor woman got hurt and they sent Ronda Rousey and a ref out to help her and no one thought to call an EMT!"

• Like 1

I know we all like to joke about what a disaster TNA was and how incompetent Dixie and her staff were, but TNA was able to use Lashley properly (minus the stuff with America's Top Team). He was perfect as "The Destroyer". Lashley doesn't need to be cutting promos revolving around his family. Come in, destroy somebody, leave. Like Paul E. said, accentuate the positive and hide the negative.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1