DVDVR Message Board

UFC 225: Whittaker vs. Romero II (6/9/2018) - Chicago, IL (United Center)

Elsalvajeloco

Just now, twiztor said:

wow, definitely seems like a robbery for Esparza. couldn't hear a word Claudia said over all the boos

Carla had one moment in round one, clearly lost the second round, and won the third round. I had it 29-28 Gadelha.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, twiztor said:

wow, definitely seems like a robbery for Esparza. couldn't hear a word Claudia said over all the boos

How so? She won the first two rounds I thought. One good shot didn't override Claudia's dominance for the rest of the first round. 

that Punk fight was an absolute embarrassment. his striking was worse than rudimentary, his takedowns were horrendous, and whatever jiu jitsu he learned didn't show.

and Mike Jackson, while clearly superior, showed exactly nothing.

chalk that up as a loss on every level.

• Like 2

That was awful. 

I mean. I guess if you're a non-mma fan you can be like - look at that guy following his dream. Look at his heart.

But....that was still awful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Once he got tagged and froze in space I got super uncomfortable and I wanted Mike Jackson to finish it. That moment just felt like years of concussions coming to say "Hi Phil, we made some money, had some laughs, have a nice wife, won a court case, can't this be enough?"

• Like 2

I feel so bad for him. I don't want to keep watching Punk get his brains beat in like that. To me, he has nothing left to prove. I have 100% respect for him and he did something that just shouldn't do. It sucks to lose, but in time I hope he realizes he was braver than most. He's a divisive dude, but Chicago still loves Punk and so do I.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I feel so bad for him. I don't want to keep watching Punk get his brains beat in like that. To me, he has nothing left to prove. I have 100% respect for him and he did something that just shouldn't do. It sucks to lose, but in time I hope he realizes he was braver than most. He's a divisive dude, but Chicago still loves Punk and so do I.

Unless KSW is interested, no one is going to pay Punk half a million minimum to fight. The whole thing is done most likely.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Unless KSW is interested, no one is going to pay Punk half a million minimum to fight. The whole thing is done most likely.

Honestly, it's probably for the best. I would think that Punk is pragmatic enough to realize that getting paid for more concussions, more injuries, and so on to chase one win in MMA isn't worth it.

• Like 1

At least his gas tank isn't an obvious flaw. Smith was right to call out the fact he almost never sets up his power shots. That's no good.

Anderson is raw but with her striking and length there is a lot of potential there. She needs to work on her footwork so she can strike and be able to defend clinches and takedown attempts. 

10 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

No. She needs to learn grappling ASAP.

She is basically the Brandon Rios of female MMA. Her style requires you to just stand in front of her and fight her in a telephone booth as Jimmy Smith pointed out. Against lackluster fighters (which is roughly 90% of anyone who competes at women's featherweight), she can get that done. But in terms of talent, outside of being the size of a college football free safety,  she doesn't have a lot at her disposal besides frenetic brawling. Everything past minute one of the fight was exactly how I thought this would go.