DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 7/12/18 & 7/19/18

Impact Wrestling - Airing July 12, 2018 from Windsor, Ontario, Canada

*The OGz (Homicide & Hernandez w/ King) def. two locals in a squash when Hernandez hit the Border Toss. After the match, King challenged LAX to a 5150 Street Fight at Slammiversary.

*Allie def. Shotzi Blackheart after the Codebreaker. After the match, Tessa Blanchard attacked Allie.

*DeAngelo Williams came to the ring for a promo. Austin Aries interrupted and attacked him with a steel chair.

*Eli Drake def. Grado (w/ Katarina & Joe Hendry). After the match, Eli faced off with Hendry.

*oVe (Dave Crist, Jake Crist, & Sami Callihan) def. Fenix, Pentagon Jr., & Rich Swann in a tornado match when Callihan pins Swann.

---------

Impact Wrestling - Airing July 19, 2018 from Windsor, Ontario Canada

*Killer Kross (revealed as the mystery attacker) def. Petey Williams. Afterwards, Kross leaves his X card on Petey

*The Desi Hit Squad (Rohit Raju & Gursinder Singh w/ Gama Singh) def. KM & Fallah Bahh with a rollup on Bahh

*Joe Hendry (w/ Grado & Katarina) def. Eli Drake with a rollup. After the match, Hendry celebrated by hugging and dancing with Katarina, leaving Grado looking left out.

*Dezmond Xavier vs. Andrew Everett doesn't get started as Eddie Edwards interrupts with his kendo stick. Afterwards, Edwards cuts a promo on Tommy Dreamer.

*Sami Callihan def. Greg Osborne. After the match, oVe & Sami Callihan destroyed him. They put a Pentagon Jr. mask on him and beat him up.

*Allie & Kiera Hogan def. Shotzi Blackheart & Tessa Blanchard after Tessa walked out on Shotzi

*Moose came out to call out Austin Aries. Aries appeared on the video screen then ended up attacking Moose from behind but Moose fought him off.

But that said, I am liking what I am reading. People talk about the Canadian influence, but there's also an early ROH vibe that I like.

I doubt the financials are as good, but I am glad Swann is getting on with things. I felt he was taking up space on 205 Live, as a fan I think this is a better spot for him. He can get back to WWE one day if he stays at it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nate said:

That gif, with Hernandez and the girl at the pool ... you're watching a nigh-paralysis but for the grace of God.

If you look close enough, you can see the sheer terror on her face.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

*oVe & Sami Callihan destroyed local wrestler Sam Osborne. They put a Pentagon Jr. mask on him and beat him up.

I am digging oVe giving dudes the Beautiful People paper bag treatment.  That is old school as fuck!

• Like 2

Awesome show - again! I always say one of my absolute favorite things about Impact is having so many intriguing characters and rivalries up and down the show. Even in little things like a simple little backstage scene to set up Desi Hit Squad against Fallah Bahh and KM, I love that.. giving everyone a purpose and something to do.

I loved the debut of Shotzi Blackheart. Great little video to introduce her, real fitting theme music brought a superstar presentation to her. I hope she becomes a regular in the future,  very solid little match. Allie/Tessa has potential for a great rivalry. Always great to see Eli Drake even in short little bits, fun side angle with Grado/Katarina/Hendry.

Another killer promo from Aries in a real good segment with DeAngelo. They've gone a great job keeping Aries a big deal despite not having him wrestle on TV in over a month. Excellent build to Aries/Moose without having them wrestle each other and barely interact directly, just back and forth promos and solid segments like this.

Unbelievable main event. That mid-air cutter from Jake Crist was holy shit the best. Incredible sequence of moves to finish that one. the Madison/Su angle was a sweet visual to end the show, I love when they get creative with that kind of stuff.

Slammiversary is looking like a really awesome stacked lineup. It looks full now with 8 matches and there's still a few without a match. Definitely looking forward to it, the build up and down has been fantastic so I hope every match delivers a slam dunk.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I definitely want to watch Slammiversary, but naturally, I don't want to pay $40 to do so. Quite the dilemma, support a company that deserves it right now or listen to my wallet?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Shotzi Blackheart looked great last night against Allie. Hope that she does indeed return.

I like the embracing of the weirdness so I dug the Madison/Su Yung/Brides segment. They've done a good job of both building up Madison and this feud.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Dewar said:

Main event was great, but hooooolllleeeee fuck, how do you have someone kick out of a stomping package piledriver?

That admittedly took me out of the match a bit but it didn't take long to get back into it.  The opening sprint seemed almost PWG-like with how fucking crazy they were going and I loved everything about it.

Another awesome episode and it's almost too bad I'll be vacationing when Slammiversary rolls around.

• Like 1

Impact has been on a tear and the 7/12 episode was outstanding.

The LAX stuff continues to be good, King is excellent in this role, I’m really glad he’s getting a continued push on TV. He’s been a favourite of mine for a long time.

I said a year or so ago that Allie might be the best pure babyface they have and she was great against Shotzi who I thought was pretty great. That wacky surfboard/ back slamming thing she done was interesting. Josh Matthews name dropping Jericho during this match was pretty weird.

Eli Drake is great all around, he took a meaningless backstage skit with Grado and made it great “I don’t want to wrestle him, I want to wrestle HER” was line of the night.

Aries promo was great, he really feels like a huge deal in Impact.

the main event was the most fun match I’ve watched in such a long time. The combination of those 6 guys could wrestle each other for the next 6 months and Impact would be worth watching.   

The Madison / Su Yung stuff really shows how Impact understands what made the Broken Hardy stuff great way more than Vince understands / cares. It really shouldn’t work but it’s done with the right amount of kitsch and charm that it works great in Impact.

• Like 4

Yeah, the package pile driver stomp kickout was silly especially after kicking out of the Pentagon driver earlier. Sami should have been dead. I guess they need to build up Sami as viable against the former world champ since he's basically hasn't won a feud in ring.

I liked the main but it should have ended on a either the stomp package pile driver or the mid-air cutter, everything after felt like overkill.  Btw that package piledriver on the apron was nasty.  On replays you can see Crists head bounce off the apron.  

6 hours ago, pgi86 said:

IMPACT uploaded this new Kingston promo on their YouTube channel. Good stuff. Fits nicely with his promo from the show.

It can't be said enough how good of a promo Eddie Kingston is. 

• Like 2

Great final build to Slammiversary with everything on the card having a feeling of importance. The feud video for LAX/OGz was amazing, really loved that. Joe Hendry's entrance was hilarious, fun little bout with him and Eli. the Madison/Su scenes was awesome, Su's character is just the best and provides a lot of opportunities for crazy angle builds like this. Thought Eddie's promo was fantastic, really looking forward to him and Dreamer.. hoping for a full on old school ECW brawl. Women's tag was fun with all four looking good. Shotzi has tons of potential, definitely hope she's back when recovered from injury. Thought maybe they'd add one more match to get the rest of the guys on the card, but it's stacked as it is so I hope every match gets the time it needs to deliver. Looking forward to every match.

• Like 1