DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 7/5/18

Impact Wrestling - Airing July 5, 2018 from Windsor, Ontario, Canada

*Fenix def. Rich Swann. After the match, oVe run in and attack Fenix. Pentagon Jr. runs out for the save only to unmask as Sami Callihan and he joins in the attack until the real Pentagon Jr. makes the save to run them off.

*Killer Kross (revealed as the mystery attacker) def. Fallah Bahh (w/ KM). After the match, Kross choked out KM & Bahh until Petey Williams made the save with a steel chair.

*Allie & Madison Rayne def. Su Yung & one of her bridesmaids via pinfall on the bridesmaid. During the match, the ref was knocked down so Tessa Blanchard ran out to attack Madison but Allie fought her off.

*Katarina (w/ Grado) def. Rebel

*Brian Cage def. Kongo Kong

*LAX (Ortiz, Santana, & King) reunite with Konnan in the ring but Konnan reveals that King is the one who put the hit out on him, which King admits. Ortiz & Santana side with Konnan and beat down King until the original LAX (Homicide & Hernandez) arrive and attack Konnan, Ortiz, & Santana.

I love Eddie Kingston being the one behind Konnan's hit and Homicide & Hernandez being back to side with King.

I had to look up Kevin Kross and watched a few of his matches. From what I saw, he seems ok in the ring, but nothing special. Unfortunately, I got my hopes up the X card was a callback to PCO and his TNA run as X. I would have marked the fuck out for PCO.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:27 AM, RIPPA said:

When Eddie Kingston is the least crazy person in your trio....

Oh, I don't know about that.

In the battle of LAX's, my money is on King, Homicide, and Hernandez.

Brian Cage vs. Kongo Kong should go down in the middle of a miniature mock-up of the city of Tokyo so that the match looks like a kaiju movie.

I'm happy to see that Su Yung still loves her man and found him a job.

• Like 1

This was a really good show the only down part was probably the clunky Rebel/Katarina match but everything else flowed, made sense and I'm intrigued for next week and the PPV.

That Cage/Kong match was a perfect quick match. Part of me thinks they're just building towards getting Cage the X-Division title so he can use Option C (if that's still a thing).

Impact gets into these grooves here and there and I (and others) hope they can keep it up but something usually happens. Here's hoping that's not the case this time.

• Like 4

Awesome show! Lots of great story/character/feud progressions up and down the card. Loved the women's tag as a way to kickstart an Allie/Tessa feud. I love Katarina so it's good to see her back in the ring and I think Rebel has gotten a lot better than she used to be even though this was a quick match. Aries saying Moose was going to need to go tryout for the XFL was great stuff. Also great was that Tommy Dreamer promo, loved that and looking forward to him vs Eddie at Slammiversary.

Cage/Kongo was perfect and exactly how it should've been pretty much. I could say I wished it went more than 5 minutes but that was one hell of a bomb throwing sprint, just as would be expected. The Kongocanrana was the best. A flip dive, superplex, and F5 on Kongo... excellent finish. Closing segment was super effective. I wonder if there will be an explanation as to why Homicide would turn on them after all this time. Hoping for an epic blood feud here.

Good call on Cage using Option C, they haven't used it since 2015 but I could definitely see it being brought back especially with Aries on top. Figure Cage winning the X and eventually world title is inevitable. I've loved Sydal's reign while it has lasted. Slammiversary is shaping up to be a solid stacked card.

• Like 4

JOE HENDRY!!!!!!

So he and Katarina are obviously turning heel on Grado within the next two months, correct?

This was a really good show. Never doubt putting a Winnipeger in charge. ;)

• Like 4

This was a great Impact, the Rich Swann / Fenix and Cage / Kongo matches were great and all the other feuds were progressed well.  Looking forward to the LAX v LAX feud, King and Konnan should have some great back and forth promos.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ComingToAmerica said:

I never understood Option C; what are the other two options supposed to be?

At the time it was leading up to Aries vs. Roode, Hogan as GM gave Aries two choices Option A was give up the X title to challenge for the World and Option B was continue being X Champ and turn down the world title shot. Aries suggested option C which was giving up the X for the world title shot but with the add in that it would be an option every year at Destination X for whoever the X Champ was in order to raise the prestige of the X title. Of course it didn't stick and the attempt to redo it the following year was mostly awful.

Fenix vs. Swann  and Cage vs. Kong both were great matches plus everything else on the show progressed storylines/angles or characters. The PPV lineup is looking great from top to bottom and very much thinking about buying the PPV. 

• Like 3