DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 6/28/18

*Taped for Xplosion: Dezmond Xavier def. Phil Atlas
*Taped for Xplosion: Kongo Kong & Matt Sydal def. two locals
*Taped for Xplosion: Austin Aries def. Aiden Prince

Impact Wrestling - Airing June 28, 2018 from Windsor, Ontario, Canada

*Madison Rayne cut a promo that was interrupted by Tessa Blanchard. Su Yung's music distracted Madison, allowing Tessa to attack..

*Rich Swann def. Trevor Lee

*The Desi Hit Squad (Rohit Raju & Gursinder Singh w/ Gama Singh) def. Z & E (DJ Z & Andrew Everett) with a rollup on Everett after Gama distracted the ref.

*Matt Sydal def. Dezmond Xavier. After the match, Brian Cage came out to go after Sydal but Kongo Kong attacked from behind. They brawled until Sydal and Kongo laid out Cage.

*Madison Rayne def. Tessa Blanchard with a rollup. After the match, Tessa beat down Madison and laid her out with the hammerlock DDT. After Tessa left, Su Yung and her bridesmaids surrounded Madison in the ring but Allie ran out to fend them off.

I'm glad to see Rich Swann get a shot in Impact. He fucked up, but we all do, and most of us deserve a second chance.

If my wife had a gimmick like Su Yung, I'd be scared as fuck to piss her off. Life does imitate art sometimes.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Holy shit, Gama Singh?? Awesome!

That made me do a double take. Overall, I like the direction Impact has taken. I still feel like there's a good chance we could see PCO show up.

• Like 2

Bringing in Gama as a heel manager is a genius move.

I'm almost hoping that Impact's secret mission is to revive old Stampede gimmicks in Impact so that the power behind Su Yung will be revealed to be the ZODIAK~!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Bringing in Gama as a heel manager is a genius move.

I'm almost hoping that Impact's secret mission is to revive old Stampede gimmicks in Impact so that the power behind Su Yung will be revealed to be the ZODIAK~!

and someone to throw the Jacques Plante style goalie mask on as Jason the Terrible

• Like 1

Pretty fun show here. Love the Madison/Tessa feud opening and closing the show, solid promo work from both too. Z & E make an amazing team so their matches are always a highlight. Desi Hit Squad should make for a good heel team. I've never liked Rich Swann and he's still pretty cringe. The random 4 way at Slammiversary should be good though. Enjoyed Sydal/Dezmond while it lasted, kinda wish that was the feud instead of Sydal/Cage. Katarina telling Grado about her past as Winter was amusing. Lots of good feud build throughout the show with Pentagon/Sami, Eddie/Tommy, and LAX heating up. Pentagon/Sami should be a hot match for Slammiversary, I'll be sad for Sami to lose his hair.

What Mad Dog said.  One too many schoolboys for my liking but Kongo Kong and Cage beating the shit out of each other like a pair of  fucking kaiju is always fun.

Tessa Blanchard remains a top ten candidate for a future ex wife.  Watching her kill girls with the Devil Lock DDT never gets old.

• Like 2

I'm all aboard the Tessa Blanchard train. She's awesome playing the entitled bitch flaunting the family name, but can actually back it up in the ring.

I like the Jimmy Jacobs/Matt Sydal alliance, and look forward to Kong and Cage beating the tar out of each other.

• Like 3

Madison's rollup at least was more of almost a crucifix bomb like Aries used to do and it ended up looking kinda killer like a proper finish. Good match, Tessa has come off very well like a star since debuting.

• Like 1

Just watching this right now but -for the love of God! - please get Trevor Lee some new music! It's like four notes and it just repeats over...and over...and over.  There's no into, no chorus, no breakdown.  Just the same four chords over and over again.   I hate it!!!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, caley said:

Just watching this right now but -for the love of God! - please get Trevor Lee some new music! It's like four notes and it just repeats over...and over...and over.  There's no into, no chorus, no breakdown.  Just the same four chords over and over again.   I hate it!!!

“He’s a contrarian, they told him to get good music and he said no thanks, give me 4 notes over and over”. - Don Callis

Impact continues it’s decent run of form. Looking forward to most of the matches now.

loved Jimmy Jacobs / Sydals ‘Namaste’ bow to each other, a really great pair of loathable smug pricks!

I would kill for Neville to come in to work with most of the Impact guys at the moment.

• Like 3

The opening Mic exchange between Madison and Tessa was great to set up the night's Main event. Swann vs. Lee was MOTN but Swann's hair cut was one of those where you ask a Barber for it and he does it but asks that you don't tell people he did it. Mask vs. Hair should be great at Slammiversary as will that 4 way High Flyers match. Eddie making Tommy believe in the ECW arena was great and it will be interesting to see how Tommy responses next week. Konnan getting proof to show Kingston was behind the attack will be interesting as well. The main event was good with Madison using another move that she won with to set up several near falls for the PPV. SU and her brides attacking with Allie making her return was a great way to close the show. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm behind on my Impact viewing, but Tessa Blanchard looked so killer in her match against Rayne. She's been my favorite thing on these shows, and Rayne was made into a super sympathetic babyface in this match just from that beating she took. Tessa carries herself really well and looks like she lays it in. 

• Like 2