DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] JUNE 2018 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Spoiler

Oddly enough, the War Raiders didn’t appear at all tonight. Nor did the Street Profits or Lars Sullivan.

I know I said the 6-man was phenomenal but the Main Event tag title change is must-watch. The crowd heat was off-the-charts, the loudest I’ve ever heard at a live event(during a match, at least). I hope it comes off as good on TV as it did i  person.

On 6/23/2018 at 9:15 AM, Peck said:

Was wondering why Belair and the Street Profits weren’t at the tapings Thursday. This might be why. 

Montez Ford is a lucky, lucky man.

• Like 2

On 6/21/2018 at 1:29 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Are we just going to ignore the Corporate Ministry? Not to mention it defied all logic and made no fucking sense...an awful Russo swerve, like most Russo swerves, just for the fucking sake of it

Only good thing from it was the music:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Who carried who through the door though? ;)

Dude, I was watching Bianca's match from a couple of weeks ago, and she deadlift military pressed Aaliyah like she weighed nothing at all.  There was a bit of a hitch on the snake eyes where she was basically adjusted Aaliyah's weight while holding her over her head with one hand.  The crazy thing is she did it so casually that I had to rewind it to make sure I saw it correctly.  She is insanely strong.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

Dude, I was watching Bianca's match from a couple of weeks ago, and she deadlift military pressed Aaliyah like she weighed nothing at all.  There was a bit of a hitch on the snake eyes where she was basically adjusted Aaliyah's weight while holding her over her head with one hand.  The crazy thing is she did it so casually that I had to rewind it to make sure I saw it correctly.  She is insanely strong.

For real. I thought Belair was really athletically gifted, but her display of pure strength in the Aaliyah match was bananas. That woman is ultra strong. I know we say this a lot, but she's going to be a license to print money on the main roster that they'll surely fuck up. I already want her doing crazy shit like deadlifting Charlotte. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Craig H said:

For real. I thought Belair was really athletically gifted, but her display of pure strength in the Aaliyah match was bananas. That woman is ultra strong. I know we say this a lot, but she's going to be a license to print money on the main roster that they'll surely fuck up. I already want her doing crazy shit like deadlifting Charlotte. 

That would be such a Sting thing to do to Charlotte

It kind of needs to happen now.

I don't know how we could possibly do this, but where does she rank on most unbelievable athletes in wrestling.  If you talk to people who have been around a Division I football or basketball program, they all have stories about seeing someone doing something unbelievable.  I remember a story about Jerry Porter, who used to play wide receiver for the Raiders, being able to lay on his back and stand up without sitting up (Go ahead and try, I dare you).  Here's the thing, he used to just do it without understanding it would be impossible for anyone else to do that...he was just an insane athlete who could pretty much do whatever he wanted physically.  I want to hear the stories about wrestlers who can just physically do things other people can't do.  That's the kind of thing I want to hear about from people in wrestling.

You can kind of see what I'm talking about at the :45 second mark of the video, but he kind of sits up a little bit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, supremebve said:

Ha! I had to do the same thing, as I thought I was seeing things. She certainly looks to be in great shape, but nothing that would indicate that level of arm and back strength, she's amazing. 

Something I'm reminded of is Chad Gable (and Neville too) doing that deadlift German Suplex. Given how big each dude is, it doesn't look like it should be possible, but they're just freaky strong. 

53 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Something I'm reminded of is Chad Gable (and Neville too) doing that deadlift German Suplex. Given how big each dude is, it doesn't look like it should be possible, but they're just freaky strong. 

Chad Gable was an Olympic wrestler, that dude could probably suplex anyone he wanted.  When I was in 10th grade I was about 170 lbs. and strong as an ox.  I was a running back and safety on the football team, and thought I was hot shit.  During PE, when we did the pull up test I did 20 pull ups, laughed and jumped down.  So, a couple people later was this dude from the wrestling team, who did like 25 before he started talking shit to me, and kept going until the teacher told him to get down.  I say that to say this, if Chad Gable wants to suplex you there probably isn't a damn thing you can do about it.  Amateur wrestling strength is a whole different thing that most people can't even fathom.

• Like 2