DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] JUNE 2018 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

3 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

This was my first thought as well.  The Union of People You OUght to Respect, Shane.  That screams Russo.

As does TNA’s SEX.

Yep. Sports Entertainment Xtreme. Fuck off, Vince Russo.

• Like 1

Some of ROH's stables didn't have the best names like the Vulture Squad, The Resilience, and The Hangmen 3; but they had some really good ones to balance it out.

The Prophecy

Second City Saints

Generation Next

The Rottweilers

The Age of the Fall

Sweet 'N Sour, Inc.

• Like 2

There is a big NXT related spoiler out there that the WWE is acknowledging on Social Media

Y'all have been warned

The spoiler is

Spoiler

Mustache Mountain beat Undisputed Era for the NXT Tag Titles during the UK Tournament shows. It will not officially air till next Tuesday

It is possible they acknowledge it during tomorrow's show but who knows

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Hide contents

Mustache Mountain beat Undisputed Era for the NXT Tag Titles during the UK Tournament shows. It will not officially air till next Tuesday

giphy.gif

There goes half my interest in NXT.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

There is a big NXT related spoiler out there that the WWE is acknowledging on Social Media

Y'all have been warned

The spoiler is

Reveal hidden contents

It is possible they acknowledge it during tomorrow's show but who knows

Spoiler

I hope this is just to send the UK crowd home happy and UE win the titles back once they get back to the US. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

I just assume when Fish returns, we'll get the Undisputed Era using the Freebird Rule. I'm going to stick with my gut instinct and say this change was just a way to send the UK crowd home happy and UE gets the titles back once the UK tour is over

Edited by RIPPA
Added spoilers

On 6/19/2018 at 12:10 AM, tbarrie said:

Random question: is "Undisputed Era" the single stupidest group name in the history of wrestling?

That sounds like hyperbole, but I've been trying and I can't remember anything worse. Anybody got a challenger?

"The J.O.B. Squad" is pretty bad, for the winking work-shoot nature of it if nothing else. At least "The Undisputed Era" sounds like something a bunch of arrogant lugs would come up with because they think it sounds cool.

But yeah, it's a bewilderingly bad name.

9 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Are we just going to ignore the Corporate Ministry? Not to mention it defied all logic and made no fucking sense...an awful Russo swerve, like most Russo swerves, just for the fucking sake of it

You know when something is so terrible and surreal, it becomes good? That was it for me >_<

Heading to my first Full Sail tapings tonight. Hopefully not a bunch of heathens there. As @RIPPA always says, watch out for spoilers, etc. tonight. If there’s anything super-interesting I’ll post it late-night.

• Like 1

Three semi-important things so far at the tapings:

Spoiler

Ciampa and Black started a program

UE & Bate/Seven/Ricochet had a phenomenal 6-man

Santana Garrett returned and jobbed to Dakota Kai

And two more important things:

Spoiler

Kairi Sane beat Candice Lerae and Nikki Cross in a Triple Threat to face Shayna Baszler at the next Takeover.

Undisputed Era regained the NXT Tag belts in an awesome match with Mustache Mountain. Trent Seven’s leg was worked on the whole match and after O’Reilly had it in a submission for what seemed like 5+ minutes, Tyler Bate threw in the towel to end it.

Spoiler

I can totally get behind a Ciampa/Black program. Yeah, Ciampa is going to dethrone Black, then Gargano beats Ciampa down the road.

Undisputed Era gets the tag titles back. All is right in nxt once again.

Spoiler

Don't like UE getting the belts back that fast. I wonder how long they hold them with the build they are doing for War Raiders.

Kairi getting the shot at Takeover is nice. Will be interesting to see if she actually wins the belt. I can see them going longer with Shayna as champ. It should work either way since the MYC2 winner is almost certainly challenging after that, and that person will likely be Io or Toni.