DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] JUNE 2018 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Apparently this has been "known" for a bit but Bobby Roode noted in an interview today that the WWE is looking to find a bigger building to house the Performance Center since they have grown so much

Ricochet and Stephanie Newell both suffered injuries on the UK tour

They sent back Ricochet a little early so it appears they will keep him off the other shows until Takeover.

Pete Dunne took his spot in the Main Event.

I saw that video of all places again on the Desus and Mero show last night.  Don't know how viral that video is, but three guys struggling against a  lion cub in tug of war is a sight to behold.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
Thanks to Norweigan Rudo for the correction.

I don't recall anyone ever trying to headbutt The Rock. If someone did, he didn't inherit the black & Pacific islander hard head. God, that sounds so awful and there's really no good way to word it. God damn wrestling and it's racial stereotypes.

3 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

As a half Pacific islander I love our hard headedness. It really does run in the family. ;)

Or is that stubbornness...

I know all about stubbornness being Greek and Italian. Technically, I would qualify as an islander. The Greek side of the family is from the island of Crete, where Mantaur was billed from.

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I know all about stubbornness being Greek and Italian. Technically, I would qualify as an islander. The Greek side of the family is from the island of Crete, where Mantaur was billed from.

Ah, Crete, very nice.  My dad's from Chios and while my mom was born here her family was from Rhodes.  And the stubborness in Greeks and Italians is definitely a thing.  Used right it can work out quite nicely.

As for Mantaur, please tell me you showed your family when they had him on WWF TV in the 90s.  I could only imagine what they would have thought of it.

• Like 1

I still have family in Crete that I'm planning to visit next year. I also have family in Athens. I was in Greece once, but as a baby.

I may have shown Mantaur to my yia yia who's now 90. She was the one that told me wrestling was fake anyway when I was 9 or 10. I'd mark out so hard for Team Greek mythology (Mantaur, Zeus, Medusa) for King of Trios.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

I don't really mind this one so much as it seems most Pacific Islanders in wrestling embrace it as a matter of pride.

They pretty much took it back and owned it from... hmmm, I can't remember when it wasn't a point of pride.

Random question: is "Undisputed Era" the single stupidest group name in the history of wrestling?

That sounds like hyperbole, but I've been trying and I can't remember anything worse. Anybody got a challenger?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Random question: is "Undisputed Era" the single stupidest group name in the history of wrestling?

That sounds like hyperbole, but I've been trying and I can't remember anything worse. Anybody got a challenger?

The Corrre

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Corrre

Oh, good call. I had completely forgotten about The Corre. I think I could make an argument that "Undisputed Era" is stupider, but it's close.

Regarding The Authority and The Filthy Animals - I don't know, I actually think "The Authority" is a pretty cool name for an evil heel group who are supposed to be running the show. I can't argue about their hogging TV time, but if we start listing every group that was booked worse or used worse than Undisputed Era we're be here all day.:)

And I could picture a group of people actually ironically calling themselves "Filthy Animals". It's not a good name, but I don't think it compares to gibberish like "The Corre" or "The Undisputed Era".