DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] JUNE 2018 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

June NXT Dates (ignoring the Florida loop)

• June 8,9 & 10 - Downland Festival (England)
  • June 11 - Paris
  • June 12 - Antwerp
  • June 14 - Louisville 
  • June 15 - Evansville, Indiana
  • June 16 - Takeover Chicago
  • June 18 & 19 - Royal Albert Hall Like UK Shows (I am counting these because of how many NXT folks are working the shows)
  • June 21 - TV Tapings

6 minutes ago, quackhell said:

Going from Paris and Antwerp to Louisville and Evansville? Yeesh talk about from the penthouse to the outhouse. 

It really is a brutal stretch for some guys since there are a bunch who will be doing UK to Midwest to UK to Orlando over the span of 10 days

12 hours ago, quackhell said:

Going from Paris and Antwerp to Louisville and Evansville? Yeesh talk about from the penthouse to the outhouse. 

Hey now! 

I have second row seats to that Louisville show. We’ll be right on the entrance aisle. My 7-year-old daughter is stoked!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Log said:

Hey now! 

I have second row seats to that Louisville show. We’ll be right on the entrance aisle. My 7-year-old daughter is stoked!

No offense meant. You guys enjoy the show. Louisville isn't that bad. Evansville however...

39 minutes ago, quackhell said:

No offense meant. You guys enjoy the show. Louisville isn't that bad. Evansville however...

None taken.  And you're right about Evansville.  Although, I did see an IWA-MS show there in '04 that had a crazy amount of future stars on it.  Claudio, Joe, Punk, Aries, Danielson, AJ, Rodderick Strong, and probably someone else I'm forgetting.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2018 at 5:41 AM, turk128 said:

It's too bad about the Ealys... they never really got a chance to develop.

How far back were they signed? Like did the influx of veteran tag teams signed get in the way and such.

They signed in 2015

Apparently one is definitely released but the other isn't yet because he is still suffering from the effects of a concussion

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Sanity is listed in the Success Stories with everyone else who has debuted on the main roster, but unlike everyone else, they don’t have a debut date.  

Sanity finally showed up on a house show this weekend so I have to assume they are on TV shortly

12 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

They’re not serving paella, Eddie. 

I'm going to the Jewish singles night at the Knights of Columbus beforehand. It's going to be a rager. You should join us.

• Like 2

I was debating on going to that one or the Beyond show at the same venue earlier in the day, but I'm glad I held out - grabbed my Evolve ticket within minutes of reading that.

A lot of the Melrose shows are pretty sparse with attendance, this should alleviate the problem this time around. 

I saw Demitrius Bronson vs Lars Sullivan in the Seattle show last July. Bronson Wrestled in his Seahawks jersey and pants that looked like football pants. He was really over. Sullivan was billed from Denver and booed very loudly. I remember the match being good and Bronson being ok he was barely a year in and had a power based heavy move set but I remember enjoying the match.

I wonder if he continues to wrestle or not. He lives in Washington so I wonder if Defy brings him in for a show or two.