DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2018 - June

grilledcheese

While they will say it had nothing to do with it - all the attention was starting to be paid to how shitty Chris Davis is so the Os quietly benched Davis this week and basically said "we didn't know when he will play again"

While the deal isn't done yet - apparently the Nats will be getting Kelvin Herrera from KC

And they will be doing it without having to give up Juan Soto or Victor Robles

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

While the deal isn't done yet - apparently the Nats will be getting Kelvin Herrera from KC

And they will be doing it without having to give up Juan Soto or Victor Robles

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

At the Cubs game tonight and it's been delayed for hours now and we had maybe 20 minutes of heavy rain. This is bullshit.

Start a "C.M. Punk" chant, that'll teach 'em.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, they postponed the game, but about 45 minutes before game time we noticed that the RF lights and running boards all went out. LF was fine. Then the tarp came out. For about an hour there was nothing and my friend wondered if the tarp was out to throw people off from the real problem.

Hours later, sure enough, the game was postponed because of some weird power outage that affected the whole RF side.

On a related note, I can't make it to the makeup game tomorrow, but if the ticket prices stay dirt cheap and someone on here has an interest in going to the Cubs game in the bleachers, you can just have my ticket for free.

If the ticket prices go higher than the $14 they're currently at then I'll probably just sell it.

While I truly despise rainouts, I am kind of jazzed about this one, because today is my last day in the office before going to Reno for a fabric show this week, and I am going to spend it by listening to the Dodgers game since it's now a split DH, and the first one starts at 10.05 Pacific.

Hooray for not working!!

Speaking of rain outs and DHs

Because of the Yanks/Nats finishing the suspended game yesterday - Juan Soto is now credited with hitting a HR before his actual debut but it won't count as his first career HR :blink:

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Speaking of rain outs and DHs

Because of the Yanks/Nats finishing the suspended game yesterday - Juan Soto is now credited with hitting a HR before his actual debut but it won't count as his first career HR :blink:

To me, the best part of it all was the guys having meltdowns because Soto's HR won't count for their fantasy teams unless they had him in the lineup the day that game originally started--while he was still in the minors for another 4 or 5 days.  

3 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

While I truly despise rainouts, I am kind of jazzed about this one, because today is my last day in the office before going to Reno for a fabric show this week, and I am going to spend it by listening to the Dodgers game since it's now a split DH, and the first one starts at 10.05 Pacific.

Hooray for not working!!

God forbid teams ever play a real double header. ... . . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kuetsar said:

God forbid teams ever play a real double header. ... . . 

Tampa and Oakland played a day/day single admission DH last year. It happens, but it's increasingly rare because why charge for one admission and give up two games?  As much as it pains me to say, it's a sound business decision, and is the smart thing to do in that situation.

Game 1 in the books in Chicago, and a 3-2 Cubs lead evaporates T9 when Kyle Farmer comes through with 2 outs and down to his last strike with a 2 R PH 2B to put LAD on top 4-3.

Kemp, Dave Roberts and Grandal all got the thumb for arguing balls and strikes.

While we are on the subject of wacky injuries, Brandon Morrow landed on the DL because he tweaked his back somehow while taking off his pants.

I love stupid baseball injuries. Not because I ever want anyone to get hurt, but year after year, dumb shit keeps happening.

19 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

While we are on the subject of wacky injuries, Brandon Morrow landed on the DL because he tweaked his back somehow while taking off his pants.

I love stupid baseball injuries. Not because I ever want anyone to get hurt, but year after year, dumb shit keeps happening.

There will never be a shortage of guys cutting their hands making a bagel or getting sunburnt in a tanning bed. 

• Like 2