DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2018 - June

grilledcheese

Oof.  That sucks.  Dude was genuinely entertaining in a completely new way.  Also, it's fucking weird to say he'll be ready for the 2020 season.

Also, *WIDE EYES EMOJI*

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Per Pedro Gomez - Shohei Ohtani will be having Tommy John surgery

He will miss the rest of this season AND all of next year.

Now, I'm really glad he didn't want to play for the Yankees.

Whether or not they say it's true, how many UCL sprain/strain/slight tears get better after PRP and allow a guy to not get the TJ? Very few, as I can recall. That being said, He has already had a round of PRP injections to treat pain from a UCL sprain, so it's not terribly ridiculous to think that TJ is a likely next step.

Here's hoping it turns out to be treatable without surgery.

Everyone in baseball knows the words Sandy and Koufax.   

If Ohtani is even close to needing TJ, he's going to get it.  I'm guessing the Angels are playing some kind of mind games when everyone else is just staring at them telling them to stop fucking around, save a once in a generation talent, and get him under the knife right fucking now. 

So if he gets TJ, I understand he would be unable to pitch for a year and a half or so, but wouldn't they be able to still use him as a hitter next year? I remember Matt Weiters getting TJ and he was able to bat after about 6 months or so 

I have often said that I would pay a premium price above and beyond my existing MLB.TV subscription for an ambient feed with a handful of mic'd players/umps. Really fantastic stuff.

Also, I have no idea what "Our ass is in the jackpot!" means, but it got used twice, so maybe I'm the weirdo for having never heard this very common saying.

• Like 3

Ownership of the Nats has officially been transferred from Ted Lerner to his son, Mark.

They had pretty much been running the team as a family affair anyway but Ted (who is 92 and recently lost a leg) will no longer have the final say

9 hours ago, Tabe said:

All that fuss and they didn't even hit Utley :)

And he went yard twice in that game off the bullpen, one of which was a GS. Maybe the ace throwing behind a guy was a shit idea, eh?

So... apparently MLB's Labor Relations asses are 'in the jackpot' right now.   They'd very much like that video above gone forever from the internet (lol), because part of the umpire CBA is, in exchange for wearing mics, the footage gets destroyed if nothing egregious comes up - and after review should it.  

Looks like they'll be much more vigilant about these sort of leaks.  

• Like 2