DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2018 WRESTLING GIFS

On 6/25/2018 at 10:57 AM, Betsy Zeidler said:

A couple months back I discovered that Damien was named for Eugene Sandow, one of the originators of Bodybuilding back in Victorian times. I blame Hunter

Edited by Captain Kronos
removed mostly nekkid Sandow image

It always bothered me how much trash would get thrown into WCW rings. Yeah, I know I'm watching wrestling and it's not held in high regard, but could you stop feeding into the wrestling fan stereotype that we're all dumb hillbilly white trash?

I guess when the tickets are mostly comped, you don't care about getting thrown out for throwing garbage in the ring. Who knows if WCW security even threw people out? Their security always seemed really lax.

It was WCW in the mid 90's, they weren't feeding into a stereotype. Many were that stereotype. They added it as a feature in the WCW Nitro/Thunder horrors of wrestling games, the stuff even made it through cages.

5 minutes ago, Ryan said:

It was WCW in the mid 90's, they weren't feeding into a stereotype. Many were that stereotype. 

Yeah, I didn't want to come right out and say it, but I figured a lot were the stereotype.

13 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It always bothered me how much trash would get thrown into WCW rings. Yeah, I know I'm watching wrestling and it's not held in high regard, but could you stop feeding into the wrestling fan stereotype that we're all dumb hillbilly white trash?

I guess when the tickets are mostly comped, you don't care about getting thrown out for throwing garbage in the ring. Who knows if WCW security even threw people out? Their security always seemed really lax.

No one who was comped sat close enough to even come near the ring which was the real problem because once people started throwing shit in the ring the whole arena decided to try which meant if you weren’t in the nose bleeds you were getting a worse soda/beer shower then any wrestler ever did. 

Security lax? I remember it like yesterday having gone to the ice palace previously for hockey games where their was a security or staff member every 5 feet you walked but at Nitro their was 0 security and the hallways were filled with people smoking it blew my mind at the time.

• Thanks 1