DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2018 WRESTLING PHOTOS.

1 hour ago, Kuetsar said:

That's why Inoki stayed on the ground. Plus Inoki wanted a straight shoot while Ali was think more Rocky III type match.

Sorry for nit picking but how can Ali wanted a Rocky 3 type match when Rocky 3 come out in 1982.

I assume you didn't mean it in the literal sense but the Ali Vs Inoki fight was 1976 so 6 years before Rocky 3.

The OP was kinda poorly worded.  Kuestar was using shorthand that may be difficult to parse if you're ESL. 

They meant Ali wanted a fun exhibition match that likely would have ended in a draw/no contest, where Inoki wanted to prove himself in a straight fight.  Andre and Wepner knew what was best for business.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

I thought it was a rib, but I can't believe that someone like Kevin would actually like someone like Shania.

100% it makes sense if you know us Canadians.

Can't say I wasn't disappointed, but it doesn't surprise me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peck said:

Unless that’s just a bad picture, Shania...... hasn’t aged well?

Heavy stage make-up for a couple hours under hot lights in the desert.

12 minutes ago, Ace said:

Heavy stage make-up for a couple hours under hot lights in the desert.

While I totally agree that she is heavily made up to be under the lights, I hella laughed at the desert part of your post. I think that show was in Montreal.

3 hours ago, Peck said:

Unless that’s just a bad picture, Shania...... hasn’t aged well?

From last year:

Shania-Twain-Las-Vegas-1071422.jpg

Maybe my tastes aren't up to the legendarily high standards of wrestling fans, but she looks just fine to me.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kafkonia said:

100% it makes sense if you know us Canadians.

Definitely. I have quite a few friends who aren't into country music but love Shania Twain. At least she doesn't wear those surfing tops anymore.

9 hours ago, Betsy Zeidler said:

The OP was kinda poorly worded.  Kuestar was using shorthand that may be difficult to parse if you're ESL. 

They meant Ali wanted a fun exhibition match that likely would have ended in a draw/no contest, where Inoki wanted to prove himself in a straight fight.  Andre and Wepner knew what was best for business.

Comment your own posts, I don't need you to speak for me. . . 

Just now, mattdangerously said:

I dunno, it looks like she might be better at it.

No offense was meant toward Kuestar.  I thought I recalled Boydy initially introducing themself as being a non-native English speaker, so I was trying to explain it in easier terms.  My apologies to all involved if any offense occurred.