DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

9 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

That just goes to show you that they never should have ditched Ellering.  The Road Warriors never had visa problems when he was managing them.

I dig the joke you are making here, but isn't he one of the guys that was actually a legit "manager" for his guys? I seem to recall hearing something along those lines in a shoot interview he did.

2 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

I dig the joke you are making here, but isn't he one of the guys that was actually a legit "manager" for his guys? I seem to recall hearing something along those lines in a shoot interview he did.

That's probably why Hawk and Animal had to dine on death.  Ellering was withholding their pay and they couldn't afford to eat.

(Insert Memphis joke here)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

That's probably why Hawk and Animal had to dine on death.  Ellering was withholding their pay and they couldn't afford to eat.

(Insert Memphis joke here)

Dine on death was just code for doing lots of coke. It's like those experiments where rats would choose cocaine over food.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2018 at 11:19 PM, nate said:

Crazy speculative question:

How would it move the needle if NJPW and WWE did a deal where Omega/Bucks faced New Day at 'Mania, and they had a trade-off where New Day wrestled BC at a big NJ show?

I don't follow WWE much outside of few select matches and BREAKINGS NEWS type of stuff so excuse me for my ignorance, but are New Day guys even relevant anymore? Whenever I see them mentioned now it usually is in the context of Omega and YBs coming to WWE or them doing some sort of crossover.

In other words I think it would be a bad deal, but I admit that I'm totally uninformed on the subject.

5 hours ago, Archibald said:

I don't follow WWE much outside of few select matches and BREAKINGS NEWS type of stuff so excuse me for my ignorance, but are New Day guys even relevant anymore? Whenever I see them mentioned now it usually is in the context of Omega and YBs coming to WWE or them doing some sort of crossover.

In other words I think it would be a bad deal, but I admit that I'm totally uninformed on the subject.

I guess I should begin by saying I don't expect anything to happen, but if something were to, I'd suggest New Day is pretty well situated to accommodate it: They're outside the title picture, but remain a really over midcard act that could be credibly elevated in a week (longest reigning tag champs, etc.). This "works" (or could) because I don't think WWE would agree to an entirely symmetrical deal. They'd probably suggest that while The Elite are main eventers in their sphere, they and the companies they work for would still benefit from the exposure, while WWE only gets a "moment" for a show they probably sold out already. (I'm assuming you'd put it at a big PPV show.) New Japan could certainly feel they don't want their (current or by then former) heavyweight champ booked competitively in this context (specifically, against Woods, who has always been presented as the least of the trio), that actually, exposure is a thing you can die from in the arctic, not sufficient reward--maybe this would be the impasse. But I don't think WWE would even entertain letting Omega show up, and have a long 50/50 champ vs champ match against AJ, or anything close to that. They'd want to save all the truly big stuff for when they (from their perspective) sign him. 

That's probably too many words (and way too many parenthetical asides...) about what I think is still a really faint hypothetical, though I'd like to see it. Even the biggest companies look bigger when the world they inhabit looks bigger and more populated as well.

5 hours ago, Archibald said:

Xavier's UUDD stuff keeps him somewhat credible, and overall the New Day is at the equivalent spots of the Bucks in NJPW.

If the New Day ended up in NJPW en masse- I'd see Kofi and Xavier being in the tag division with Big E around ZSJ/Ishii-level in terms of where they'd be placed.  If they threw ACH into the New Day you might see Xavier as a junior.

8 hours ago, odessasteps said:

To be square?

I once took a photo of myself in middle school holding a #2 above me and captioned it "It's hip to be squared". My math teacher enjoyed it.

• Like 2

I hope you realize that if I can figure out a way to disable your ability to post videos... I will.

Stupid admins not ignoring people...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1