DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

7 hours ago, droneking said:

So don't expect Stephanie in disguise wandering the halls of Titan Towers or trying out for NXT.

What is she gonna do then, go scout the indies? If she isn’t in a WWE owned facility I’d be shocked.

29 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Until she emasculates Aleister Black for no payoff down the road.

I'd be more upset about Steph browbeating Shayna Baszler since Shayna could put her hands on Steph. 

Said this in the ROH thread but I was at the taping tonight and the next several weeks of TV are going to be real good. Everyone has to go out of their way to see the Bully Ray-Cheeseburger no DQ match. Ultimo Guerrero and Matt Taven had a real good match but the finish is something you are going to either completely love or completely hate. There was a 5 team trios gauntlet that was real great. Chuckie T and Jay Lethal had a great match because Lethal is great and Chuckie is God. The Briscoes/Martinez vs Hangman/Bucks completely tore the house down and went close to 25-30 minutes. Crowd was about 150 short of a sellout, which I'd blame on a weak lineup compared with most shows held in the market and a giant concert at Randals Island featuring dozens of bands I wouldn't go to see if they were playing down the street from my apartment but who are inexplicably popular (the Metro North train I was on was crammed full of 16-22 year old boys and girls headed to the show).

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Casey said:

Of course ROH would run TV tapings opposite of one the country’s biggest music festivals. That’s hilarious.

If they had a stronger lineup (ie: guys from New Japan) it wouldn't have mattered. I'm just glad they ran because I wouldn't have gone to that music festival if you tried to force me at gunpoint.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Casey said:

I would have picked Gov’s Ball over ROH in a heart beat.

I would've picked going to $5 Dollar Wrestling over Gov's Ball in a heartbeat.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sabremike said:

I would've picked going to $5 Dollar Wrestling over Gov's Ball in a heartbeat.

Looking at the lineup....

I agree with Mike.

Fuck that hurt :)

• Haha 1

I was looking forward to it but it's been nothing but trolling the pro Bruce folks and has gotten old already. 

(Yes, I know i posted one in the podcast thread. I didnt realize that would be almost of all his tweets so far.)

That festival wouldn't be my cup of tea. I'd go see the Yeah, Yeah, Yeah's if someone gave me a ticket to one of their own shows. I like that "Date With the Night" was the theme for Lacey's Angels in ROH.

6 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Would Pusha T really be worth all the rest of it? 

There’s 14+ acts there that I’d like to see.

ROH is boring.

That was an easy choice.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

Big Show is supposed to be on the Dungeons & Dragons twitch channel tomorrow as part of the Stream of Many Eyes.  He's scheduled to be part of Jocks Machina with Joe Manganiello, Travis Willingham and someone else tomorrow around 5:15 PST.

correction, game stream starts at 6:30pm PST.

51 minutes ago, Rev Ray said:

correction, game stream starts at 6:30pm PST.

This is weird. Possibly the two setting that I can think of on earth that are the least compatible is a Geek & Sundry set and a wrestling locker room.

6 minutes ago, piranesi said:

There's also something hilarious about Mangianello's tweet:

ONE OF THESE THINGS IS NOT QUITE LIKE THE OTHER...

I feel like they hosed Show by not showing a pic of him in shape,