DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

I've heard him on other interviews. Sounds the same to me.

This was the first time I heard his shoot voice. 

Austin does not sound very impressed by him. Forty years ago, someone would have broke his legs. 

17 hours ago, Captain Kronos said:

I have been - and will continue to be - pro-Bliss. 

But looking again at that MITB ladder match more unemotionally, I have to say she did not look good. I'd go so far as to say she was the worst woman in the match. Becky definitely came out of it looking the best and with the most crowd support. Next I would say I liked Lana. 

Anyway, putting this comment here to say that not all Alexa Bliss fans are raving sycophants. (though you wouldn't know it on twitter - those kids are crazy!)

As a fellow huge Bliss supporter, it definitely was not a match she shined in unfortunately. Almost seemed an issue with throwing 8 people in the thing (I think it was Roode in the men's who didn't do much at all). But I still liked the outcome in a sneaky heel gets away with the win while doing as little as possible kind of way, especially considering she was the only heel in the match.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Yes, that is CBS Sports celebrating the 20th anniversary of THAT. 

Someone at CBS Sports must use reddit, since for a while there, it didn't matter what sub you went in to, you were bound to run in to a post telling you to not let (insert thing here) distract you from the fact that in 1998, the Undertaker yadda yadda'd Mankind through a yadda yadda.

On that Shawn Michaels set their putting out, it lists "Michaels/Diesel vs. The Headshrinkers 8/30/94". Is that the match where they won the tag titles because I remember at Sumerslam 94 they showed up as tag champions and Vince on commentary was all "oh yeah they just won them". I don't think that match has ever been seen.

4 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

On that Shawn Michaels set their putting out, it lists "Michaels/Diesel vs. The Headshrinkers 8/30/94". Is that the match where they won the tag titles because I remember at Sumerslam 94 they showed up as tag champions and Vince on commentary was all "oh yeah they just won them". I don't think that match has ever been seen.

Without looking it up, I believe the title change happened at a house show (my memory says in Indianapolis...?) and the match on the DVD is a dark match from a tv taping.

3 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Is it Vince's personal assets or the corporate assets of the WWE that are being invested (I'm assuming there's a difference?)?

Vince sold some stock around the time the relaunch was announced (I don't remember how much, so dunno if it was $500 million worth).   Supposedly, he's financing this with his own money, not company funds.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2018 at 1:05 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That sounds absolutely terrible; not even entertaining in a terrible way like a Nazi frozen in time, now in modern society with a Jewish manager.

Brock hasn't been entertaining for like 3 years now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Player One said:

Vince sold some stock around the time the relaunch was announced (I don't remember how much, so dunno if it was $500 million worth).   Supposedly, he's financing this with his own money, not company funds.

A touch under a hundred (but if he had waited until now it would be worth like 260)