DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

10 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

I like to believe he hitchhiked from San Diego to Montreal, because he was so dead set on being there. Not even Braun could stop him. 

He should have hitchhiked from Montreal to Memphis. Parlez-vous Français? Tell all the girls, Kevin Owens is on his way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Full match listing for the upcoming Shawn Michaels: Showstopper Unreleased set

Disc 1

-Proud of the Future
-The Icon

*Shawn Michaels & Tim Horner vs. Hector & Chavo Guerrero (Mid South Wrestling, 1/5/85)

*Shawn Michaels vs. Jake Roberts (Mid South Wrestling, 2/1/85)

*The Midnight Rockers vs. Doug Somers & Buddy Rose (AWA, 4/1/86)

*The Midnight Rockers vs. Doug Somers & Buddy Rose - AWA Tag Team Championships Match (AWA, 7/13/86)

*The Midnight Rockers vs. Dennis Stamp & Brian Knobbs (AWA, 1/11/87)

-The Rocker

*The Rockers vs. The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers (WWE Prime Time Wrestling, 10/25/88)

*The Rockers vs. Demolition - WWE Tag Team Championships Match (WWE Prime Time Wrestling, 11/1/88)

*The Rockers vs. The Brainbusters (WWE on NESN in Boston, MA, 1/13/89)

*The Rockers vs. The Hart Foundation - Dark Match (Hamilton, Ontario, 12/14/89)

*The Rockers vs. The Orient Express - Dark Match (WWE Prime Time Wrestling, 4/29/90)

*The Rockers vs. Demolition - Dark Match (WWE Wrestling Challenge, 6/5/90)

*The Rockers vs. The Natural Disasters (WWE Prime Time Wrestling, 11/4/91)

*The Rockers vs. The Legion of Doom - Tag Team Championships Match (WWE Superstars, 12/28/91)

Disc 2

-The HeartBreak Kid

*Shawn Michaels vs. Jimmy Snuka (MSG Network Taping, 1/31/92)

*Piper's Pit with Shawn Michaels (WWE Wrestling Challenge, 4/29/92)

*Shawn Michaels vs. Mr. Perfect - Intercontinental Championship Dark Match (WWE Wrestling Challenge, 4/5/93)

*Shawn Michaels & Diesel vs. The Headshrinkers - Dark Match (WWE Superstars, 8/30/94)

-The Main Event

*Shawn Michaels & Diesel: Face to Face (WrestleMania XI Public Workout, 3/28/95)

*Shawn Michaels vs. King Kong Bundy - King of the Ring Qualifying Match (WWE RAW, 5/22/95)

*Shawn Michaels & Bret Hart vs. Jacob & Eli Blu - Dark Match (WWE RAW, 7/24/95)

*Shawn Michaels, Diesel, & The Undertaker vs. Sycho Sid, Tatanka, & Kama - Elimination Tag Dark Match (WWE Superstars, 7/25/95)

-The Champion

*Shawn Michaels vs. 123 Kid (WWE Superstars, 4/27/96)

*Shawn Michaels vs. Steve Austin - WWE Championship Dark Match (WWE Superstars, 4/30/96)

*Shawn Michaels vs. Yokozuna - WWE Championship Match (Kuwait City, 5/10/96)

*Shawn Michaels vs. Vader - WWE Championship Dark Match (WWE Superstars, 9/24/96)

*Shawn Michaels vs. Justin Hawk Bradshaw (WWE Superstars, 9/29/96)

*Shawn Michaels vs. The Brooklyn Brawler - WWE Championship Match (MSG, 11/15/97)

Disc 3

-The Showstopper

*Shawn Michaels vs. Rob Van Dam - Worlds Heavyweight Championship Match (WWE RAW, 11/25/02)

*Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho (WWE RAW, 7/21/03)

*Shawn Michaels vs. Christian (WWE RAW, 10/4/04)

*Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair (WWE RAW, 2/7/05)

*Shawn Michaels & Batista vs. Triple H & Edge - Dark Match (WWE RAW, 3/21/05)

*Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle (WWE RAW, 1/16/06)

-The D-Generate

*D-Generation X vs. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch vs. Charlie Haas & Viscera vs. The Highlanders - Texas Tornado Match (WWE RAW, 10/2/06)

*Shawn Michaels & John Cena vs. Rated RKO - WWE Tag Team Championships Dark Match (WWE RAW, 2/19/07)

*Shawn Michaels vs. Batista vs. Chris Jericho - Worlds Heavyweight Championship Dark Match (WWE RAW, 11/17/08)

*Shawn Michaels & The Undertaker vs. John Bradshaw Layfield & Vladimir Kozlov (WWE RAW, 3/16/09)

-The Legend

• Like 2

If that's the Christian match I'm thinking of, I remember it having the distinction of being the only 2000s Shawn match I can recall where he does his entire comeback formula and doesn't get cutoff after doing the Sweet Chin Music stomp. 

I have been - and will continue to be - pro-Bliss. 

But looking again at that MITB ladder match more unemotionally, I have to say she did not look good. I'd go so far as to say she was the worst woman in the match. Becky definitely came out of it looking the best and with the most crowd support. Next I would say I liked Lana. 

Anyway, putting this comment here to say that not all Alexa Bliss fans are raving sycophants. (though you wouldn't know it on twitter - those kids are crazy!)

4 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Reveal hidden contents

Disc 1

-Proud of the Future
-The Icon

*Shawn Michaels & Tim Horner vs. Hector & Chavo Guerrero (Mid South Wrestling, 1/5/85)

*The Midnight Rockers vs. Doug Somers & Buddy Rose - AWA Tag Team Championships Match (AWA, 7/13/86)

-The Rocker

*The Rockers vs. The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers (WWE Prime Time Wrestling, 10/25/88)

*The Rockers vs. Demolition - WWE Tag Team Championships Match (WWE Prime Time Wrestling, 11/1/88)

*The Rockers vs. The Orient Express - Dark Match (WWE Prime Time Wrestling, 4/29/90)

*The Rockers vs. The Legion of Doom - Tag Team Championships Match (WWE Superstars, 12/28/91)

Disc 2

-The HeartBreak Kid

*Shawn Michaels vs. Mr. Perfect - Intercontinental Championship Dark Match (WWE Wrestling Challenge, 4/5/93)

*Shawn Michaels & Diesel vs. The Headshrinkers - Dark Match (WWE Superstars, 8/30/94)

-The Main Event

*Shawn Michaels & Diesel: Face to Face (WrestleMania XI Public Workout, 3/28/95)

*Shawn Michaels vs. King Kong Bundy - King of the Ring Qualifying Match (WWE RAW, 5/22/95)

*Shawn Michaels, Diesel, & The Undertaker vs. Sycho Sid, Tatanka, & Kama - Elimination Tag Dark Match (WWE Superstars, 7/25/95)

-The Champion

*Shawn Michaels vs. Steve Austin - WWE Championship Dark Match (WWE Superstars, 4/30/96)

*Shawn Michaels vs. Vader - WWE Championship Dark Match (WWE Superstars, 9/24/96)

*Shawn Michaels vs. The Brooklyn Brawler - WWE Championship Match (MSG, 11/15/97)

Disc 3

-The Showstopper

*Shawn Michaels vs. Rob Van Dam - Worlds Heavyweight Championship Match (WWE RAW, 11/25/02)

-The D-Generate

*D-Generation X vs. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch vs. Charlie Haas & Viscera vs. The Highlanders - Texas Tornado Match (WWE RAW, 10/2/06)

*Shawn Michaels & John Cena vs. Rated RKO - WWE Tag Team Championships Dark Match (WWE RAW, 2/19/07)

*Shawn Michaels vs. Batista vs. Chris Jericho - Worlds Heavyweight Championship Dark Match (WWE RAW, 11/17/08)

*Shawn Michaels & The Undertaker vs. John Bradshaw Layfield & Vladimir Kozlov (WWE RAW, 3/16/09)

-The Legend

I have no idea whether these matches are all any good. And we have seen most of these matchups, even if the matches are "new". 

But I am still thrilled at the selection - especially nearly a whole disc of Rockers matches. And all those non-RAW TV matches from the 90's. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Reveal hidden contents

Disc 1

-Proud of the Future
-The Icon

-The Rocker

Disc 2

-The HeartBreak Kid

-The Main Event

-The Champion

Disc 3

-The Showstopper

-The D-Generate

-The Legend

Dennis Stamp! He got booked!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Captain Kronos said:

I have been - and will continue to be - pro-Bliss. 

But looking again at that MITB ladder match more unemotionally, I have to say she did not look good. I'd go so far as to say she was the worst woman in the match. Becky definitely came out of it looking the best and with the most crowd support. Next I would say I liked Lana. 

Anyway, putting this comment here to say that not all Alexa Bliss fans are raving sycophants. (though you wouldn't know it on twitter - those kids are crazy!)

I like Alexa also. I think she's a good heel even if sometimes it's pretty clear she doesn't want to take a bump. Also, the being afraid to take a bump thing is a recent thing because she wasn't always like that.

Anyway, yeah, I'm right there with you in thinking that MitB should have been Becky's night. That said, now Becky has the dreaded veteran's support (not to be confused with veteran presence) since a bunch of dudes like Austin, Edge, and others have said they need to go with Becky, which means she'll just get buried now.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Captain Kronos said:

I have no idea whether these matches are all any good. And we have seen most of these matchups, even if the matches are "new". 

But I am still thrilled at the selection - especially nearly a whole disc of Rockers matches. And all those non-RAW TV matches from the 90's. 

I'm kind of excited about possibly getting a Michaels/Vader match where Shawn (hopefully) doesn't act like a pissy little bitch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Log said:

This thing looked good, then a huge wtf thrown right in the mix.

• Like 3

Yeah, I mean, in theory it would actually be pretty decent. But the match itself is like, 5 minutes long and pretty shitty. The best part about the match was when PWI made a big deal about how he almost won the belt. Which is around the time I was about to completely fall over onto the “this is fake” side of the fence.

When I saw that issue, I was like, “Wait a minute, what’s this shit!?”. I mean, I didn’t actually say that, but I mean, in reality, that was my reaction. Oh, to be 11 and give a shit about stuff like that.

Back to that DVD; I may be in the minority, but for a guy who had such a great career, with cameras tracking pretty much his every move in the ring, that match listing is pretty fucking lousy. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

I like Alexa also. I think she's a good heel even if sometimes it's pretty clear she doesn't want to take a bump. Also, the being afraid to take a bump thing is a recent thing because she wasn't always like that.

Didn’t she just get some touch up surgery recently? She could be taking it easy to be safe, especially since Charlotte just had her own mishap.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Didn’t she just get some touch up surgery recently? She could be taking it easy to be safe, especially since Charlotte just had her own mishap.

See, I was thinking it was more her being gentle on herself after she got hurt in the match with Nia. 

27 minutes ago, RIShane said:

A great and affecting profile of Charlotte Flair written for ESPN's Body Issue.

Still reading the article, but I had to share this paragraph:

Ask around and you discover that wrestling quickly transcends a job, serving for competitors as something of a Buddhist metaphor. You're a player in a story whose outcome you have no control over; one day you're the windshield, the next you're the bug. Your mission is to make the most of what you're given. To say wrestling is a joke is to miss the point. Life is a joke, and wrestling -- equal parts soap opera, kabuki theater and morality play -- is simply a way to revel in the interlaced absurdity and stubborn charm of life. The ring one of the few places on earth where no matter how glaringly human you act, no matter if you're a winner or a loser, people will still love you.

• Like 6