DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Just now, Swiftian said:

I could've sworn this rule had been broken at some stage, so I looked it up. Bulldog gave the Hardcore Title to Al Snow back in 99.

Well - nobody cares what you do with the Hardcore Title.

But then, that probably applies to the Cruiserweight Title too, so I guess Enzo probably could put it up in a poker game.

Anyway to be honest, I don't think the storyline meant that Dibiase or Jax would actually be champions. Jax would win the actual physical belt back for Amore and he'd then be even more into her or something.

2 hours ago, Swiftian said:

I could've sworn this rule had been broken at some stage, so I looked it up. Bulldog gave the Hardcore Title to Al Snow back in 99.

and Shane gave the European title to Mideon, but I just chalk it up to being able to because he's a McMahon

1 hour ago, Swiftian said:

Anyway to be honest, I don't think the storyline meant that Dibiase or Jax would actually be champions. Jax would win the actual physical belt back for Amore and he'd then be even more into her or something.

We're better off it didn't happen. 

Maybe in like six months, Enzo & Cass can be brought in for a dobule shot to get squashed by the AoP and the Bludgeon Brothers. Think the Acolytes beating the piss out of Public Enemy.

1 hour ago, Swiftian said:

35 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

and Shane gave the European title to Mideon, but I just chalk it up to being able to that because he's a McMahon

Orton also won the US Title from Benoit for Booker T. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Duggan FOUND the TV Title in the garbage.

The owner of the first indy fed I worked for was a belt mark, and was pissed at the TV belt being thrown away. Since he had a replica, he declared himself the WCW TV Champ. Which I believe he lost at the end of that announcement as somebody rolled him up and I counted the pin.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

In all due respect, we all know the best title for situations like this is the DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship.

Notable champions

As of May 2018 there have been over 1,300 title changes for the belt, which has been won by numerous male and female wrestlers and non-wrestlers, including children, animals, entire audiences and inanimate objects.

Animals

• Yatchan - A monkey
  • Cocolo - A miniature Dachshund dog.
  • Bunny - A cat

Inanimate objects

• Ladder - a steel ladder. Would fall on the champion and a pinfall was counted. Ladder successfully defended the title by not being pinned during the time limit battle royal matches. Ladder was a three-time champion and the first inanimate object to win the title.
  • Kitty-Chan - a stuffed 'Hello Kitty' doll
  • Mah-Kun - another stuffed doll, who defeated 'Kitty-Chan' for the belt
  • A baseball bat - lost the belt after being broken in half as a 'KO' decision
  • Chiririn - a chicken doll
  • Mr. Kasai - a stuffed Jun Kasai doll. Mr. Kasai has won the belt twice.
  • A Pro Wrestling Wave poster.
  • Big Japan Pro Wrestling ring truck.
  • Ice Ribbon ringside mat.
  • A pint of beer.
  • A stick of yakitori.
  • A steel chair.
  • "Kōmyō", a painting by Akihiro Miwa.
  • The title belt itself.
  • Akihiro, another inflatable 'love doll'. Made its debut on August 18, 2013.
  • Yoshihiko - An inflatable 'love doll' and the supposed brother of Akihiro. Wrestlers treat it as if it actually was an active wrestler, and actually sell moves "done" by him/her, mostly high flying moves. For some moves, like outside dives, Yoshihiko is helped by one or more assistants, who throw him out of the ring, pull his foot on the ropes, etc. Opposing wrestlers make like those assistants are not there and are part of Yoshihiko. The original Yoshihiko was "killed" by an Antonio Honda knee drop, which caused its head to burst open, and was replaced by a second Yoshihiko, who was also a 'love doll', only modified to resemble the Great Muta. The second Yoshihiko was killed by Kenny Omega by a giant swing that sent Yoshihiko out of the ring, thus splitting his head open and revealing cotton stuffing. Later on in that match however, a third Yoshihiko came out resembling The Undertaker's old American Bad Ass gimmick, even using the same theme music. Following that match, the third Yoshihiko was shot to death by Antonio Honda. A fourth Yoshihiko, resembling Hulk Hogan, debuted shortly afterwards.
  • Vince McMahon's Hollywood Walk of Fame star
  • A bus
  • TV Tokyo camera crane
  • Pork bun
  • A kotatsu table
  • A trash bin
  • Pair of chopsticks
  • RN: Konyamoanokodenuitarou - A printed E-mail

Non-existent

• Arnold Skeskejanaker - An "invisible wrestler" i.e. non-existent. Opponents sell moves of a wrestler who isn't there, and the title is held by nothing and no-one but the wrestlers and referees act as if they can see and pin the "invisible wrestler". Muscle Sakai "won" the title from this "invisible wrestler" by using a "ray gun" and "infrared visor" to shoot the "invisible wrestler", winning the belt on a KO decision.
  • The Invisible Man - Another "invisible wrestler"

Collective champions

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Green Meanie said:

IYoshihiko - An inflatable 'love doll' and the supposed brother of Akihiro. Wrestlers treat it as if it actually was an active wrestler, and actually sell moves "done" by him/her, mostly high flying moves. For some moves, like outside dives, Yoshihiko is helped by one or more assistants, who throw him out of the ring, pull his foot on the ropes, etc. Opposing wrestlers make like those assistants are not there and are part of Yoshihiko. The original Yoshihiko was "killed" by an Antonio Honda knee drop, which caused its head to burst open, and was replaced by a second Yoshihiko, who was also a 'love doll', only modified to resemble the Great Muta. The second Yoshihiko was killed by Kenny Omega by a giant swing that sent Yoshihiko out of the ring, thus splitting his head open and revealing cotton stuffing. Later on in that match however, a third Yoshihiko came out resembling The Undertaker's old American Bad Ass gimmick, even using the same theme music. Following that match, the third Yoshihiko was shot to death by Antonio Honda. A fourth Yoshihiko, resembling Hulk Hogan, debuted shortly afterwards.

Somewhere in Kentucky right now, Jim Cornette's head is bursting into flames, and he doesn't even know why. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Didn't HBK give the Euro title away after the Bulldog thing in England?  i can't remember exactly..  maybe him and Hunter were supposed to fight and he just laid down.  I remember something like that. 

Yes, Sgt. Slaughter forced them to have a match and HBK layed down for Hunter. I remember it was JR and Corny on commentary. "Why won't Helmsley slow down and stop?"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

In all due respect, we all know the best title for situations like this is the DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship.

• Yoshihiko - An inflatable 'love doll' and the supposed brother of Akihiro. Wrestlers treat it as if it actually was an active wrestler, and actually sell moves "done" by him/her, mostly high flying moves. For some moves, like outside dives, Yoshihiko is helped by one or more assistants, who throw him out of the ring, pull his foot on the ropes, etc. Opposing wrestlers make like those assistants are not there and are part of Yoshihiko. The original Yoshihiko was "killed" by an Antonio Honda knee drop, which caused its head to burst open, and was replaced by a second Yoshihiko, who was also a 'love doll', only modified to resemble the Great Muta. The second Yoshihiko was killed by Kenny Omega by a giant swing that sent Yoshihiko out of the ring, thus splitting his head open and revealing cotton stuffing. Later on in that match however, a third Yoshihiko came out resembling The Undertaker's old American Bad Ass gimmick, even using the same theme music. Following that match, the third Yoshihiko was shot to death by Antonio Honda. A fourth Yoshihiko, resembling Hulk Hogan, debuted shortly afterwards.
  • Vince McMahon's Hollywood Walk of Fame star

Never knew there were only so many Yoshihiko's. I thought there was just the two.

When did Vince's Walk of Fame star become champ?